Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

The Characters > Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
I loved Ronnie. This was such an amazing story. Ronnie may have been a little too stubborn at the beginning but she had her reasons. I mean, for starters she's a teenager, then her parents are divorces and his father has almost not communication with her at all. Then from nowhere, her mother tells her she will have to spend a whole summer in the middle of nowhere with that same father and very far away from everything she knows and feel safe. I would be angry too.

I loved how she got over things and how we got to see her doing it. We were able to appreciate how she grows and becomes a stranger and better person. That was one of the things liked the most.

And when she stayed to help her father in his last days, Oh men, I cried like a baby.

This is my fav book from Sparks so far and Ronnie had almost everything to do with that.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I haven't read the book yet but i loved the film. i think she was such an amazing character and showed that teenagers who act like that as a result of their parents divorce can get through it. i thought she just showed how amazingly well a teenager can handle sensitive circumstances and problems like her father's cancer. i totally cried my eyes out when she stayed with her father and agreed to help finish his song before he died.
i cried like a baby at the movie and i know i will most probably be worse at the book i always am. so i'm having a break before reading another NS book but it is definitely on my to-read list.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 22 comments I loved this book! I think Ronnie was a great character and I loved how she grew throughout the book. I think NS did a wonderful job portraying her. I think even with the teenage angst she was a very lovable character.

message 4: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 51 comments I loved it!!! Ive also read
The Notebook
At first sight
and
Dear john..
some of his best work.. Hes an amazing author!!

message 5: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (ahyiena12) I bought the book a few months ago, and i haven't have the chance to read it. Every time i start reading the book i always picture Miley Cyrus[cause she played Ronnie in the movies right?], i just don't like her. I should give this book a try since every one has a positive review!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I thought Miley Cyrus was actually amazing in this movie. it os one of my favourite movies and i cannot imagine anyone else playing the character. she was pretty incredible.

message 7: by valee, Your moderator (last edited Sep 19, 2010 10:47AM) (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
People remember we are discussing Ronnie as a book character in here. Her as a person. Not anything related to the movie. There are other threads for that. Thank you.

message 8: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
Exactly.

message 9: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 51 comments I almost bawled my eyes out reading it. marcus is a creep =]

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments mc was ok she isnt the best actress but i did picture here and i did cry during the movie

message 11: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 51 comments I think will is yummy!! :]

message 12: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 51 comments Amy wrote: "I agree, I was actually mad at both him and Scott, for letting Ronnie's dad take the blame for the burning down of the church, when it wasn't his fault.."

I know.. When I first started reading it, I was a little bit confused because I didnt know who NS was talking about.. I think Will should have turned Scott into the cops because it wasn't right for him to keep that secret in for so long, that it was eating him up inside, and scott was just soo focused on his volley ball game that he didn't really care about will or his feelings for ronnie. And I think Ashely is a stuck-up whiny little sucker.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I loves the book version of Ronnie. I don't know how I feel about Miley Cyrus as the character