1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10) 1022 Evergreen Place discussion

"Read with Me" 1022 Evergreen Place

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Harlequin Books Book Blurb:

Dear Reader:

Guess what? I’m falling in love! With Mack McAfee.

My baby daughter, Noelle, and I have been living next door to Mack since the spring. I’m still a little wary about our relationship, since I haven’t always made good decisions when it comes to men. My baby’s father, David Rhodes, is testament to that. I’m so worried he might sue for custody.

In the meantime, the World War II letters I found are a wonderful distraction. Both Mack and I are trying to learn what happened to the soldier who wrote them and the woman he loved.

Come by sometime for a glass of iced tea and I’ll show you the letters. Plus I’ll tell you the latest about Grace and Olivia, my brother Linc and his wife, Lori (who tied the knot about 5 minutes after they met!), and all our other mutual friends. Oh, and maybe Mack can join us…

- Mary Jo Wyse

I will be starting this tonight, I hope. I'm pretty tired and I still have errands to finish before tomorrow so I may just pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Harlequin Books Chapter 1-5

First, I have a confession to make. For the past two years I was working strictly with Harlequin Historical so I did not have time to read many other genres so this is my first Cedar Cove book. I'm looking forward to getting to know all the past characters but some of my impressions of the book will be different from someone who has read the other 9 books.

Ok, obviously Mary Jo and Mack must have met in a previous story. Ms. Macomber is giving glimpses into their past relationship during these five chapters that are enough to let me know that Mack has some work ahead of him if he is ever going to convince Mary Jo that he isn't a total idiot. I really love the old letters from WWII and am happy to see they will play a part in their story. Ms. Macomber also introduces several other characters from past books in these opening chapters. I'm curious on how they will all be connected to Mary Jo and Mack. They all sound very interesting and I'm going to have to find their stories. So, at this point for those who are fans of Cedar Cove, I would think you will be very happy seeing some old friends because they all ready have captured my interest (especially Linc and Lori) and I have just met them. Mack has me hoping he can work his way back into Mary Jo's good graces when at the same time I would like to smack him upside the head and tell him to stop with the lying, it is no way to treat a person, even if he thinks it is for a good reason. Basically, I'm loving my first trip to Cedar Cove and can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Kim S., Harlequin Books Ambassador

Mary Hi Kim, I would recommend reading from the beginning. There are so many characters that it really helps to get to know them a few at a time, LOL. I read the first eight in a few months and then had to wait a year each for the next two. It's like visiting the old neighborhood :) Enjoy getting to know the good people of Cedar Cove!

Harlequin Books Hi Mary, I wish I could read the whole series first but this is one of the books Harlequin wants me to feature this month. I have started to find some of the earlier ones in my tbr pile (more like mountain) so I will indulge in the other stories soon but for now, I'm willing to explore Cedar Cove with Mary Jo and Mack. LOL I'm already sucked into their story.

Harlequin Books Chapter 5-9

Well the plot thickens between Mary Jo and Mack although slowly since I'm still meeting a few more characters. It will be interesting to see how all these different people will affect Mary Jo and/or Mack. Once she learns the trouble her brother Linc is having in his new marriage, I'm thinking she will need someone to talk to. It is probably clear to Cedar Cove fans why the others have been introduced and they are eager to see what happens next. For me, I love the not knowing, the guessing where they fit in. I'm a huge fan of puzzles and this story is a tricky one. But back to Mary Jo and Mack, how cool is it that they found the old diary? I'm hoping that discovering more about Joan will help them learn what is important, not to give up on something special. I think they could have one of those relationships that we all search for, one filled with true love. If the kiss they share is a good way to judge things, they are headed in the right direction.

What would you do if you found an old diary and a stack of letters hidden in your floorboards?

Harlequin Books Chapter 10-14

I was smiling and giggling over Corrie and her shopping trip, just too cute.

Poor Chad. Gloria needs to figure what she wants because she is really hurting him.

Mary Jo and Mack keep hitting road bumps. The scene with the ex made me angry. Men like that need to learn what it means to grow up and be an adult.

Anyone else think Roy made a huge mistake taking on the investigation job? I think that whole thread of the story is going to blow up in just about everyone’s faces.

Harlequin Books Chapter 15-19

I think Corrie is officially my favorite character. She makes me smile. Wasn't the dinner scene one of the most embarrassing moment for everyone there!

I'm still trying to figure the connection for some of the characters but am getting a good handle on most of them and hoping they get HEA by the end of this story.

Who is your favorite?

Jessyca I love this whole series... I started reading it about 7 years ago and now every august and sept I can't wait til the next book comes out. It's wholesome and just sucks you right in... And I LOVE the way everyone's lives intertwine and you get an update on people from the past by their involvement with the main characters... I can't wait to see what happens with Linc and his new father in law...

Harlequin Books Chapter 20-24

I enjoyed getting to know Tanni a bit better and happy she was able to put aside her dislike of her co-worker. I can see that in a couple of years Tanni might get her own Cedar Cove book.

I was happy that Linc insisted on going to the in-laws for dinner. I'm with you Jessyca. I'm really looking forward to them meeting.

Finally Mack and Mary Jo are moving forward instead of messing things up!

I might just finish this book tonight rather than forcing myself to stop after 4 chapters. I have a feeling a lot is about to start happening and I won't be able to stop to share my little thoughts about each chapter with you.

Do you limit yourself to only a few chapters or do you allow yourself to get totally caught up in the story and not care if you miss out on a few hours sleep?

Harlequin Books Chapter 25- The end

I loved how Ms. Macomber wrapped up this book even with it's cliff hangers. She answered just enough of my questions to leave me with a satisfied feeling when I closed the cover. Mack and Mary Jo had a beautiful ceremony and the surprise guest brought a smile to my face. I am left with some questions so I will be waiting for Cdar Cove #11 just like the rest of her fans. This has been a fun journey into a new small town for me. Thanks Debbie and all those who joined me during my trip.

p.s. Linc's story is next and it sounds like a hard battle for him! Go prove your worth Linc!

message 11: by Dara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dara I just happened to pick up 16 Lighthouse Lane, the first in the Cedar Cove series several years ago because I was scheduled for jury duty and needed to have something to do while waiting for hours at the courthouse. Well my jury duty got cancelled, but still I fell in love with Debbie Macomber's books and have read all of the Cedar Cove stories as they come out (though I am a little behind with this one). The worst part is after reading them, then you have to wait an entire year for the next one to come out! Grrrrr...lol

Harlequin Books But the long wait means you have time to re-read the other books in the series before the newest release hits the shelf. LOL But in reality, I too, have trouble waiting for the next in any series but even more when it is a well-loved one.

Melissa I really enjoy the Cedar Cove series also.. =)
Isnt the next one going to be the last one in this series? The title will start with # 11...

Harlequin Books 1105 Yakima Street and then 1225 Christmas Tree Lane both come out soon.

1105 Yakima Street 1225 Christmas Tree Lane

Melissa Harlequin Books wrote: "1105 Yakima Street and then 1225 Christmas Tree Lane both come out soon.

1105 Yakima Street 1225 Christmas Tree Lane"

Thanks! Im really looking forward to these! =)

Harlequin Books Me too!