Outlander Series discussion

Characters > Ian Murray Jr (Wolf's Brother)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lchacha) | 59 comments I have missed Ian from the moment he stayed back with the Mohawks. It breaks my heart that Jamie and Ian were separated. Can anyone tell me if they reunite?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) Trust me when I say that the anxiety and anticipation is worth it and that you should just continue with the series :)

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (akbaum) I know how you feel, Elizabeth. Ian is one of my favorite characters. When he stayed with the Mohawks I couldn't believe it, so sad. Sarah's right, just keep reading!!!

message 4: by Ledda (new)

Ledda Gh | 50 comments Elizabeth, so many things happen I cried like a baby when we left Ian behind. Some more interesting things are going to happen so just read on! It's worth it

message 5: by Mamamichelle (new)

Mamamichelle | 163 comments Is it strange that I have dreams about him? Just saying...

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (robnmich) | 3 comments Keep reading, you wont be disappointed

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments Ian is a very under rated character to me. I loved him from the first time I read about him. I loved how Jamie took him under his wing and taught him so much. He is just like Jamie's son. How he has a crush on Brianna is so touching to me. There is true affection there.

Do keep reading. He is so important that I know you will love to hear what happens with him.

message 8: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments I do too love him since he was born. When Jamie was hiding from the red coats, I think it was in the cupboard, Ian was about to cry and Jamie put a finger in his mouth to quite him that was an awe moment for me. & I was teary when Jamie was sitting by the windowseat comforting him, and talking to him about his childhood. That's to me was like they had developed a bond that no one can break. So no surprise to me that Ian had run away from home to be with his uncle and followed him everywhere he goes. & I love Rollo as well. :-)

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 25 comments I adore Ian. I think I have cried in more scenes that involved Ian than any other character. When Ian left for the Mohawk I was literally distraught and sick to my stomache. I ached so badly.
Ian is a necessary character to bring it all together.

Shout out to the amazing Rollo as well!

message 10: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Ian is my favorite character, second only to Jamie. I love everything about him.

message 11: by Mamamichelle (new)

Mamamichelle | 163 comments Michelle wrote: "I adore Ian. I think I have cried in more scenes that involved Ian than any other character. When Ian left for the Mohawk I was literally distraught and sick to my stomache. I ached so badly.
Ian..."

I know it my sound a bit far fetched, but I would almost be excitied to read a series about him, after Jamie and Claire's ends...I love Ian! I had a dream that he and I were watching The Notebook, while Jamie and Roger were grilling!

message 12: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments hahahaha, thats an awesome dream!

I think about that too, that instead of LJG Diana should do a Ian spin off series.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 25 comments I'd rather a spin off series on Ian instead of Lord John pinning away for Jamie!!

message 14: by Mamamichelle (new)

Mamamichelle | 163 comments Michelle wrote: "I'd rather a spin off series on Ian instead of Lord John pinning away for Jamie!!"

I would love it! But I am excitied to read the LJG book!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 25 comments I am really looking forward to the LJG book "The Scottish Prisoner". Apparently it does have alot more of Jamie than the previous books. Yeah!

message 16: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments Wendy wrote: "hahahaha, thats an awesome dream!

I think about that too, that instead of LJG Diana should do a Ian spin off series."

That would be so cool. I love to read about Ian especially we missed his whole childhood. I also LOVE to read about him and Rachael Hunter. She is very dear to me. I hope they will have a happy ending. He definitely deserved better than his mohawk ex, Emily. OBTW, here is the secret I have never told anyone, I do not like her, at all.

message 17: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments hahaha, I don't like her either. I love Rachel!

message 18: by Mamamichelle (new)

Mamamichelle | 163 comments Michelle wrote: "I am really looking forward to the LJG book "The Scottish Prisoner". Apparently it does have alot more of Jamie than the previous books. Yeah!"
Do you know when that is supposed to come out? Are the 3 books that are out, before or after Jamie?

message 19: by Mamamichelle (new)

Mamamichelle | 163 comments Wendy wrote: "hahaha, I don't like her either. I love Rachel!"

I love friend Rachel as well, but I want Ian to get his little swiftest of lizards!

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments I think DG will put a conflict between Ian and William over Rachel in the next book. Poor Jamie will have to deal with this because he loves Ian so much and of course William is his son. I do think Rachel loves Ian though, even though she is intriqued by William.

message 21: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments She will definitely put more of that triangle out there. But I agree, in the end it will be Ian. They are both 'bloody men', so it's not like William will have that over Ian.

William needs a woman, just not Ian's.

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments We need someone else to come through the stones for William, just like his fsther got Claire. Ooh, that would be so great!!

message 23: by Deena (new)

Deena | 175 comments I know this is random but I work as a cashier and after this one guy made a purchase with a credit card I noticed his name on the card was "Ian Murray" I thought that was so cool!

message 24: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments That's awesome! I sent to James Fraser once. And I regularly send to Simon Fraser University in Canada at work.

