Clean Romances discussion

Looking For... > Pirate Books

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NovelReaction (new)

NovelReaction | 31 comments Hey all, I am going to be doing a post on my website soon about pirates in novels, can anyone recommend or tell me about any books that contain pirates. This is what I have so far:
Stardust
Princess Bride (Dread Pirate Roberts, I just like to say, *giggle* throwback to my teens, sorry)
Treasure Island
Swiss Family Robinson
Robinson Crusoe
Count of Monte Cristo
Pirates by Celia Rees
Peter Pan
Howl's Moving Castle

Thanks!

message 2: by April (new)

April (aprild) | 6 comments Reyna's Reward by Wanda Dionne
To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker

I've read Reyna's Reward (at least I did about 15 years ago when i was a teenager, can't remember it much, but it does have pirates :-)

I haven't read the other, but it's on my 'to read' list

message 3: by Monya (new)

Monya (monyamary) | 61 comments My clean romance The Pirate And The Puritan.

An old clean good read by Rafael Sabatini called The Black Swan. He also wrote Captain Blood. All adventure, all clean.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 19 comments I just read two books about pirates by ML Tyndall--The Red Siren and The Blue Enchantress--but they are Christian-based, so I don't know if they would work for what you're looking for.

message 5: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 15 comments The Guise of a Gentleman by Donna Hatch is a wonderful book with a pirate hero.

message 6: by NovelReaction (new)

NovelReaction | 31 comments Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking for any and all books that have pirates so Christian-based works.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 19 comments In that case, I know ML Tyndall also has a series called "Legacy of the King's Pirates" but I haven't read any of them yet (The Redemption, The Reliance, and The Restitution).

message 8: by NovelReaction (new)

NovelReaction | 31 comments Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, this was incredibly helpful!

message 9: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 81 comments Marcia Lynn McClure is coming out with The Pirate Ruse the end of this month!

message 10: by NovelReaction (new)

NovelReaction | 31 comments Thanks everyone for the suggestions! You can check out my post here. http://novelreaction.com/2010/09/toda...

I really appreciate it!

message 11: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (airdnaxelA) | 4 comments Hi. there is a novel by M.L. Tyndall called The Redemption that is the first book in a series called Legacy of the King's Pirate. She is an authour of Christian fiction.
Hope that helps :)

message 12: by May (new)

May Abbey (MayNicoleAbbey) | 76 comments NovelReaction wrote: "Hey all, I am going to be doing a post on my website soon about pirates in novels, can anyone recommend or tell me about any books that contain pirates. This is what I have so far:
Stardust
Princes..."

My goodness! I love all these books that you have mentioned - especially Stardust, The Counte of MC, Princess Bride!! OHH super fun stuff!

I know this is a super old discussion but I was searching clean romance novels with pirates in them and stumbled upon this discussion. I had to include in the list THE DREAMER! (Even though it is totally cheesy I am adding my own book to the list :P)

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hartman (ruthjhartman) | 19 comments I don't know if it counts, but there's a really great clean romance by Vivien Roycroft, "A Different Sort of Perfect". It's really good!!

message 14: by May (new)

May Abbey (MayNicoleAbbey) | 76 comments I love that we revived a two year old thread. :) thanks for the suggestion.