Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1878 comments Mod
Hi all,

Since we'll probably have a mix here of BB members and Goodreads members let's do a quick meet and greet.

My name is Manda Collins and I'm an academic librarian in Alabama. I write Regency and Victorian historicals though have not sold yet.

Some of my favorite authors are Eloisa James & Julia Quinn (natch!) and also Loretta Chase, Julie Anne Long, Toni Blake, Cynthia Eden, Lisa Kleypas, Karen Rose...this could take all day! Anyway, I've been reading romance since I discovered Sunfire romances in the seventh grade.

My three favorite EJ novels are: Fool for Love, Much Ado About You, and This Duchess of Mine. My three fave JQ's are: Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever and Mr. Cavendish I Presume.

Thanks for joining!

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica | 548 comments Mod
Hi all! My name is Monica, and I found this group though the EJ/JQ BB. I've been reading romance for years, and years, and years. (I could add quite a few more years on there!)

I work in the medical billing field, so after looking at codes all day, I just want to come home and get taken away on a romantic adventure!

Some of my favorite authors are Eloisa James, Julia Quinn, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Maya Banks, Julie Anne Long, Lisa Kleypas, Jennifer Crusie, Lisa Gardner... Once again, I could go on and on!

Happy reading everyone!

message 3: by Shawna (last edited Sep 14, 2010 06:15PM) (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 2 comments Hi! My name is Shawna, and I've been an avid romance reader since my obsession with the Twilight Saga and discovering Romancelandia.

I pretty much read and love any/all romance genres, especially contemporary, romantic suspense, and PNR, but I more recently discovered (and have become addicted to) historical romance.

Some of my favorite authors are Lisa Kleypas, J.R. Ward, Larissa Ione, Jeaniene Frost, Robyn Carr, Gaelen Foley, Lorraine Heath, Julia Quinn, Sarah MacLean, Suzanne Brockmann, Cynthia Eden, Karen Rose, Cindy Gerard, Pamela Clare, Anne Stuart, Erin McCarthy, Lauren Dane, Maya Banks, Charlotte Featherstone, Kathryn Smith, Victoria Dahl...and on and and on and on.

I'm reading JQ's Bridgertons series now and I'm loving 'em!

I read a few of EJ's Duchesses and they were good, but I'm really looking forward to reading A Kiss at Midnight.

Thanks for the invite!

message 4: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Hi, most of you know me as Janga. For 22 years, I taught composition and literature at an Alabama university, although I live in Georgia. Now I write full time, freelancing for a book packager that produces reference works for the academic market and writing contemporary romance. The romances are not yet published.

My favorite-author list is too long to reproduce, but clearly Eloisa James and Julia Quinn are near the top.

My three favorite EJ novels are: Pleasure for Pleasure, A Duke of Her Own, and Much Ado About You. My three favorite JQ novels are: The Duke and I, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, and Mr. Cavendish, I Presume.

I'm glad to be a part of this group.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyw35) | 128 comments Hi everyone! My name is Cindy, you might know me as cindyw from the Eloisa James/Julia Quinn BB. I'm so grateful to Manda for letting us all still gather here.

I'm a work-at-home mom of two girls, 10 and 14. The three of us share a passion for reading, and spend a lot of time lying on the couch or on a bed together just reading.

My favorite authors are Jennifer Crusie, Sherry Thomas, Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Kristan Higgins, oh my goodness, I could go on-and-on.

I'm so glad to be able to discuss romance with everyone here.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 984 comments Hello,

My name is Susan and I live in the-back-of-beyond, Arizona, where I no longer work because of a disability. I like to read, knit, and crochet. I've been following the EJ/JQ bulletin board for a few years now. Two years ago, my husband built me a special Reading Room, all mine, at the back of the house, where I read, surf the Internet on my laptop, nap, and dream. My favorite JQ book is hard to choose, but I most loved The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever; my fave EJ book is all of them, I can't choose just one (poor me)... Because of the board, I discovered Erica Ridley this year, she's brilliant! When I told my hubby just now that I had joined this forum, all he said was Great! I look forward to female-centric discussions with everyone.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Wow! Lots of familiar faces (well, names I guess;) here. Welcome aboard!

message 8: by Theresa (last edited Sep 15, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Manda, thanks so much for setting up this group!

