Christopher Moore discussion

new book

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller | 6 comments I noticed on his facebook page that he is working on a new book. Anyone have any info on this?

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 5 comments Check out this article. I know it's from back when he was promoting Fool, but it may give you some hints ;)

http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/s...

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller | 6 comments Thanks Brittany!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 2 comments I read possibly on his site or twitter that he finished a book in Jan. or Feb this year.

message 5: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I don't recall the details but he said something about it being about French impressionist painters.

message 6: by Stewie's Mom (new)

Stewie's Mom (stewiesmom) | 4 comments I can't wait for the next novel! I find that I re-read the books from time to time, just because I miss the characters. It's almost like a yearly thing for me. Anyone else do that?

message 7: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I have audiobook versions of some of his novels and I'm making it a tradition to play "The Stupidest Angel" around Christmas time.

message 8: by Dirk (new)

Dirk (dirkb) | 1 comments Hey I just found out that Moore's new book is called Sacre Bleu and its set in late 19th century France.

message 9: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments Yup. He says it's going to be released April 3rd of next year. In the mean time, he just released a graphic novel titled "The Griff" if you're looking for something to tie you over until then.
In other related Christopher Moore news, is the world ready for "The Stupidest Angel: The Movie"? Supposedly, it's in pre-production with a release date intended for October 2012. The only actor attached to it is William Fichtner at the moment so I'll believe it when I see the trailer.

message 10: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 5 comments Bump for info on his next project (after Bleu). Anyone heard anything?

message 11: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda | 4 comments I would love to see Lamb, A Dirty Job, the Stupidest Angel, Lust Lizard and Bloodsucking Fiends made into movies! I hope Mr. Moore reads his discussion boards.

message 12: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments It looks like for whatever reason the film version of "The Stupidest Angel" has vanished into pre-production hell.
Supposedly, a film adaption of "A Dirty Job" is 'in development' but I doubt that's going to get any traction either.
I don't think he reads the boards here but he's a fairly active participant on Facebook and Twitter.

message 13: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I think he's working on some kind of follow-up to "Fool" but I could be mistaken. It's just something I recall hearing so I could be wrong.

message 14: by Erik (new)

Erik (erubinson) | 7 comments He said he liked the Shakespeare rewrite thing, and I think his last mention said something along those lines.

message 15: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda | 4 comments I tweeted him and asked when can we expect a follow up to A Dirty Job and he said he's working on it now, so expect it in 2yrs. He also said the movies aren't up to him :(

message 16: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments From an interview:
I’m reprising my Fool from Fool, but taking him to Venice and putting him in the middle of two other Shakespeare plays. There’s a lot of crafting to the language, but I like writing the character. He’s such a rascal.

message 17: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments Here's a recent update from Mr. Moore:
The next book will be The Serpent of Venice, my sequel to Fool. It will be out in April, 2014. It's been finished since January. I don't pick the release dates. I'm currently working on the sequel to A Dirty Job.

message 18: by Jan (new)

Jan (janlovesbooks) | 2 comments That sounds great!!! I love the title. Very clever.

message 19: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 5 comments Thanks, Eric. Sounds great.
I think one year should be enough time to read The Merchant of Venice before the book comes out.

message 20: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments From Christopher Moore:
Just recorded the Afterword of The Serpent of Venice for the audio book. 793 takes. Yes, there's a reason I DO NOT READ at my readings.

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam Funderburk (1sam1) | 4 comments I could not be more excited! I am currently reading Fool and unless it just tanks in the end I love it. Pocket deserves a sequel. I can't wait for more of his cuckoldry.

message 22: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments Eric wrote: "I don't recall the details but he said something about it being about French impressionist painters."

that's Sacre Bleu and it is wonderful, especially if you are in to art.

message 23: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments Ummm....that comment of mine was made over two years ago.

message 24: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments Hmmm...well, they're really on top of things (or is it me?) I have it as April 2013. Sorry to bother you.

message 25: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments Deale, no big deal. No pun intended.

message 26: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments Eric wrote: "Deale, no big deal. No pun intended."

Lol....I've never heard that. Family name (obviously misguided parents).

message 27: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I don't intentionally make fun of people's names. It's one of the few things about a person they don't have control over unless they want to disrespect their parents' wishes. My first name is actually spelled 'A-R-I-C' and once I tell people that 99% of the time the next five minutes of conversation follow a flow chart I created years ago.

message 28: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments I do know what you mean. Now I do not mind the name. When I was adopted, my parents names me after my gramma, whose last name was Deale. Get this...they names me this because they didn't want me called Peggy, her first name. What were they thinking? LOL....

message 29: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments Look under the photos section of this group for a pic of the cover of the next Christopher Moore novel if you're interested.

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam Funderburk (1sam1) | 4 comments AHHH I am so ready!

message 31: by Fritzter (new)

Fritzter | 6 comments Great Scott!
That's excellent news about the new book and it's seemingly foolish connection.
Well pepped!

message 32: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments His next book is listed in the 'giveaways' here on Goodreads.