Immortals After Dark discussion

The Characters > Kristoff & Furie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 156 (156 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Anisa (new)

Anisa | 11 comments I keep reading that KC confirmed them as a couple, but I haven't read that/seen it on her website. Where'd you guys get that info and do you have a link so I can see for myself?
Thanks!!!

message 2: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2009/...

It was mentioned in the forums with a link to that blog-chat. If you scroll down to 9:41, you'll see KC confirm that Furie is Kristoff's HEA.

message 3: by Charitabee (new)

Charitabee | 31 comments I just feel so meh about the two of them. Like we haven't gotten to know them well enough to be invested in their outcome.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am okay with that! I have a good feeling about both of them.....but I am sooooo looking forward to Lothair's story ....... he has a super sense of humor.... dry and all....

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I think they should be together. All that violent hatred promises for an equally violent love.

message 6: by Nette (new)

Nette | 77 comments Charitabee wrote: "I just feel so meh about the two of them. Like we haven't gotten to know them well enough to be invested in their outcome."

Wouldn't it be something with the two of them ending up together. What with the way Furie hates vampires with a passion and Kristoff being a good vamp? If she blooded him, it'd be one hell of a fight scene if nothing else....lol Then with all of the changes that taken place (Myst/Nikolai and various alies mating with vamps) since Furie has been missing, she may take it all in for the better?

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

I agree, Nette. It would be make for a very enticing, intense read. I bet Furie is going to have to do a lot of changing on her viewpoints on vamps with all the vamp in-laws she has now.

message 8: by Nette (last edited Feb 21, 2011 04:06PM) (new)

Nette | 77 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I agree, Nette. It would be make for a very enticing, intense read. I bet Furie is going to have to do a lot of changing on her viewpoints on vamps with all the vamp in-laws she has now."

Yeah, she'd have to adjust a lot! But with a name like 'Furie' she'll probably have a melt down first...lol She is racking up in vamp-in-laws pretty quickly isn't she? I forgot about Kaderin and Sebastian...lol

message 9: by Darknessa (new)

Darknessa | 16 comments I always had a feeling Kristoff will be with Furie! I didn't know Cole confirmed it!
They will be really good together! I think their story can be catastrophic! His uncle locked her in the sea for decades! She lived her life fighting off vampires! how will he win her heart? He's such a gentle pure blood..
*squeals* I can't wait!

message 10: by Kryptonite (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 88 comments Same here Darknessa. I was thinking of Kristoff & Furie. Didn't know it was confirmed.

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I think they should be together. All that violent hatred promises for an equally violent love."

Well said Lady D.

message 11: by Darknessa (last edited Aug 10, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Darknessa | 16 comments yup, I got a capture of KC confirming it

Furie

I predicted he would help in her rescue, and Furie attacks him
KC said they will be the last book *weep*
How long do we have to wait?

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (shadowmaster13) | 113 comments Darknessa wrote: "yup, I got a capture of KC confirming it

How long do we have to wait?"

That was a while ago, maybe she's changed her mind? or there'll be a spin-off.

Because while I definitely want their story, I do not want IAD to end yet, so if it's the last one I never ever want it.

message 13: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy Morris (reading-huntress001) | 10 comments i feel the same way Darknessa, this series should not end yet, i mean what about their children and some other important characters that were mentioned.
This can't just end with Furie, WE NEED MORE IAD!

message 14: by Kryptonite (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 88 comments I think I remember watching a youtube interview with KC where she mentioned she's not planning on ending IAD as long as there are readers.

message 15: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (shadowmaster13) | 113 comments Kryptonite wrote: "I think I remember watching a youtube interview with KC where she mentioned she's not planning on ending IAD as long as there are readers."

