V.C. Andrews discussion

Series > "Daughters of Darkness"

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I don't know if anyone else out there knows of this, but there is a new V.C. Andrews book coming soon to a bookstore near you, and it does not follow the standard format in the least.

"When I was a little girl, Daddy told me never to fear the dark. 'We exist because of the darkness," he told me. 'All of you are daughters of darkness.'"

Beloved bestselling author V.C. Andrews' passion for vampires comes to spellbinding life in a long-awaited novel of dark desires as all-consuming--and forbidden--as in Flowers in the Attic. One night, with the sound of a young man's scream, high school senior Lorelei discovers that her stern but loving father, who adopted Lorelei and her sisters as infants, is no ordinary man. He has raised his beautiful girls for one purpose: to lure young men into their world of shadows. Like her sisters, Lorelei has been trained in the art of seduction and warned never to fall in love. But when she meets a handsome and charming classmate, she boldly defies her family and follows her heart--even if love is a poison ...

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Cannon (tasha326) | 10 comments This one kind of scares me..I mean nothing says sell out like making a vampire book. All of them are jus trying to compete with the twilight books!P.C Cast is good tho!
But for real A Vampire book from V.C Andrews i dont think so .. lol but i will buy it and read it just cause i have with all the others!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 9 comments I agree - this doesn't fit with any of the other books and is just an attempt to keep up with the trends. But that won't stop me from reading it. I have an addiction! lol

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Cannon (tasha326) | 10 comments lol same here!

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin H I know that I'm going to buy this book no matter what it's about but I'm not sure how I feel about this plot :) Natasha- P.C Cast is a good author but I also love Richelle Mead!!

message 6: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Cannon (tasha326) | 10 comments Yes the Vampire Academy books i have yet to read them but do plan to get them .. i have heard good reviews! Thank you!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 9 comments has anyone started the book yet? I am almost through it- wonder what your opinions are?

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin H I just picked up my copy!! Not sure when I'll be able to start it though :(

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments Just picked up daughters of darkness tonight along with family storms .. just like many others .. i dunno what i will be able to start them

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 6 comments This was the worst book by far IMO. I hated every minute of this book. For one thing how many times must you read the word Daddy? It got to the point were I was actually counting the times it is said/and or used, that I wasn't even paying attention to the story line anymore. I heard that there will be a sequal to the book but at this point I don't even know if I will even attempt it because of my ultimate dislike of this book.

message 11: by Angel (new)

Angel | 2 comments I keep reading these, and hoping for the good ol' V.C. Andrews I first fell in love with... They just aren't standing up....

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 6 comments I feel the same way I keep reading them but they are not standing up to the originals. The books that came out in the 80s where great...but lately they just are not really any good anymore. A few of the series have been decent..just not as great.

message 13: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 39 comments Donna wrote: "This was the worst book by far IMO. I hated every minute of this book. For one thing how many times must you read the word Daddy? It got to the point were I was actually counting the times it is..."

Yes. It was the worst one ever. I was hopeful even though I was skeptical at the "vampire" idea. I tried my best but it just wasn't a great book. I keep thinking "WTH?!?" as I was reading it.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin H I just got Daughter of Light and I can't wait to read it!

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 2 comments I really liked it.

It was slow to start, and I mean REALLY slow to start. It was only passively interesting up until the last two or three chapters, then I loved it.

I'm getting Daughter of Light some time in the next few days. I hope it starts off at the same momentum that the previous one left off.

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin H I am looking forward to Daughter of Light, I'm hoping there will be the creepy elements like the first one had.

message 17: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments Hopefully, the second one is better than the first, because I heard that the first book in this series wasn't all that. I haven't read it yet, but if the second book is better, I can go into the series expecting more.

message 18: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I finally got a hold of both books, but yet, there they still sit on my bookcase. :/ Just not as into them as I wish I was. I miss the feeling of reading books like Heaven and Dawn ...

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin H I'm going to be reading the second one this month, I'm hoping it's good-I actually enjoyed the first one...

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin H So I read Daughter of Light and I actually liked it. I didn't really care for Lorelei's attitude at times, I thought her thinking was beyond that of an 18 year old. Despite how quick her relationship with Liam was, I really enjoyed the ending.

message 21: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments So this series is worth the read, then?

I've been trying to figure out which VCA series to read, out of the ones that I haven't. Sometimes I just need a crazy story, but I don't want to read one of the ones that are too bad. So if this one is good, maybe I'll choose this one.

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin H I really liked it because it was different than the other books written. I think I like the series because it is paranormally creepy with a touch of VC Andrews in there. I know not everyone liked this particular series but I enjoyed it more than some of the newer series written.

message 23: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments That makes sense, since this wouldn't be as formulaic. :). I think whenever I want to read VCA, I'll read Landry, and then maybe this.

message 24: by Erin (new)

Erin H The Landry series is my favorite! I always mean to reread it but I get sidetracked with new books...

message 25: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments Really? Well, looks like I'll have to definitely read it then. Maybe it'll replace the Casteel series as my favorite. :).

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin H Yea I love that series because of Ruby-I think she's a great character. The Casteel series is good as well but I only really like Troy :)

message 27: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments Troy was the best VCA hero, ever. Such a shame. Hated Logan.

I've read the first book in the Landry series, and I loved the difference in it from everything else I'd read up to that point by VCA. I'll definitely have to reread it, and then go on with the series.

In order to keep this thread on topic, I have to add that I think Kindred will be my "New Series" try, after I read Landry. Lol :)

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin H Brianna wrote: "Troy was the best VCA hero, ever. Such a shame. Hated Logan.

I've read the first book in the Landry series, and I loved the difference in it from everything else I'd read up to that point by VCA...."

Yea I didn't think it was that bad for one of the newer series, but I felt the author had to write something paranormal just to keep up with the trend

message 29: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments Yeah, I thought that too, as soon as I saw the first one was coming out. I wasn't very happy with the idea that they need to keep up with trends, just to sell.
I wonder when they'll stop making V. C. Andrews books altogether? I love the original ideas and craziness, but...

message 30: by Erin (new)

Erin H I know it amazes me that new books are being made only because I feel some of the plots have been used more than once but with a different twist on it.

message 31: by Geary (new)

Geary (gtb7697) | 2 comments Read the first one and won't read the second

message 32: by Arianna (new)

Arianna Vargas | 21 comments When I first heard Daughter of Darkness was coming out, I was immidiatley skeptical. "Huh. Vampires. I guess Neiderman had officially given up."

But I actually really liked it. The the dynamic between the daughters and the father (vampire. whatever.) what actually really good. Kind of lost me at the whole nursery/ retired vampire wives/daughters nest at the end but I liked it. Daughter of Light was good too.