Mockingjay discussion

Gale or Peeta

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca There's no discussion for this topic already? Huh.

I like Gale more. He seemed more....realistic to me than Peeta. And I guess I just liked his personality more. To be honest, I think that, if Gale, Katniss and Peeta lived in a society like the USA's - a democracy, where people elect their presidents - and the country wasn't being abused and basically tortured by the Capitol, Katniss and Gale would have been together.

Thoughts?

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) we same in thots again!

erm, there is a discussion, something like team gale or team peeta. but no worries ;)

message 3: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
didnt katniss say in cathching fire when gale gets wipped that she chose him? if she did that she should ahv ended up with him

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yes....

I still think that if the war/rebellion/mockingjay thing hadn't gotten in the way, K/G would be together. Katniss stil wouldn't know Peeta, except for the bread thing.

One of my favorite quotes: "Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable."

message 5: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ikr! such a shame how things ended. i still hate it!

message 6: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
ik!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by (Aero)driguez (new)

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) Rebecca wrote: "Yes....

I still think that if the war/rebellion/mockingjay thing hadn't gotten in the way, K/G would be together. Katniss stil wouldn't know Peeta, except for the bread thing.

One of my favo..."

where is that line

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I think wn gale gets flogged

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire *sniff* r u ALL gale lovers? PEETA POWER!

message 10: by Jerry (new)

Jerry peeta's kind of wimpy

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!

message 12: by Jerry (new)

Jerry no way! gale is all ultimate survivor-type, and peeta's life was pretty easy, and he uses words instead of action, unlike gale.

message 13: by Jerry (new)

Jerry but i prefer finnick

message 14: by Claire (new)

Claire Doesn't everyone?

message 15: by Jerry (new)

Jerry i thought u liked peeta

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire Yeah, but Finnick is 100000 times better then anyone else in the book.

message 17: by Jerry (new)

Jerry i know! this is really weird and depressing: my favorite characters ALWAYS die!

message 18: by (Aero)driguez (new)

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) i no

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire I'm like a bad luck charm for my characters

message 20: by Jerry (new)

Jerry so it's not just me? it's really ironic!

message 21: by Claire (new)

Claire ALL MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EITHER TURN EVIL OR DIE!!! IT'S A CURSE!

message 22: by (Aero)driguez (new)

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) turn out evil like who

message 23: by Claire (new)

Claire Not in this book, but in others.

message 24: by (Aero)driguez (new)

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) o

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I actually like Finnick better than G or P, too.

I like Peeta's ability to be romantic, and the way he is 100% tied to Katniss (aside from the hijacking incident).

I like that Gale is strong and determined, yet still kind when it counts.

I just think Gale is more...well, if I met Katniss in person, I would think she'd end up with someone more like Gale, just because she is also so strong and ... nice....

It's hard to explain ;)

message 26: by Jerry (new)

Jerry finnick can do almost anything, and he actually has a sense of humor

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yeah, which you have to commend him for, given all the crap he's gone through. *shudder*

message 28: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
hahaha

Sk8r Pieninja *Reborn* (sk8rpieninja) Gale is amazing, it's a fact, accept it!!!

message 30: by Jerry (new)

Jerry gale abandoned katniss in her time of need. finnick was ALWAYS loyal

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments i personally like Peeta better cause i will always have something in my mind saying it was his bomb that killed prim. and peeta is just so lovable to me he might not be the stongest but he was always there for her and thats something i like in a guy.
I can see why katniss chose peeta cause gale and her are too alike two very stong opinonated pple probly wouldnt last long together.

Sk8r Pieninja *Reborn* (sk8rpieninja) Donatello wrote: "gale abandoned katniss in her time of need. finnick was ALWAYS loyal"

No he didn't, she wasn't herself anymore, she was some deranged lunatic, and it's not his fault he left!! It is Suzanne Collins fault, she made him leave so peeta can have katniss all to himself. (not that I blame her 4 anything)

message 33: by Jerry (new)

Jerry we're not talking about the author. we're talking about the characters. and finnick is the better charcater

message 34: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I think Gale left because he knew Katniss would never be with him after the bomb thing (frankly, I couldn't, either). They both mutually knew that. I do, however, resent the mean thoughts she had about him at the end. My point is, though, that I don't think Gale was being a jerk, or being cruel. He just knew. And Katniss needed Peeta in the end because he brough her peace, and that was all she was seeking at that point (which I can't blame her for).

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments Donatello wrote: "gale abandoned katniss in her time of need. finnick was ALWAYS loyal"

I think it was for the best he left. but finnick will always be loyal because he knows what shes really going through

message 36: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yeah. Remember that one passage?

"Finnick!" Something between a shriek and a cry of joyy. A lovely if somewhat bedraggled young woman - dark tangled hair, sea green eyes - runs towards us in nothing but a sheet. "Finnick!" And suddenly, it's as if there's no one else in the world but those two, crashing through space to reach each other. They collide, enfold, lose their balance, and slam against a wall, where they stay. Clinging into one being. Indivisable. A pang of jealousy hits me. Not for either Finnick or Annie, but for their certainty. No one seeing them could doubt their love."

Finnick understands real love. And the Capitol was keeping Annie as well as Peeta, so he could emphasize with Katniss. I think that's why the two of them ended up talking so much (which is why I was irritated she didn't mourn him a bit more).

message 37: by Jerry (new)

Jerry yeah, but i liked the little flashback she had when he died. i didn't believe he was dead at first!

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Neither did I. I re-read his death scene, like 7 times to be sure I read it correctly. And then I kept thinking, "Okay, he's going to leap out of that sewer filled with mutations and be just fine." And when he didn't....*cry*

message 39: by Jerry (new)

Jerry finnick should have been able to kill them. he could do practically anything!