Hooray!! *Grin* But still I think KC has a bunch of stuff that she wants to happen before Furie is saved so it's still a ways off (I hope).

message 16: by Kryptonite (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 88 comments Agreed.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 2 comments Hey, I don't know if you guys have seen this:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t...

but the whole Furie/Kristoff pairing is brought up and KC says in response to a question that:

"Kristoff has a very interesting history with some twists that I didn't see coming. In the past, I confirmed that he will be with Furie, but I might have said that on Opposite Day, or even Red Herring Day, because I do observe both. :smileywink:"

so maybe the pairing is a little less certain than once thought?

message 18: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) I really didn't perceive much into Furie/Kristof pairing. Interesting to see where it will go.

message 19: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments Rebecca wrote: "Hey, I don't know if you guys have seen this:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t...

but the whole Furie/Kristoff pair..."

Oh wow, I always thought the Kristoff/Furie pairing was a sure thing.

message 20: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) Was it ever mentioned in the books? I don't recall reading anything about them.

message 21: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments No, I don't think it is mentioned. I recall Lothaire saying to Nix something about how they know who Kristoff's paired up with.

But, I checked the link and aren't those comments from KC from 2009?

message 22: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 2 comments Yep, the comments are from 2009, but then it was 2009 when KC first said that Furie would be Kristoff's HEA, and these posts come after. I don't know if she's re-confirmed or denied it since then.

Personally though I'm not that fussed about seeing a pairing between these two. They both seem like they could be such strong characters that they each should have their own books.

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

I think they would be a great match. But if Cole sees the story going in another direction, that's fine with me too.

message 24: by Tank (new)

Tank What about Nucking Futs HEA!?!?!?!

message 25: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Lulu wrote: "No, I don't think it is mentioned. I recall Lothaire saying to Nix something about how they know who Kristoff's paired up with.

But, I checked the link and aren't those comments from KC from 2009?"

And because of that, I think it's kinda official that Kristoff will be paired with Furie.

First Gena (with Cameo's book become the last, before that, it was Torin's) and now KC too? I just hope the story still great anyway, no matter what to who they will be mated.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

52ShadesofClay wrote: "What about Nucking Futs HEA!?!?!?!"

I'm not even sure Cole knows who her mate is. :)

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Ren wrote: "Lulu wrote: "No, I don't think it is mentioned. I recall Lothaire saying to Nix something about how they know who Kristoff's paired up with.

But, I checked the link and aren't those comments from..."

Ooh. Excited about Cameo and Torin's books!

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam | 6 comments Darknessa wrote: "yup, I got a capture of KC confirming it

How long do we have to wait?"

Thought it was Nix's story? Everyone is saying KC confirmed that Nix's story will be the end of IAD. I'm confused ~_~

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam | 6 comments Since I finished reading Macrieve, I've been thinking about who are the best mate from the unmated special characters in the series. Kristoff and Furie made a lot of impression to me. They'd be a great couple. What best way to accept that some vampires are good but to be mated with the Forebearers King? :) Besides, Kristoff has this silent commanding power you can't say no to that seems perfect for Furie's, well, furry :D I just can feel they'll be an explosively fun couple ;)

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

I can definitely see what you mean about Kristoff. His and Furie's book is going to be really fun.

message 31: by Nette (new)

Nette | 77 comments Meeyah wrote: "Since I finished reading Macrieve, I've been thinking about who are the best mate from the unmated special characters in the series. Kristoff and Furie made a lot of impression to me. They'd be a g..."

They'll probably make a good couple after the smack down rumble I suspect they'll have before they'll get to the mating...lol

She's been described as having NO love for vampires!
(Warlord Wants Forever)"She wouldn't check for vampire affiliation before she slaughtered and would expect her covens to follow her example."

We'll be commentators and spectators like in the WWF...

"In this corner.......we have Furie,the fiercest, strongest, vamp hating, no mercy having, queen of the Valkyrie.... And on the other side, we have Kristoff, King of the Forebearers! Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

Let the fighting begin...lol

Just bring the popcorn!!!

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

The Enemies to Lover themes never gets old. That's why I expect to be a happy spectator, just as you suggested, Nette.

message 33: by Nette (new)

Nette | 77 comments Happy New Year!!

