College Students! discussion

Let's Discuss This Book/Author > "Room" by Emma Donoghue

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natanya (last edited Sep 15, 2010 09:52AM) (new)

Natanya (vraisemble) | 255 comments Has anyone heard of this book that just came out called Room, by Emma Donoghue? I just read this article about it: http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articl...

It sounds so disturbing and interesting!

message 2: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
That does sound interesting.

message 3: by Natanya (new)

Natanya (vraisemble) | 255 comments Looks like it's getting good reviews so far too! http://ht.ly/2FpwU

message 4: by Kelsey (last edited Sep 16, 2010 12:14PM) (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I actually just finished reading that one! I originally picked it up because I loved her other novel, Slammerkin. I thought Room it was really good! I think it's difficult to write from the perspective of a five year old child, but Emma Donoghue did a fabulous job. I finished it in a day, because I couldn't put it down.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I'm actually reading it to review for the college students blog! I haven't had a chance to start it yet.

message 6: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I'm DYING to read this!

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) I really enjoyed it... definitely not a book you'll be able to put down!

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 604 comments I looked this up in my library's online catalog and there's a 130 day waitlist!

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rmtb) | 62 comments When I read this I thought it was rather over-hyped, sadly.... I little too like a misery memoir for my taste :(

message 10: by Natanya (new)

Natanya (vraisemble) | 255 comments That was how it ended up being for me too...I really wanted to like it, and I enjoyed the first half, but it went downhill from there.

message 11: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Finally read this. I have never had a book I loved AND hated. The story moved along well, and the characters stood out, but ugh, the story line. Saw that it was made into a movie, definitely not on I will be watching.