What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crooked Tree
This topic is about Crooked Tree
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > suspense/horror; bear killings, indian woman (Janice?) [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tamara (tschroeder) | 9 comments I remember a suspense / horror book about people getting killed by bears while camping and a native american woman (possibly named Janice?) being posessed by a spirit and (I think) committing murders herself. There was something about her taking the tongues of victims...maybe putting them in a bag of some sort. It was a paperback around 1985 when I read it, so has to be older than that.

Tamara (tschroeder) | 9 comments Still no hits, but I keep hoping. :0) Thought I'd bump this back up and try again.

message 3: by D.M. (last edited Jan 24, 2012 03:09PM) (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments I think i've found it for you! Could it be Crooked Tree?

"As a lawyer, Axel cannot deny what this evidence means: his native american wife Janis is the one who Shawonabe controls to collect his tongues."

Tamara (tschroeder) | 9 comments I cannot believe it...I'm sure this is the book I've remembered for so long. Just ordered on Amazon and you are my new best friend. Thank you so much for your help. This isn't just a book to me now, but a link to the past and the woman who shared and encouraged my enjoyment of a well-written thriller.
Thank you again.

message 5: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments No problem, glad it could be tracked down.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crooked Tree (other topics)