For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

2010 Threads *Old* > Group Read - October Poll Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

October is the perfect time for a scary, ghoul, or horror book.

Have you say and suggest a book for the poll.

Poll will be posted on Sept 25th.

Group Read will Start on Oct 15th.

READY, SET, SUGGEST AWAY!!!

message 2: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) How about mystery/suspense? :)

message 3: by David (new)

David jones | 12 comments vladimir tod, cirque du freak, the excorcist, a stephen king book, demonata and other scary books

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments The exorcist freaks me out... Demonata sounds interesting though... (I'm possibly the hugest wimp ever!)

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hoffman | 12 comments Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
something with a classic and gothic twist

message 6: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ horror is out of my comfort zone, but that's why it's called a challenge, right?

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hmm P&P&Z or ALVH sound pretty good especially the 1st

message 8: by David (new)

David jones | 12 comments Jen wrote: "The exorcist freaks me out... Demonata sounds interesting though... (I'm possibly the hugest wimp ever!)"

haha lolz i never exorcist, but the demonata books are about demons. They r gory and macibre and cool

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Oooh, how about World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, for those of us who aren't really into hard horror.

I've already read it (but then again, I've also read P&P&Z and ALVH too) but it isn't too gory, for those that aren't into it.

On the stephen king front--uck. I have tried to read him, but just could NOT get into his work.

Will have to think some more before I can come up with other titles.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela B Well I will suggest Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

I don't think this one would be too scary but the series is in the Horror section at Borders.

The disclaimer I would have to give is that this series gets very adult further in but I don't think the first few are too bad.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I love guilty pleasures! Great book!

So many choices! Im always up for anything! New book or re read. Keep the suggestions coming and this poll will be great!

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments Debbie- I like the look of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...is it just gory or is funny too? It sounds like it should be.
The Babbling Bookcase

message 13: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Winanto (tuanyia) i've never read horror book before. only goosebumps series when i was a kid. but i think it doesn't count? so i would like to give it a try :D

message 14: by Debbie (last edited Sep 16, 2010 10:40AM) (new)

Debbie Hoffman | 12 comments Amy wrote: "Debbie- I like the look of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...is it just gory or is funny too? It sounds like it should be.
The Babbling Bookcase"

i haven't read it yet but a girl at gym said it is great. I think i will read it in october even if it isn't choosen for group read

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela B ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "I love guilty pleasures! Great book!

So many choices! Im always up for anything! New book or re read. Keep the suggestions coming and this poll will be great!"

How much of the series have you read?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Only the first few books. I have all of them but it is such a huge series. Some day I will get them finished :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry! I suck big time. Life has been hassling and school big time.

It sucks the life out of me and I've been a sucky group leader lately!

I"m starting a new thread for a poll for Hmm... Mid Nov now.

I have no idea of what the theme or any books so I welcome everyone to just suggest away!