Promotional Assistance group discussion

What have you done this month to help promote?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (last edited Sep 15, 2010 01:19PM) (new)

S. Burke (soooz) | 22 comments Mod
Okay, hi again and apologies for the length of time between posts. The world is becoming busier by the second. That's a good thing...I hope.

So what have you found time to promote this month? Besides your own books that is.

I have completed and posted an interview with Tom Winton author of Beyond Nostalgia. This man writes with a pen dipped in his soul.

Take a look.

http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com

message 2: by P.D. (new)

P.D. (allenadale) | 17 comments This past month, I haven't had much time even for promoting myself.

Nice interview. What can I do to help promote it?

message 3: by S. (new)

Hi and thanks for responding...I'm so glad you liked the interview...many more coming up and the list is growing...if you would like to be interviewed on the site, send me a brief bio, and links to your book...
I'll work up questions to give whatever you as the author want people to know either about you or the book or both.
As far as promo is concerned, if you liked the interview and would like to promote it then just refer people to the site...http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com
or reccomend it on FB or twitter.

I have had the luxury or promoting other peoples work because my own isn't up yet...lol that changes in the next week...mine will be published. eeekkkkkkk.

message 4: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Dale (lindydale) Great interview Sooz. You're developing quite a skill. I read Toms post when he first put it up and loved it. I dont comment often there but I sent him one telling him so. That's a book I'll definitely be buying

message 5: by S. (new)

Thanks Lindy...love your stuff on SCRIBD added it to my collections.
soooz

message 6: by L. (new)

L. Carrington (lannecarrington) | 9 comments Mostly my work with Authors on Show - the weekly column and daily blog entries, then there is my Book of the Week entry for my own blog. Also, I just finished up "The Cruiserweight's" manuscript last week, and it's on Night Publishing's desk as we speak.

message 7: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments I keep posting on 2 forums on Amazon. I will be doing a virtual reading next Tuesday on the Spinning wheel Cafe on Amazon.

Arthur

message 8: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments Thanks for the welcome Catherine. Wish I had a better idea of what to do here.

Arthur

message 9: by S. (new)

Hello Arthur and welcome,you are doing nicely with your own book, and I look forward to our interview.
Basically I formed the group for us each to assist the other when and as we can, if you take a look at the books written by the other members you might like to do a review for one or more of them on Amazon or Smashwords or here on Goodreads. People generally are pleased to get a constructive review of their work, and you will find that some will reciprocate and review your work as well. One thing we do ask however is that you review honestly and do not offer glowing comments unless that is precisely how you felt when you read the book. Negativity is unwelcome,and unnecessary, constructive reviews are what we are hoping to see.
I hope you enjoy being a member of the group.
Soooz.

message 10: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments Soooz wrote: "Hello Arthur and welcome,you are doing nicely with your own book, and I look forward to our interview.
Basically I formed the group for us each to assist the other when and as we can, if you take ..."

Hi Soooz, will be looking for a book to review.
Regards,

Arthur

message 11: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments Arthur wrote: "Soooz wrote: "Hello Arthur and welcome,you are doing nicely with your own book, and I look forward to our interview.
Basically I formed the group for us each to assist the other when and as we can,..."

Sooz, can I purchase a book on smashwords that is carried on goodreads, but not in the smashwords format?

message 12: by Heikki (new)

Heikki (heikkihietala) | 9 comments I should do a bit more next week - we are going to arrive at the mid-term break at my University so I will have more time. I will do a review of at least Matt K. Dick's Pistols.

message 13: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments Hi Soooz, I just read The Black God's War by Moses Siregar and this is the review if I can find where to post it.

You will want to read more after finishing this wonderful, well-crafted novella. The Black God’s War by Moses Siregar, a brilliant new author, is a treasure chest for those of us looking for new and exciting epic fantasy fiction. This is a spiritual trip painted in gloriously descriptive terms of good and black gods, fascinating characters, and a panorama of mystical places. I found myself wanting to get to the next page before finishing the one I was on to see what was going to happen next to the warring factions of Pawelon and Rezzia and our heroes Caio and his sister Lucia. Fortunately for those of us who have instantly become fans, the complete story will be published in May of 2010, but don’t wait, there is much enjoyment and many revelations of renewal and rebirth to be had right now by reading the novella.

message 14: by Tania (new)

Tania (tanialt) | 1 comments Hi there. I have a book here called This Last Summer but this week I have written a press release for Impeding Justice by Mel Comley (on Good Reads, Kindle & Smashwords)You can read it on my website here: http://www.tirraoro.com/examples.html Click on the relevant link - it's in PDF. I've also helped Mel a bit with her blog - Melcomley.blogspot.com. Her book is a great British Crime Thriller featuring BritCop DI Lorne Simpkins. The book grabs you from the first page and is a real page turner. I hope you have time to check it out on Good Reads!

message 15: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Levine (wolert123p) | 46 comments Hi, good release. I know Mel and her fine book.

Regards,

Arthur

message 16: by S. (last edited Oct 30, 2010 04:43PM) (new)

Impeding Justice is a marvelous read, earning a much deserved Gold star on the HarperCollins site Authonomy.com. The editors desk is a long hard road. Mel's work is of the standard that makes that climb, and does it in style.

Mel deserves the accolades.

Soooz

message 17: by Heikki (new)

Heikki (heikkihietala) | 9 comments I've been helping a friend of mine, Timo Lampikoski, whose pen name is Tim Pond (close enough translation there :P)

We've pushed each other's work for some time now, but now that his book is out on Lulu, I've been pushing it all over the place.

If you want to have a look, check http://www.threeinsights.net/

Cheers,

-h.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been tied up with NaNo this month, but next month I'm featuring John Booth on my blog.

message 19: by Eric (new)

Eric | 1 comments I'd love to help promote and in return, be promoted! Can someone clue me in on how to start?