Task Completion discussion

General > Hey You, Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 293 (293 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Please make introductions here! We'd love to know a little about you! :)

message 2: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 18, 2010 05:30PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hi-hi! I'm Zakiya. I live in TN with my parents and younger brother. I love to text, listen to music, and, as if it weren't obvious enough, read! I don't have a particular favorite genre, but if you were to ask me, I would have to say that I read a lot of Fantasy, so maybe it's that.

I want to go to University of Alabama and University of Alabama Law School. I want to be a gymnast. My biggest goal/dream in life is to become a successful tax lawyer. My biggest achievement so far was when I, then a seventh grader, got 12 awards at my school's Awards Night. I want to be able to travel the world and visit France, Italy, Greece, China, India, Japan, England, Denmark, Spain, Holland, Australia, and a LOT of other places as well.

I can't wait until I get into more reading for this group! Happy Reading!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Ginny!
Thanks for the invite (and for your idea), it looks fun! Exactly my cup of tea!
Can't wait to start!!!
Is there a thread where we can put the books we're planning to read, though?

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I didn't think about that. I will make one ASAP! :D

Thanks for coming, Ginny, and no problem about the invite! The idea... It just came to me! LOL!

message 5: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi, you already know me and if you dont you will-eventualy- so...

i joined because i LOOOve challenges!!

PS- I love the NO PROFANITY!- (...) our young members don't need to be corrupted.

very nice

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Leo! Nice to see ya here. In fact, I seem to see you everywhere... ;)

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) thanks gin x)

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Yeah, it's because we're all so friendly :). Haha, but thanks for joining Leo! And yeah, that's my favorite one, too.

message 9: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) lol!

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 278 comments Mod
Hi I'm Meghan! I saw Z's from the One Million Pages Group. Similar to the SRC group which I know she is also in. Plenty of ways to fit in more groups. This will be fun to see what I can do.

message 11: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 19, 2010 07:19AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Yep, somebody noticed. I knew it wouldn't be long. Yes, I started this group as a sort of mini Seasonal Reading Challenge group. Just thought it would be fun to manage my own :).

Thanks for joining Meghan! :D

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) hey u guys! of course u guys know me and thanks for the invite Zakiya!
i love reading and i hope to b a chef and go to the Cordon Bleau here in Chicago :D

message 13: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's a great goal, Heather! Thanks for joining, and no problem about the invite. I don't think I would be able to be a chef. MAybe a good cook, but nothing professional or anything. Just cooking for my (future) family. :)

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 17 comments Hi everyone I'm Kate. Since most of you know me I won't write a long bio. and if you don't I'll just be a mystery until you do. I'm so excited for this group! Can't wait to get reading for some challenges!

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL, Kate! Great intro for yourself. You're always so creative! :D Thanks for joinin'!

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela B I think everyone here pretty much knows me but if you don't, HI! my name is Angela!

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Hey Angela! :D

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela B Hi!
These challenges are going to get me in so much trouble cuz I feel like if I don't finish them I have failed but at the same time, I can't help but wanting to do more of them...ahhhh!

message 19: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! I know right? I feel like, since I made the group and all of the tasks but one, I should do each of them at least once. I'm overwhelming myself w/school and everything. Haha.

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm glad I'm not alone

message 21: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Nope, never alone. Have you joined Meghan's new group? I did, and now I feel like I have to participate in hers, too, since she joined mine and all, you know? Wayy too overwhelming. But I'm not going to try doing all of hers, though.

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela B I did sign up for it but none of the challenges really drew me in as being really interesting for next month so as of now I'm not going to do them, as it gets closer maybe I will do them anyways but there are just so much going on already and I openes your group first so it's the one I'm in for as of now, the other thing is there is more time here instead of it being monthly sadly I don't read enough to really want to do monthly challenges

message 23: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Ahh; not counting the books I've read this month, I've got an average of 7 books a month. I think that's amazing by itself. Haha

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 17 comments Thanks Z. I just thought instead of putting the same old same old, since I know almost everyone here I thought I'd save them the trouble of reading what they've already read. I don't know if that's creative exactly but thanks for the compliment! :)

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 17 comments I can't believe that you've read 7 books this month! I'm still reading the one that will count as my first, and probably, only book read this month.

message 26: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, it's creative to me :). And you're welcome!