Hi everyone -- my name is Theresa. I'm mom to a toddler and am also a freelance health editor and historical romance writer (debut coming out next year -- woo!). Sometimes it feels awesome to have so many hats. Sometimes I feel like there's too little of me to go around. Probably something a lot of you are familiar with! On the plus side, I am great with a microwave.

I have a TON of favorite romance authors, and of course Eloisa James and Julia Quinn are tops on the list! My three favorite EJ novels are Fool for Love, Much Ado About You, and This Duchess of Mine (Manda, I swear I'm not copying you). My three favorite JQs are The Duke and I, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, and Ten Things I Love About You.

I'm new to Goodreads but looking forward to getting into it! This seems like a great way to keep up with the BB community and find out about lots of wonderful books.

(edited because when I first posted this, it looked like I was saying I was my own mom. Uh, no. *drinks more coffee*)

message 9: by Manda (new)

Wow, Theresa! You really are my EJ twin:) Glad you came over from the BB. But I warn you, Goodreads is addictive. For some reason I find it fascinating to see how different people react to the books they read. And it's fun to just to see what everyone is reading.

I look forward to reading your book when it comes out!

message 10: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 1 comments Hi! My name is Tricia and I've been reading romance novels since age 12. I found this group through the EJ/JQ BB.I have been a frequent visitor to the EJ/JQ BB. However, I just decided to join the group. I'm a former teacher(pre-school) and now a stay_at_home mom of Lillian age 4. some of my favorite authors are Eloisa James, Brenda Joyce, Anne Stuart, Rachel Gibson and susan Elizabeth Phillips. I'm exicited to discover new authors through being apart of this group.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane (flidaisdail) | 2 comments Hello all! My name is Diane (or Di or Dee depending on whose talking and their age-if they can speak my full name or not). I am the mother of a demanding 4 year old and work in account management for PBM (pharmacy insurance) in MN. I am NOT a city girl in anyway, and prefer the life of a semi-hobbit whenever possible.
I read a lot of everything, currently I've been addicted to the paranormal romance, but am heading back into historical again and re-reading the JQ books oldest-to-newest again for the 4th time.
I am extremely ashamed after reading these intros to admit that I have not read EJ books and have now added them to my to-read book shelf... in fact, I think I will forgo my re-reading JQ adventure and start the EJs so I can feel like I'm somewhat keeping up. lol!
I have a kindle and read at every possible opportunity, I was running out of ideas for my to-read shelf, so I asked to join this group so I can find new schtuff... and I do believe I have a few months worth now! :-)

message 12: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
Hi!
I found this group from the EJ/JQ BB, which I've been reading and commenting on for probably 2 years now. I'm a policy advocate and mom to a college sophomore and 8th grader, with a lot of time to read since my husband travels a lot.
My favorite authors are, besides EJ and JQ, Laura Kinsale, Jo Goodman, Jennifer Crusie, Sharon and Tom Curtis, Julia Ross, Mary Balogh, Jo Beverly, Connie Brockway, Loretta Chase, Elizabthe Hoyt, Carla Kelly, Lisa Kleypas and Julie Anne Young. I also love a number of very new writers: Joanna Bourne (who gets my nomination for best writers blog), Tessa Dare, Meredith Duran, Courney Milan, Sherry Thomas. In fact I think a real case can be made that we are in a renaissance of romance writing!
I started reading romance thirty years ago, but returned to it a few years ago while recovering from surgery--and still periodically find an author I need to catch up on.
I am not a big fan of contemporaries (Jenny Crusie excepted) but will read Robyn Carr and one or two others.
My favorite EJ books are This Duchess of Mine, An Affair before Christmas, and ...hmm.. the third one varies depending on the day. My favorite JQs are definitely The Lost Duke of Wyndham and Mr. Cavendish I presume, although its safe to say that I have found myself laughing hysterically at some point in all of her books.
And, I have to confess I was addicted to the Monday puzzlers!

