Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > 2010 READ-A-THON Awards!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Sep 19, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments First off:
Congratulations to all those who participated in the
Who's Your Author 2010 Read-A-Thon!

Without everyone who participated this challenge never could have happened.

A thanks to those people who were able to participate: Nichole, Danielle, Steph, Sandra, Stephanie, Betelgeuze, Darcy, Elizabeth, Dawn and Kelley Anne. (If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know!)

And also, a special thanks to Kelley Anne for putting extra effort into making this Read-A-Thon a success.

After looking over the Final Results, we now present the 2010 Read-A-Thon Awards :

Most Amount of Books Read - Jess with 9

Most Amount of Audio Books Read - Nichole with 2

Longest amount of time reading -
First Place: Darcy with 24.5 hours
Second place: Sandra, Steph, Elizabeth, Danielle, and Nichole with 24 hours

Most amount of pages - Jess with 3,375 pages

Most enthusiastic participants - Sandra and Steph had over 400 postings during their read-a-thon

Miss Congeniality (read with the most amount of people) - Dawn

Best cheerleader (made the most encouraging comments to help participants) -
This award goes out to all of the participants in the Read-A-Thon. Everyone was very encouraging and helpful to everyone else.

This concludes the Who's Your Author 2010 Read-A-Thon! Maybe we will see it again next summer!!

Thanks again!!

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4531 comments Thank you kind mods, Jess and Kelley Anne.

I'd love to see it back again next year, had a great time, turned Steph and I into great friends.

message 3: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Congrats to everyone! Hope that it was fun for those that participated. I know that I enjoyed it. Hopefully it's something that we can do again next summer.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Sandra wrote: "Thank you kind mods, Jess and Kelley Anne.

I'd love to see it back again next year, had a great time, turned Steph and I into great friends."

I'm so glad to hear that!!!

If people are willing to try it again, I think we can definitely do it next summer :)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments This was a fun challenge...

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Glad you liked it Nichole :)

message 7: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments This would be a great idea to promote adult literacy like a fund raiser.

message 8: by Jess (last edited Sep 21, 2010 06:06PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Dawn wrote: "This would be a great idea to promote adult literacy like a fund raiser."

That's an interesting idea. Do you think we would need more people? I wonder how we would go about setting it up?