My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

67 views
Issues > Abortion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 618 (618 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
I am seeming to find that as my knowledge of science and the psychology of human beings grows, I am becoming more and more accepting of abortion. That being said, what do you think the problems would be after having that abortion???? Would you personally be friends with someone who has had one? Would you even involve yourself with them? Would you be able to accept them?


message 2: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do Girl4beluga wrote: "I am seeming to find that as my knowledge of science and the psychology of human beings grows, I am becoming more and more accepting of abortion. That being said, what do you think the problems wou..."

as you know Girl4beluga, I don't support abortion, and that being said, I would not get into abortion if it happens with me and my 'future wife'. Yes I would be able to accept the persons decision, and accept what they have chosen. I can't hold it against them


message 3: by Laura (last edited Sep 15, 2010 10:27AM) (new)

Laura | 50 comments I would involve myself with the person - I wouldn't treat them as an outcast or anything - but I would not lie about my not agreeing with their decision.


message 4: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
But it's not your decision to make....if anything we just need to accept what they decide to do and move on.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Well I for one believe abortion is wrong because the baby is still a life no matter what you call it. Let the mom have the baby there may be a miscarriage but that happens all the time. And only in dire needs would I ever have one...if the baby were to die I might even though I would pray first and let God carry out his plan.


message 6: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

Its a life a human baby so why kill it when it has a chance of living?


message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 50 comments Did you know you can go to jail for shooting a dog? And yet, if you kill a baby it's perfectly all right.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

I have a question, girl4b: would you say cell in your body is alive?


message 10: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Raven wrote: "Did you know you can go to jail for shooting a dog? And yet, if you kill a baby it's perfectly all right."

Actually it is not...it is completely illegal.


message 11: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

Its a life a human baby so why kill it ..."


It's not a human being yet...is it???


message 12: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

I have a question, girl4b: would you say ..."


yes.....do I consider them human cells???...yes....Do i consider them a human being....no


message 13: by Laura (last edited Sep 15, 2010 01:16PM) (new)

Laura | 50 comments If it's completely illegal why do so many abortions happen? You can call it a fetus until you're blue in the face, but a baby that is in the womb that is nine months and two days old is no different from a baby outside the womb that is nine months and two days old. They are both babies. They are both alive and breathing and thinking and feeling.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

Its a life a hu..."


So just because it hasn't come out it still isn't a baby. Everyone says when they are pregnant yes I can feel my baby or I think the baby is kicking. A human is still a human even before it comes out. Oh here is another question. How would you like it if you knew your mother was going to kill you before you were even in her arms. Do you know how sad that would be? I would hate it.


message 15: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Raven wrote: "If it's completely illegal why do so many abortions happen? You can call it a fetus until you're blue in the face, but a baby that is in the womb that is nine months and two days old is no differen..."

Yes and late-abortions are completely gross and in my opinion completely morally wrong.


message 16: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awarenes..."

Well actually my grandfather saved my mom from the abortion office...and I wouldn't care because I WOULD NEVER KNOW...how could i know if I was never conscious?


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consc..."

well when you got to Heaven you would know and that would be sad still. But if you could go to earth and realize it it would be horrible!!!!!!! So you would know and it would be just as sad.


message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarried and was raped-- sorry. God will give you good opportunities for this. Everything's for a reason. If she's married--WHY WOULD SHE NOT WANT A CHILD? You hae to open to a family! It's a reason to marry.

And anyway-- why do people have sex if sex was made to have children, not to create pleasure?


message 19: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
If i was in heaven why would I care??? Would I not be glad not to of gone through all the hell on Earth???


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

I have a question, girl4b..."


The point is if it's alive . . . then it can be killed. One cell in your body has life in it - how much more does an egg from a woman's ovaries have life in it? As soon as the sperm penetrates the egg, it is not longer just an egg that -could- be a baby; it is already turning into one.
It's like saying you can kill the "extra" kids of the world because they're still maturing and not adults yet (so not really human) right?
Plus it's been scientifically proven that babies in the womb are aware of what is going on outside the womb. They react to their father and mother's voices.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "If i was in heaven why would I care??? Would I not be glad not to of gone through all the hell on Earth???"

Actually being on earth is a nice expierience at times. God made man for fellowship and if your going to ask why didn't he make them live in Heaven then I don't know the answer its just what God wants. And he knew they were going to sin. Why didn't He stop them? You ask. He didn't so He could show how great He really is. We still wouldn't fully understand if we were in Heaven.


message 22: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarried and was raped-- ..."

Boy wow I have never met someone with that little sympathy for rape victims.....why do you feel the need to control other people's lives with your ideas of morality?

And why do people have sex? In short because it feels good and actually presents benefits in healthy adults like high self esteem. In long...because it is an evolutionary trait....people yearn for sex....ergo more chances of reproductions....HURRAY the species might survive.


message 23: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-awareness."

I hav..."


I honestly didn't follow that...could you explain it again please?


message 24: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "If i was in heaven why would I care??? Would I not be glad not to of gone through all the hell on Earth???"