message 13: by Melany (new)

Melany (azingirlygirl) | 49 comments Hey Everyone :]

I'm Melany or azingirlygirl from the EJ/JQ BB and I started reading romance 4 years ago when I was 13. The only time i get to read is during the summer so ive only read about like 200 books so far. Not as much as some of the rest of you guys but i still try to read as much as possible.

I visited the board daily because it was the best and easiest place to dicuss my love of romance and to find good reccomendations. The board was awesome and i will miss it dearly, especially the Monday Puzzlers and contests. They were the best ways to discover new books that i absolutely feel in love with.

As some of you know, my favorite JQ book is Brighter Than the Sun and my favorite EJ book is A Duke of her Own. They're fabulous! I love romances with strong heroines. Other favorites of mine include The Bartered Bride by Mary Jo Putney, Born in Sin by Kinley MacGregor, and What I Did for Love, Aint She Sweet, and Match Me if You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Also, I'm always open to reccomendations and I'm willing to talk about books so feel free to message me :]

I not really a big fan of contemporary but Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an exception. I love her humor and her characters. Shes my most favorite author along with EJ, Mary Jo Putney and JQ of course.

I'm glad to be a part of this new board and i hope it becomes just as much of a success as the old one :]

message 14: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2037 comments Mod
Hi, everyone!
I'm Okie from the EJ/JQ BB. I currently live in Nevada, I'm a small business owner by day and an aspiring YA writer by night. I was introduced to my first historical romance in high school, I Fell in LOVE with Johanna Lindsey's Gentle Rouge and I've never looked back :D
Happy Reading!

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin | 4 comments Thank you for letting me join!! I was pretty new to the Eloisa James and Julia Quinn board, but I really enjoyed looking around at the different contests and book suggestions.

My name is Erin. I've been reading romances for 2 years. After I finished school, I was working direct care with individuals with mental illness and intellectual disabilities. I worked 18 hour shifts (got paid to sleep!) and needed something to fill the rest of my time. Since then I went back to school and have less time for reading.

My favorite authors are of course Julia Quinn and Eloisa James. I also really like Johanna Lindsey, Teresa Medeiros, Judith McNaught, and Lisa Kleypas.

My favorite Julia Quinn book is An Offer from a Gentleman and my favorite Eloisa James book is When the Duke Returns.

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth  W (bethwrn) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Beth - Beth W from the EJ/JQ boards. I'm a public health nurse in southeastern Wisconsin and a "mom" of a 12 year old cat, Ceili, and a 1 1/2 year old German Shepherd/Husky mix, Addie.

I have been reading romance since I was a tween (of course, that was before they were called "tweens"). I have lots of favorite authors, of course EJ and JQ are at the top of the list. I've had the privilege to meet them both and not only are they great authors but lovely, lovely people as well.

message 17: by Calila (last edited Sep 20, 2010 11:01AM) (new)

Calila Hey everyone, My name is Jessica. So glad this group got started...I've given so many books and authors a shot because of seeing people talking about them at EJ/JQ's BB.

My Favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Eloisa James, Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Hannah Howell, Elizabeth Hoyt, Tessa Dare, Christina Dodd and lots more.

I've been reading romance since I was about 12-13. My first romance novel was "Storm Winds" by Iris Johansen, it's still a favorite that gets re-read often. A few other favorites are The Devil In Winter(LK), Pleasure For Pleasure(EJ), Brighter Than The Sun, To Sir Phillip With Love, What Happens In London, & The Secret Diaries Of Miss Miranda Cheever(JQ), Dance Upon The Air, Tears Of The Moon, Born In Fire(NR). And so many more.

message 18: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Hey Everyone!

