Web Serial Fiction discussion

Web Serials > promoting webfiction as a medium

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.M. (new)

A.M. (amharte) | 23 comments Hello all,

Don't know if you saw Eli James' post on Novel about the current state of online fiction ( http://www.novelr.com/2010/09/13/the-... )

The end result is this google group, which I would encourage you to join or check out if you are interested in collaborating with others to help push the medium beyond its boundaries - http://groups.google.com/group/fictio...

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) | 83 comments Mod
Awesome, Anna.
Thanks for sharing the links. I'll see you over there for sure.

Frances

message 3: by Duane (new)

Duane Poncy (duane_poncy) | 2 comments Goodreads should have a web fiction category for authors posting their web fiction books. I've posted our novel, Bartlett House, here, but I had to cobble together a category for it.

message 4: by Frances (new)

I'm still struggling to learn their system. My ebook, Roarke, is pubbed with a reputable house, but the cover image isnt in the database? Anyway, I got the book added, but have no idea how to get the cover up and posting.
Anyone know?
eventually, when Space Slugs is finished (very very soon) I'll want to pop it up on here as well.

Frances

message 5: by Duane (new)

Duane Poncy (duane_poncy) | 2 comments If you have a copy of the cover image, there should be a photo upload in the top right of the edit page.

message 6: by Joe (new)

Joe Vadalma (JoeVadalma) | 4 comments Frances wrote: "I'm still struggling to learn their system. My ebook, Roarke, is pubbed with a reputable house, but the cover image isnt in the database? Anyway, I got the book added, but have no idea how to get t..."

That's the publishers job. If it is reputable, it will send it with cover to the various E-book booksellers. If you don't see your cover, complain loudly to the publisher.

message 7: by Frances (new)

Its up now. No, they are an awesome house. For an indie pub, they've gotten my book into some awesome third party markets, obtained reviews and really bust their hineys to get us sales.
I doubt they do Goodreads as a top priority, becasue they're up to their elbows in sales sites. :-)
Anyway, thanks to Duane's advice I found the idjit button and got the cover up.
thanks to both of you for the response.
You're right, Joe, about book sellers, and its a good point to make. Thankfully, I'm really happy with the job my house has done in that arena.

luck to all

Frances

message 8: by A.M. (new)

A.M. (amharte) | 23 comments Don't know whether this is the best place to post about it but it's another initiative to promote webfiction as a medium, so....

In case you haven't heard about it MCM and I (with Ergofiction backing) have planned/produced an anthology of 12 short stories featuring webfiction writers to help spread the word about some of the work out there and introduce noobs to the field.

It launches October 14 (will be free to download from the main Ergo site) and it's also listed on Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/94...

If any of you are interested in being part of the blog tour etc, hit me up - would be much appreciated. :-) If this all goes well we're thinking of making it an annual initiative, selecting 12 new voices to showcase every year.

message 9: by Frances (new)

A.M.

I'd love to host a spot on the tour! I have a Speculative Fiction blog, but I cross genres on occasion. And I do author interviews fairly frequently.

Email me at: author@francespauli.com
if you'd like to add me as a stop along the way.

Frances

message 10: by A.M. (new)

A.M. (amharte) | 23 comments Emailed you!

message 11: by A.M. (new)

A.M. (amharte) | 23 comments Don't know if everyone on this group saw that there's been discussions to set up a Webfiction Writers Guild?

There's a 5-second survey up which closes Oct 27 to try help pinpoint the guild mandates/definitions and thus it would be great if you could take it!

Link --> http://is.gd/ga6kJ

Also feel free to pass along to any webfiction writers you know of, too!

message 12: by Dan (new)

Dan Bonser Amazing to see what I've missed coming so late to this party. Would have loved to been part of that Other Sides book, or tried to. So many interesting comments here. Hope more opportunities open up in the future to help promote this webfiction medium!