Actually being on earth is a nice expierience at times. God made m..."


Really? I always took comfort in the fact that if heaven existed it would be.......more of a state of peace rather then walking on a cloud with my mom for the rest of eternity.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarrie..."

Well she means with the sex issue that they can stop the woman from having a baby but they choose not to. And here if the woman has already have twenty or so years of life then why deprive that child from that many years the woman has all ready have? Its almost unfair to the baby...Plus if God wants the baby to live then He'll let it live if not He'll let it die and be with Him. That woman shouldn't take matters into her own hands if it coud go any way God chooses.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consciousness and self-aw..."

If you say something's alive, then it can be killed, correct?


message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 50 comments Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarried and was raped-- ..."

Well, actually it wasn't just made to have children. Sex was a pleasing thing before God that was to happen in marriage between the husband and wife. Yes, to have children, but it is also for the husband and wife's pleasure. But I do agree with everything else you said ;)

And God's Swordmaiden, unfortunately we cannot say that every baby that dies at birth goes to Heaven. We just can't know. If God chose them before time to be part of the elect then they will go to Heaven, but if not then they will go to Hell - because from the moment of conception babies have a sinful nature because of the Fall of man into sin.


message 28: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But there is something called free will.


message 29: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "yes alive like a plant a cow or a dog. It lacks all things that i would classify it as human like a consc..."

yes


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarrie..."

What you said about me with the babies...there is a certain age where if the baby or toddler dies before it can wholly see what it means to be a Christian then they won't have a choice so if they die God will take them into Heaven to be with Him or so many babies and toddlers would be in hell


message 31: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If she's unmarrie..."

What does a certificate have anything to do with intercourse?

WOW unborn babies in hell....good thing I don't subscribe to the christian concept of hell.


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But there is something called free will."

the bible - the word of god - was given to us so we COULD know. otherwise, saying going and shooting someone in the head - murdurering - is wrong could just be a concept, not something all as christians know is wrong because the bible says so.


message 33: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with it--it's her mistake. If ..."

I don't believe that you have to be a christian to get into heaven.


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with..."

what do you believe then?


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But there is something called free will."

I didn't say anything about knowing what God wants I said that if God wants the baby to live or not then thats His decision. So I don't know if he will or not.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship willingly, deal with..."

Exactly so your saying you just either have to be good or that everyone will go to Heaven so if everyone goes to heaven then are hitler and Stalin in Heaven?


message 37: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But there is something called fre..."

Hmmmm if you want we can discuss literalism in the BIBLE topic.


message 38: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship ..."

That a truly loving and forgiving God would not send his children to hell (if it exists) that would seem to be the better view on the abrahamic God.


message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But there is something called fre..."

Right. It's his decision. murduring is wrong - including babies (from fetus to toddler) - and if it's his decision to let a baby live or die, then we as humans shouldn't pick. it's like throwing it in god's face by saying, "nope, don't want the baby i concieved. the one you gave me. you don't know what's best for me."


message 40: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship ..."

well I believe that after we die we learn the TRUTH (whatever that may be) and if we choose to accept that then we get into heaven but if we don't then we go to hell until we are ready to accept that.


message 41: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Well how do you know what God wants that at all???? Maybe it was meant as a life experience for the mother? Whatever God wants how can we know? But the..."

he didn't him it...........basic anatomy.


message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarried and had a relationship ..."

it's nothing about being "good." all of us are SINNERS. unless you repent and ask god into your heart. it has nothing to do with how "good" you think - or other imperfect humans - think you are. that's why we have god to decide - he's perfect and unbiased.


message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2010 01:49PM) (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a child!? If she's unmarri..."

ok, so all of us go to heaven and decide if we believe the truth or not? or, let's see, go to HELL? then everyone would believe. the point of FAITH (and earth) is that we know we'll go to heaven because we are forgiven in christ.


message 44: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
sure okay......so you can only ask God into your heart on Earth??? Why does it stop?


message 45: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Sharpie wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Raven wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I think abortion is a horrible crime. Why would a mother sacrifice a chil..."

Faith is the same as trust. And why do we have to accept we are forgiven??? I don't ask anyone to say thanks for forgiving me.


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "sure okay......so you can only ask God into your heart on Earth??? Why does it stop?"

Because you die and your life has been taken away from you....God has already given you a chance why should he give another one?


message 47: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
Because he loves us and forgives us....and isn't life given too you?


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Because he loves us and forgives us....and isn't life given too you?"

yes it has been.... if God is the one and only God then he has the right to strip us of our life to live with Him.


message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Girl4beluga wrote: "Because he loves us and forgives us....and isn't life given too you?"

so what you're saying is that eventually you'll be perfect because you keep trying? we're HUMAN. we're not HUMANS trying to BECOME God.


message 50: by Girl4beluga, Beet Juice!!! (new)

Girl4beluga | 2285 comments Mod
God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Because he loves us and forgives us....and isn't life given too you?"

yes it has been.... if God is the one and only God then he has the right to strip us of our life to live..."


i considered we gain life..as we walk into heaven


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
back to top