I am Kasey and I teach English literature and composition at two universities in Minnesota. I am also working on my first manuscript.

I have been reading romance books since I was a teenager and my favorites are historicals. I also enjoy reading young adult books as well, especially in the fantasy genre.

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria | 1 comments Hi Everyone,
I am Maria and was a lurker at the Eloisa/Julia message board. I enjoyed reading all of your comments and discovered many great new authors and books by reading there. I've decided to finally join here and enter the discussion myself when time permits. I am an executive assistant at a University in Philadelphia and am married with an 8 year old daughter. I have been reading romance books since I was a teenager as my mother is also an avid romance book reader as well.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe...I feel bad because I had an account on the EJ message board since 2006, and rarely visited! But I've been a fan of Eloisa James since her Pleasures trilogy, and I count Enchanting Pleasures, Fool for Love, A Wild Pursuit, Much Ado About You, and Desperate Duchesses as my favorite EJ novels.

message 21: by Manda (new)

I love how many lurkers have come out over here! Welcome everybody:)

message 22: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments Hi! I'm PJ. Depending on where you've seen me around the net, you might know me as pjlovesbooks, pjpuppymom or just PJ. I discovered Eloisa James at Squawk Radio and have been a member of her board since she started it, back before JQ joined the fun.

I've been reading romance for a *really* long time and enjoy all genres though, if forced to choose, would have to say that historical is my favorite. I love talking romance and, along with three friends, run The Romance Dish. (http://theromancedish.com)

I live in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina.

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments Hello, I am Kimberly and I came here from the EJ/JQ BB. My name on there was Kimberlyaf. I have been reading romance since I was 13ish. I love historicals, paranormals, and select few contemps. I am DYING for a great Native American/white chic novel. Nowaday's it seems there are no good ones. Anyway, I am 34 years old now and married for 12 years and we have 3 kids together. I look foward to learning this board and getting to know you all. Thanks.

message 24: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments Kimberly, Carol Ann Didier has two Native American romances, APACHE WARRIOR and NAVAJO NIGHT, that were published in 2008 and 2009. I haven't read them but they got decent reviews, especially NAVAJO NIGHT.

message 25: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments I'll look into that! Thanks so much! I just wrote those down and will stuff it in my purse for when I'm out.

message 26: by Monica (new)

PJ and Kimberly, I'll look for those as welll!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Manda, Thank You for setting this up. I have missed this kind of discussion so much.

Hi everyone, I am Serenissima from EJ/JQ BB. I come from Northern-Europe, Finland. At first I started to read romance on my teens, took a break and came back about ten years ago. I like historicals and contemps; paranormals are not my cup of tea. My favourites-list is long, but I name some: Lisa Kleypas, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Rachel Gibson, Judith McNaugth, Elizabeth Hoyt, Elizabeth Lowell, Anna Campbell and of course Julia and Eloisa.
I am so happy to be here again.

message 28: by Romanticbookworm (last edited Oct 14, 2010 02:35PM) (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments Hi Everyone!. I am RomanticBookworm from the EJ/JQ BB. I got such a shock when I realised today that the BB had shut down as I had not been on there for a little while but I am glad that we can all keep in touch here.

I love reading and read a wide variety of books from paranormal to romance. Some of my favourite authors include Carrie Vaughn,Julia Quinn and Susan Mallery.

I look forward to chatting with you all again and glad we can keep in touch and I look forward to chatting to new people as well as all the people I know from EJ/JQ BB again.

I hope to chat to you all soon. RB

message 29: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 3 comments Hi everybody, I'm Scarlett Rains, a published author of historic romance novels set in 18th century England. I'm the mother of 4, have two lil grand-babies, 2 dogs, 2 cats and (last time I checked) about 25 goldfish. :) I've been in love with romance novels since I was potty-trained. Hhhmmm. You're wondering if I'm a late bloomer, aren't you? ...Moving on. I recently resigned by heart-attack inducing, high-stress, well-compensated career as Clinical Coordinator of a hospital to follow my dream of being a full-time author. Enough about me. It's nice to be part of this group. Looking forward to getting to know folks.

message 30: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2037 comments Mod
Hi, Scarlett! Welcome :)

message 31: by Janga (new)

Welcome, Debra! i hope you enjoy the group.

message 32: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 9 comments Hi everyone! I'm Annie and I'm a blogger/reviewer at Under the Covers. You can check out my blog here: http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspo...

