Warhammer 40,000 Fiction discussion

Firedrake Book Trailer

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPampt...

Did he say Vulkan has returned? Holy crap if he did. A legion with a Primarch...

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin | 23 comments He said Vulkan He'stan.

I'm pretty sure that Black Library has strict rules about what can and can't happen in the books. And I would imagine that bringing back a Primarch would not be allowed.

message 3: by John (new)

John (angryjohnny) | 57 comments There are several Chapters/Legions that still have their Primarch:

Magnus the Red - Deamon Prince
Angron - Deamon Prince
Mortarion - Daemon Prince
Fulgrim - Daemon Prince
Lorgar - Daemon Prince
Alpharius or Omegon is still alive (no one knows which one Roboute Guilliman actually killed - or if he even did...)

Lion El'Jonson - No one except the inner circle knows he's still with the Dark Angels, but he is.
Roboute Guilliman - in stasis at Temple of Correction (not technically dead, but may die if pulled from stasis)

I know it could be argued that the Traitor Primarchs aren't really Primarchs any more because their basically possessed by Daemons, but they're not dead - as mentioned in Fulgrim, he's still in there, but not in control... so yeah, they're still there w/their Legion

For the loyal Primarchs, the only ones that actually died are Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius & Rogal Dorn. The rest of them are just AWOL so yes, not with their chapter, but they could return.

As for a BL author bringing back a Primarch from the void, that would be cool, but GW definitely wouldn't allow it - the closest they could get away with would maybe be a vision of the Primarch. The absence or inactivity of the Primarchs is GW way of explaining why the Imperium hasn't taken over the rest of the Galaxy or wiped out the Traitor Legions yet (it's kind of hard to take out a Primarch/Daemon prince w/out another Primarch)

Not only that, but there were be a lot of people complaining that the Primarch returned. I mean just look at how people reacted that the Salamanders found a long-lost Battle Brother from the time of the Great Crusade in Salamander and he didn't even get to live more than a few chapters in the book.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian John wrote: "There are several Chapters/Legions that still have their Primarch:

Magnus the Red - Deamon Prince
Angron - Deamon Prince
Mortarion - Daemon Prince
Fulgrim - Daemon Prince
Lorgar - Daemon Prince
Al..."

I suppose I just don't count the Daemon Prince Primarchs as Primarchs anymore and those that are in "statis" are just waiting to die it seems. I would like to have at least one back that can still fight, I think that would be an interesting turn of events.

message 5: by Phil_showell (new)

Phil_showell | 2 comments It's Vulkan He'Stan, the current Forgefather of the Salamanders. When a Marine becomes Forgefather they symbolically put aside their old name and take up the name of Vulkan. Their role is to recover the lost artefacts of the Primarch, as recorded by Vulkan (The Primarch) in I believe the Tome of Fire. The belief is that when all artefacts are recovered Vulkan shall return to his sons.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Phil_showell wrote: "It's Vulkan He'Stan, the current Forgefather of the Salamanders. When a Marine becomes Forgefather they symbolically put aside their old name and take up the name of Vulkan. Their role is to recove..."

Oh, thanks Phil. I did not know that about the Salamander chapter. Kind of cool.

message 7: by Phil_showell (new)

Phil_showell | 2 comments No worries, they are my favourite Chapter so I'm more than happy to try and answer questions.