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah (leah_moss) | 91 comments This thread title confused me...Ian's Mohawk name is Wolf's Brother not Runs With Wolves.

message 26: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 28, 2011 06:13PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Gosh, I love Ian, Jr, too! I think he has a lot of the great qualities of his da, Ian Sr. He also has inherited that Fraser sense of humor. Gotta love it.

He breaks my heart in so many moments of this series starting with Voyager and Drums of Autumn. I just read that part again in DOA and cried buckets. He's such a gentle/strong person if that makes any sense. His attachment to Rollo is endearing and there are other facets that I won't mention so as to not spoil it for Elizabeth.

I used to picture Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Ian, Jr. He has that open, friendly face DG describes so well...sadly, he's too old now to play young Ian.

message 27: by Deena (new)

Deena | 175 comments Yea seriously Ian he is a great character very interesting and very well-developed throughout the series.... Hmm Joseph gordon levitt would have made a great Ian ten years ago you're right, his facial features are similar to how I would picture ians facial features

message 28: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 29, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments I know! Too bad he's way too old now. DG always described him as having a broad homely face. Not that I find JGL homely, but he's not a pretty boy, either.

It's probably best the never make this series into a a movie. We'd never be satisfied!

message 29: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments I saw this and had to share, it made my giggle :)

Peggyzbooksnmusic Leea wrote: "I saw this and had to share, it made my giggle :)

"

Leea....love it! Where did you see this? If I was younger I would have SUCH a crush on Young Ian :D

message 31: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments That's so awesome!!! I love this one.

I had that on my Myspace way back when.

message 32: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments That's awesome Leea and WendyF!!!

Peggyzbooksnmusic Wendy F wrote: "That's so awesome!!! I love this one.

I had that on my Myspace way back when."

Wendy F.....LOL! That is great! :D

message 34: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments I absolutly love Ian too. ( and Rollo) I love how Jamie and Ian have that wonderful connection..like father and son. I think Ian has taken his father's place at Jamie's right side. Wee Ian is always there when Jamie has needed him and is watching over Claire and everyone Jamie loves when he is not around. What a great bond!!! It will be interesting to see what will happen (view spoiler)

message 35: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I don't think Ian is in any danger of losing his spot in Jamie's heart. Willie may be his biologically, but Ian and Fergus are the sons of his heart.

message 36: by Diane (new)

Diane (danderv) | 60 comments Wendy, that is a beautiful, and very true comment! I love that!

message 37: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments I can't wait for Ian to get some happiness and true love. No one deserves it better than him. I wish I could find a picture of him, besides Jamie he's my favorite character in the books.

message 38: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments He's my favorite too! (other then Jamie)

message 39: by Sharonh (new)

Sharonh | 472 comments Leah, on CompuServe under DG's message board, there is an artist who has drawn her interpretation of many of the characters and Young Ian is one of them. Go check it out....the artist's first name is Sylvie I think. PM me and I will try to find the URL for you to her website where she stores her renderings.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Young Ian would be really well represented by Ben Wishaw http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924210/

He's kind of awkward but has an enormous vulnerability that makes you care about him. Good and slim but with a huge personality.

message 41: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliebritton) | 11 comments Caroline wrote: "I think Young Ian would be really well represented by Ben Wishaw http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924210/

He's kind of awkward but has an enormous vulnerability that makes you care about him. Good a..."

Caroline- perfect! Quirky, not exactly handsome, but has such an open face. All the things I think of when I read about Ian. I agree with all the previous posters - Ian has become my number 2 favorite Scot!

message 42: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Ian is my number 2 favorite male character in the book, for sure.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Ian too for me is a verra close runner up to Jamie. But I like that he has some of his father about him to be of a different nature but when Jenny's steel comes out he's a Fraser. I feel that maybe when Jamie passes on Ian can pick up the guantlet successfully and carry our hearts on through him nad his misadventures.

message 44: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Well and Jamie himself has had such a hand in raising Ian. I can see so much of Jamie in him too. He's definitely become a really amazing character.

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 2 comments My brother reminds me of Ian. One of my very favorate characters in the whole series!

message 46: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments I love Ian, I want him to find happiness and love :) I hope DG continues that series with him.

Peggyzbooksnmusic I also have a very special place in my heart for Young Ian :D

message 48: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1360 comments He is a very real character. Bree seem too perfect and smart good at everything. Jamie is so tragic and perfectly romantic( but who doesn't love him) LJG and william are too privileged. Jenny too bossy & Ian sr. Too easy going. I do love all the characters for their part in the story but I feel I have met young Ian.

message 49: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Jan 26, 2012 08:17PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Caroline wrote: "I think Young Ian would be really well represented by Ben Wishaw http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924210/

He's kind of awkward but has an enormous vulnerability that makes you care about him. Good a..."

I've loved Ben Whishaw ever since Bright Star. Sigh. He does quite look like how Young Ian is described. He's got the open, homely face and the high cheekbones.

Young Ian is such an amazing character. I love reading about him. He's always the voice of reason in many moments of chaos.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen I enjoyed Bright Star but I am a huge Ben Wishaw fan. I think he will be a very great actor, he's already doing very well. I knw he's a bit older but I think they could make him look younger.

« previous 1