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Happy New Year!!!

message 35: by Thea (new)

Thea Liwanag-Mabulay (aehtthea) | 2 comments I'm not one to comment (and keep track) on forums, regardless of it being KC's IAD (which I deeply love), but for the longest time I have been having a feeling that Kristoff and Furie will be paired. And now, reading all of these posts had me reeling with excitement!

message 36: by Nette (new)

Nette | 77 comments Anyone consider Nix and Kristoff as a couple? Have they ever met through out the series? I can't remember if they've ever crossed paths or not. Might be a good pair.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Thea wrote: "I'm not one to comment (and keep track) on forums, regardless of it being KC's IAD (which I deeply love), but for the longest time I have been having a feeling that Kristoff and Furie will be paire..."

We're glad you did comment, Thea! I'm really excited about Furie and Kristoff as well.

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Nette wrote: "Anyone consider Nix and Kristoff as a couple? Have they ever met through out the series? I can't remember if they've ever crossed paths or not. Might be a good pair."

I can't see Kristoff with anyone but Furie, honestly. I don't think we've met the male that can handle Nix yet. I'm sure that KC is really wracking her brain to create the right hero for her.

message 39: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments I don't remember when, but maybe I saw it at KC page and she state that Furie's mate maybe not Kristoff. I hope I read it wrong (still team Furie-Kristoff here)

message 40: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I think Nix will be mated with a new character. I just can't picture her with anyone who's already been in the series. Now that Lothaire has found another mate.

I'm looking forward to Lanthe and Thronos' story.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Andrea wrote: "I think Nix will be mated with a new character. I just can't picture her with anyone who's already been in the series. Now that Lothaire has found another mate.

I'm looking forward to Lanthe and T..."

I agree. I thought her and Lothaire might work for a while...

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments What if Nix is mated with a human??? I'd love it. Someone who isn't awed by her rep. A cowboy type or blue collar worker...someone that works with his hands, not sit behind a desk. Ooh, I need to stop before I've strayed completely onto fanfic territory! lol!

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

My only issue with that is the mortality aspect. I know real life means a spouse can die, but in my escapist paranormal/fantasy reading, I don't want to have to think about that.

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Yes, Danielle, they'd have to deal with that. But it's a magic universe so that should be easy, right? :)

Hey! Didn't Nix have a thing for Mike Rowe the Dirty Jobs guy for awhile?

message 45: by Nette (new)

Nette | 77 comments Andrea wrote: "Yes, Danielle, they'd have to deal with that. But it's a magic universe so that should be easy, right? :)

Hey! Didn't Nix have a thing for Mike Rowe the Dirty Jobs guy for awhile?"

Yeah, she did until he put a restraining order against her...lol

message 46: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments rotfl! Nix is a riot.

message 47: by Sam (new)

Sam | 6 comments Andrea wrote: "What if Nix is mated with a human??? I'd love it. Someone who isn't awed by her rep. A cowboy type or blue collar worker...someone that works with his hands, not sit behind a desk. Ooh, I need to ..."

I've thought of that already but we can't have a man who's just going to be with Nix for half a century or so. So my second choice is that Nix's mate should be a young hybrid. When Thad was introduced, I thought he'd be great for Nix. Young, carefree, and very open with his emotion. Also a creature to be reckoned with (though he doesn't know it yet). After That-Thing-That-Happened with Nix in Lothaire's castle you gotta admit she needs a break, to really have some innocent fun time. But I think they've met already and Nix didn't blooded Thad, so, oh well.

message 48: by Sam (new)

Sam | 6 comments Nette wrote: "Meeyah wrote: "Since I finished reading Macrieve, I've been thinking about who are the best mate from the unmated special characters in the series. Kristoff and Furie made a lot of impression to me..."

Love your comment. LOL
Made my day XD !!!

message 49: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Nix blooded Thad is.. eww, eww, eww. No offense but I can't see this pairing.

As for Nix's mate become man, well Cole will make it work like what she did with Elizabeth and Lothaire. But I prefer an immortal who at last equal with our Nix.

message 50: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Yeah, I really want Nix to catch a break. Even though she's always acting ditzy, you know that brain is always in overdrive. She cares for everyone but who cares for her? Has she even had a good night's sleep in the last 5 books?

« previous 1 3 4