Amazon Kindle discussion

Have you.......

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephbelch) | 43 comments .....purchased a cook book off of Kindle and used it?
I did, I got 120+ Southern Country Recipes eBook. I make chicken and dumplings and the fresh apple cobbler. (The cobbler was awesome, cant say the same for my dumplings. After about 3 times of trying to make them, I have come to the conclusion that I just cant make them.)

message 2: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (idahojones) | 24 comments You might want to check out The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking. It's a great resource.
Somehow I got mine for free but it's now listed here at Amazon's Kindle Store for $9.99.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenscraps) I had the free cookbook downloaded but then my kindle broke and haven't had a chance to use it :'(

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments I have the Cook's Illustrated cookbook also, mainly for reading. I don't have a splash-proof cover for my Kindle at this point. I'm the kind of cook that gets stains on her cookbook, so I don't want to expose the Kindle to the kitchen environment.

message 5: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (idahojones) | 24 comments Just put your Kindle in a Ziploc bag. You can still push all the buttons, move the post, etc. I once accidentally dropped mine into a sink full of soppy water once but it was in a zipped Ziploc bag and so no problem.

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments I am looking into clear camping and kayaking dry-bags. I would also like to be able to read in the tub!

I have a drybag that kept my cellphone dry through multiple watery rides at DisneyWorld and UniversalOrlando, so that's the kind I want for my Kindle(s), especially the DXG!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephbelch) | 43 comments Douglas wrote: "You might want to check out The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking. It's a great resource.
Somehow I got mine for free but..."

HAHA, not sure if your making fun of me, but I will check it out. Thanks! Some how I got the one I have now for free too, even tho it is listed as $.99.
The zip lock bag is a great idea.

message 8: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 42 comments I have the Gourmet Today cookbook, and I LOVE it. it's easy to switch between recipes, navigation is well-planned, and the recipes are fanastic.

The only thing I don't like is that hte kindle tends to go to sleep at inconvenient times.

message 9: by IUHoosier (new)

IUHoosier | 93 comments I've got a couple of cookbooks on mine, both were freebies, but I haven't used them yet.

message 10: by Britt☮ (new)

Britt☮ (genki_bee) | 55 comments Douglas wrote: "You might want to check out The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking. It's a great resource.
Somehow I got mine for free but..."

I got that back when it was free too :D It has some good recipes but I was a little disappointed that "illustrated" meant sketches, not photos!

message 11: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (idahojones) | 24 comments Stephanie wrote: "HAHA, not sure if your making fun of me, ..."

Of course, I did not mean, in anyway, that you required a "Foolproof" cookbook! : )

For all I know you are a talented chef.

Despite its title it's a wonderful resource.

Good Luck.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephbelch) | 43 comments Douglas wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "HAHA, not sure if your making fun of me, ..."

Of course, I did not mean, in anyway, that you required a "Foolproof" cookbook! : )

For all I know you are a talented chef.

Desp..."

Talented, nope. Edible, maybe.