I read a lot of romance, particularly paranormal romance and historical romance. My favourite authors include Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, JR Ward, Karen Marie Moning...and the list goes on...

I'm from Canada and well, I just love to read!

message 33: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Welcome, Annie!

message 34: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 9 comments Thanks Theresa! :)

message 35: by Monica (new)

Hi Annie! I can't wait to check out your blog! Welcome!

message 36: by Manda (new)

Hi Annie, welcome!

message 37: by Monica (new)

Ohhhhh, Annie..... I LOOOOVE the red hair in y'alls banner!!!! Nice blog. I'll have to go back once I've got a little more time to spare!

message 38: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 9 comments Thanks so much, Monica! Stop by whenever you can. We post lots of giveaways if you're interested ;)

message 39: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments Hi Annie! Welcome aboard!

message 40: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 9 comments Thank you PJ!

message 41: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rains | 3 comments Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Annie and I'm a blogger/reviewer at Under the Covers. You can check out my blog here: http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspo...

I read a lot of romance, particularly paranorma..."

Welcome, Annie. It looks like we have similar tastes. I'll check out your blog. :)

message 42: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl | 3 comments Hello! I go by Zumbagirl because I love to take Zumba classes at the gym - and pilates too. I'm married almost 20 years with children and I work outside of the home. I live in NJ. So yesterday I finished my first Eloisa James book - Desperate Duchesses (Desperate Duchesses, #1) by Eloisa James - and I loved it! I've wanted to read her books, but hadn't, now I'm so excited to have a new favorite author. I've also read Julia Quinn's The Duke and I and want to get back into the series. I only started reading HR again this past summer. Mostly I was reading general fiction. But I always loved McNaught. Then I picked up on Lisa Kleypas, Mary Balogh, Julie Garwood, Kathleen Woodiwiss and I've been reading like a maniac lately. I can't believe how much I loved Desperate Duchesses!!! Damon and Teddy:)

message 43: by Manda (new)

Hey Zumbagirl! Welcome. Sounds like you've got some great reading ahead of you. Eloisa's Desperate Duchesses series is fabulous. So are all her other books. I envy you reading all of those for the first time:) You'll get some great recommendations from our "What I'm Reading" discussions. We all read all sorts of romance in addition to historical, so there's something for everyone.

message 44: by Annie (new)

Annie  (anncraven) | 9 comments Hi Zumbagirl! I love Zumba too!!! Welcome :)

message 45: by Monica (new)

Hi Zumbagirl! Welcome to our group! Zumba is so much fun! Exhausting, but fun! Lol!!!

message 46: by Janga (new)

Greetings and welcome to all the new members.

message 47: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I am long overdue with introducing myself since I've been lurking since December.

Hello everyone, my name is Sara and while I've been a Julia Quinn fan for quite a while I have only recently been working on Eloisa James's back catalog. I primarily enjoy Historical romance but have been known to branch out into other romance genres (but don't tell anyone). I'm looking forward to participating in the monthly reads and discussions on this board.

message 48: by Monica (new)

Hi Sara! Welcome!

message 49: by Donna (new)

Donna Cummings | 8 comments Hello to everyone. I'm Donna, and I'm looking forward to the discussions, as well as getting to know everyone here. I'm a fan of Eloisa James' Duchess series, altho I have not read any Julia Quinn books yet -- it looks like I have a lot to add to my already way-too-big TBR pile!

message 50: by Manda (new)

Welcome, Sara and Donna! Jump right in to any threads that look interested to you!

« previous 1 3 4