No, my average of books read per month (w/o including Sept.) is 7. So far this month, I've only gotten 5.

And tha's okay! August was my terrible month, so I know how that is. Just pick up your pace when you feel you're ready. :).

message 27: by Kate (last edited Sep 19, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 17 comments Oooo, I gottcha. That's still really great though!

It's hard to pick up the pace with school, but I find that now, since were a month and some into shcool, I'm getting back into things and being able to read more. :)

P.S. I posted the reading assighnment for Chosen over @ Million Pages. I tried to make it work for everyone.

message 28: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks... I'm trying.

Yeah, I really understand that! LOL! It seems that I'm just getting less and less time to read for me :"(.

Alrightys; going over to check.

message 29: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 17 comments Less time? That sucks. :( I'm surprised that I'm finiding more time to read but I'm sure that shortly I'll be getting much less time to read, if any at all.

message 30: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah, tell me about it! I am still keeping some of my faith, though, thatI can read a bunchof books before the years over.. I'm actually reading right now, which is helping a little. (Just wondering: Did you invite your friends to the group?)

message 31: by Angela (new)

Angela B my average books read a month is about 8 and I'm hoping to up that!

message 32: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's great, Angela! An awesome goal too. I'm trying to get mine to ten.

message 33: by Angela (new)

Angela B That's my goal too but I just don't think it will happen every month I have done it once this year though I believe, yay for having been unemployed! LoL

message 34: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, at the same time, I'm sure you're happy that you have a job now, right? :). I've only done that once this year as well. Maybe Sept will get lucky, or I'll do spectacular in Oct.

message 35: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm happy that I get a pay check from my new job, other then that I'm not so sure I'd agree with that statement

message 36: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Heather wrote: "hey u guys! of course u guys know me and thanks for the invite Zakiya!
i love reading and i hope to b a chef and go to the Cordon Bleau here in Chicago :D"

that is soo cool!! what do you like to cook the most?

message 37: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Angela wrote: "I'm happy that I get a pay check from my new job, other then that I'm not so sure I'd agree with that statement"

Haha, understandable. (Sort of.)

message 38: by TinCanKreations (new)

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) | 37 comments I'm the dude who eats bacon

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) Stray wrote: "Heather wrote: "hey u guys! of course u guys know me and thanks for the invite Zakiya!
i love reading and i hope to b a chef and go to the Cordon Bleau here in Chicago :D"

that is soo cool!! what ..."
i love baking or making pasta dishes but i would make anything if it doesnt include killing the animal or anything similar to that

message 40: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Oh cool, Heather! I love me some good 'ole pasta! :D

Kable: LOL! Well, hi, Kable, dude who eats bacon :)). Thanks for joining! Creative intro, btw.

message 41: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haley: Heyy!! You sound like someone that I would LOVE to talk to! :D

NocturnalRavings(Jodie) (mistrissmoon) | 2 comments Hello's,I'm Jodie. :D I'm not entirely sure what to do,but I'll try it. xD

message 43: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Hey I'm Sherri.

message 44: by TinCanKreations (new)

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) | 37 comments Zakiya wrote: "Oh cool, Heather! I love me some good 'ole pasta! :D

Kable: LOL! Well, hi, Kable, dude who eats bacon :)). Thanks for joining! Creative intro, btw."

No its true, bacon is my alarm clock. I smell it, FEWWWM! I am gone!

message 45: by Athena (new)

Athena Hello. My name is Athena. Iz loves to read and write and when I'm hyper I uze a lot of zzzzzzz'z

message 46: by TinCanKreations (new)

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) | 37 comments Athena?

message 47: by Athena (new)

Athena Yes?

message 48: by TinCanKreations (new)

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) | 37 comments that is an awesome name

message 49: by Athena (new)

Athena Thanks. :D

message 50: by TinCanKreations (new)

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) | 37 comments I have yet to find some ones name that dissapoints me

« previous 1 3 4 5 6