Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Epic Fantasy > Spellsinger

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited Sep 18, 2010 03:39PM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 49 comments I just love these series of books. They follow the adventures of Jonathan Thomas Meriweather,(Jon-Tom for short) who was taken by mistake, as he tries to get home. I love the simplicity of the stories as you go from book to book. Sometimes less is more. I wish well all who takes up the quest to see him get home.

Spellsinger (Spellsinger, #1) by Alan Dean Foster - The Hour of the Gate (Spellsinger, #2) by Alan Dean Foster - The Day of the Dissonance (Spellsinger, #3) by Alan Dean Foster - The Moment of the Magician (Spellsinger, #4) by Alan Dean Foster - The Paths of the Perambulator (Spellsinger, #5) by Alan Dean Foster - The Time of the Transference (Spellsinger, #6) by Alan Dean Foster - Son of Spellsinger (Spellsinger, #7) by Alan Dean Foster - Chorus Skating (Spellsinger, #8) by Alan Dean Foster

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3204 comments This series sounds interesting. I might check it out.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 49 comments I so enjoyed them. Like i said less is more. And their not huge books either. For someone like you Jason, you could read one in a day.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Another series I read as a teen and for a bit afterward. Loved the first six, but the last two were terrible. At that point I started to feel like Foster was just writing the same book over and over. Still, six good books in a series is pretty extraordinary.

I was always disappointed that Roseroar only appeared in one book.

message 5: by Jea0126 (new)

Jea0126 | 203 comments Hmmm...oops..I was thinking of the wrong series. I saw Spellsinger but was thinking of Swordsinger.

message 6: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Jea0126 wrote: "Hmmm...oops..I was thinking of the wrong series. I saw Spellsinger but was thinking of Swordsinger."

lol, I did too.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Brown (matthewjbrown) | 218 comments I enjoyed these as a teen, though like most series they hit a point beyond which the quality wasn't quite up to it. Still, fun reads!