Delirity discussion

Author H > Harper Connelly - C. Harris

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 16, 2010 08:27PM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
It took me a book to get use to it, but they were enjoyable. They weren't as cheesy as Stackhouse. Although, the cheesy makes it fun.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I really liked this series too and was sad to see it end

message 4: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments I thought ti was miles better than Sookie. I loved Harper and thought it was an interesting concept.
I had no problem with her falling for her step-brother, but most people find it disgusting.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I did like this series, but I was one of those people who was ooked out with the whole step-brother thing. I know I shouldn't have been, but I was. I also was very surprised by the last book when they found out about the sister, I didn't see that coming.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I only got ooked out about the "step-sibling" thing when they still called/introduced each other as brother and sister after they started a relationship....

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments But it seemed like even after they got involved they still referred to each other that way. So even though they weren't blood related, in their heads it seemed like that was the way they thought of each other.

message 8: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Yeah, that was weird, but they aren't related....

Maybe I'm weird because it doesn't weird me out?

The ending was like "ah, what?!"

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Darcy wrote: "But it seemed like even after they got involved they still referred to each other that way. So even though they weren't blood related, in their heads it seemed like that was the way they thought o..."

They did not seem to do it much in book 3 after they started...it was the last book that they kept going back to brother/sister.....

it was not them being together that weirded/ooked me out it was just the referring to each other as brother/sister once the relationship started

message 10: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Yeah, I get it. It was probably out of habit, but still, I wouldn't go around saying I was with my "brother". Ugh

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments You guys nailed the sentiment that bothered me.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments You guys have me interested in this series now. I like the whole step/adopted sibling romance thing for some reason because it's different.

I couldn't get into Sookie, but maybe I'll like this series better.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Stacia the series is really good and very unlike the sookie books

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments It is a good series, and it has the added benefit of being complete so you can know everything.

message 15: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I really enjoyed this series too. A lot darker than Sookie or Aurora series. I wasn't bothered by the Step-brother/sister thing because they didn't even become that until their late teens, or at least his late teens. With all the remarrying going around, I'm sure stuff like this happens more often than I know.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Ya, they did wait until they were older. I think the nature of their relationship kept me from being as creeped out as I normally would have been. They had to bond together against incompetent parents and that kind of changes the family dynamic a bit. It becomes an "us against the world" mentality.

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I bought An Ice Cold Grave at the grocery store a few days ago. It's the third book in the series and my first Harper read. I like the story and the characters. I really don't see Harper and Tolliver as brother and sister, since I really don't have a history from book 1 and 2. I don't get a yucky, incest feel to their new relationship which is good. Well, I'm going back to reading. I get the feeling that Harper is in for a few more beatings!

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Meade | 10 comments So I haven't read the last book!! AHH!! But yea I had a feeling if they hadn't found anyone else to be with, than they were going to be with each other. I mean the jealously thing was waaaay to obvious! They took care of each other, spent all that time together. Just admit you're not bro/sis status. Although they do share siblings... so yea. I duno. Whatever. We've all seen Jerry Springer. At least its not worse than that. I do enjoy the series. I think she spends a lot of time on the Sookie Series therefore this and the Shakespeare series did not get all the attention is should have. Ah well, such is life.

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 35 comments *Possible Spoilers*

I enjoyed this series, but I think it is my least favorite out of all her other series. Still good though.

The stepsibling thing didn't bother me very much, but I was hoping she and Manfred would have something more before she hooked up with her "bro". It just seems like there was a lot of potential there that was never touched on.

I think the last book is my least favorite in the series. Mainly because I felt a lot was rushed so the series could be finished. I had always expected her to "happen upon" her sisters body like she did so many others. The fact that she wasn't the one to actually discover it just seemed off. I was totally thrown off by who was the guilty party though. That was an unexpected surprise. I like it when an author can still surprise you with something like that after several books in a series.