Harry Potter discussion

Books > What's your favorite line?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 313 (313 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Tracey what's your favorite line(s) from the Harry Potter series? feel free to post them here!

-- any time that Ron says "What in the name of Merlin's..." or "Are you mental?" (especially when he said this after saving Harry's life)
-- The Weasley Twins' advertisement: "Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-POO -- the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!" i absolutely DIED LAUGHING at this!
-- Ron to Harry during the Fiendfyre incident: "IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I'LL KILL YOU, HARRY!"
-- Harry to Ron & Hermione, when they FINALLY hook up: "Is this really the moment...OI! There's a WAR going on!"
-- Molly Weasley: "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

message 2: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments Honestly, you got them. I love "Are you mental?" I use it all the time. I also love "She's got to get her priorities straightened out" from the first book. Many of Ron's lines are too awesome. Any advertisement for the Weasley products. Anything inspirational from Dumbledore. Ron to Harry, "If we die for them..." I loved that moment. And I love when Harry has to bring them back when they're kissing. Seriously! I thought like Harry. We've got fighting to do. Anyway, awesome quotes!

message 3: by Jayme (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Jayme | 13 comments All of those are great lines, I also really like in the first book when Hermione says "We could have all been killed or worse, expelled." Then in book 7 when Harry is walking into the forest Neville says something like, We are all going to keep fighting Harry. I really liked that exchange.

message 4: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments That expelled line...probably one of my top favs...that's why I love Ron's response..."she's got to her priorities straightened out."

But, like I said, the best other moment is when Harry looks at them with incredulity when they're having their romantic moment in book 7. Can't wait to see that acted out on film! Hahaha. It'll be Titanic all over again.

message 5: by pianogal (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

pianogal On the last page of the last book, when the children are getting on the train to Hogwarts, Al looks at Harry and asks, "Why is everyone staring at us?" Before Harry gets a chance to answer, Ron says nonchalantly, "Oh it's me. I'm famous." BEST...LINE...EVER!

message 6: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Fred Weasley, "Good piont. Angelina! Want to go to the ball with me?" Loved it!

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Just wish the movies were as good. They always change the good stuff!

message 8: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Tracey now that i'm reading the series again ('cuz i'm a straight-up geek), the line in SS where Ron basically says that he didn't want to be in the same house as Hermione is cute, considering how the series ended. :-)

message 9: by Tor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Tor | 8 comments My favorite line in the 7th book in when they're all Harry, and Fred and Gorge turn to each other and say, "Oi! We're Identical!"
And In the 5th book when Mrs. Weasley says, "Oh, that's everyone in the family!" And Fred says, "What are Gorge and I? Neighbors?"
And in the 3rd when Ron is looking into the crystal ball and says, "They're going to be a lot of FOG tonight."
And then in the 3rd again with all the map quotes. The movies left those out though...:(

message 10: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments my favorite lines have to be when the Marauder's Map insults Snape!

message 11: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I agree Tori! Very funny lines!

message 12: by Tor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Tor | 8 comments I also like the lines in the seventh when they said, "Faster then Snape confronted with shampoo"

message 13: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH" ... that was hilarious

message 14: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i'm still reading all the books to know which is my favorite line because i really love harry & dumbledore's talk at the end of the books that's why i really cried and still miss him when he died. they were revealing and helpful to harry in his journey ahead. i also like fred & george's quip, i guess those characters were jk's outlet of her humor. ron tends to say funny stuffs too, to get off hermione's bad side. ^_^ can't choose!

message 15: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments i absolutely agree with Tori and Tracey. lol!!!

i just love the U-NO-POO line and Mrs Weasley was like, "they're gonna be murdered in their own beds" or something like that. Lol! then the line in book 7 during the Fiendfyre incident Ron was like "If we die for them i'll kill you harry!" Lol!

and especially this part
'Gosh, what a gripping story,'Hermione said,in a lofty voice she adopted when wishing to wound.'You must have been simply terrified. Meanwhile, we went to Godric's Hollow and,let's think,what happened there Harry? Oh yes, You-Know-Who's snake turned up, it nearly killed both of us and then You-Know-Who himself arrived and missed us by about a second.' 'Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our suffering into perspective, doesn't it?'

Lol. and the part where Ron and Hermione were kissing and Harry was like 'Oi! We have a war going on here!'

and also the part in book 3 like Tori said, during Divinations, Ron looked into the crystal ball and said 'there's gonna be lots of fog tonight.' haha..

message 16: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:24PM) (new)

Cathy | 50 comments YES TORI!!! The Snape and shampoo line was one i as going to post when i thought of it . . .

message 17: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Kenzie I would have to say my favorite lines were these.

Seamus asks about inferi recognism.

"Mr.Potter seems to have a lot to say on the subject," Snape. "Let's have him tell us."
"Well, ghosts are transparent." Harry.
"Ghosts are transparent," Snape. "A six year-old could have told us that much."
"Yes well, inferi aren't,"Harry.
"Inferi are dead bodies brought to life to do a wizards bidding,"Snape. "Ghosts are the imprint of a departed sole."
"What Harry said was best when identifying a ghost," Ron. "We aren't going to walk up to one and ask 'are you and imprint of a departed sole'."

That's as close as I can get it without my book:)

message 18: by Rachael (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Rachael | 8 comments Not my daughter you bitch!
You have the emotional range of a teaspoon.

message 19: by ★Lalita ❤︎ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) So many good ones here. I know I like a lot of them, one that's cute is when Dumbledore eats a Bertie Bott Every Flavored Bean and says "Oh earwax". It's just funny because he said he usually got the gross ones and maybe this time it would be different. Oh well:)!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachael wrote: "You have the emotional range of a teaspoon."

Ha! I like that one too.....

message 21: by Annie (last edited Mar 30, 2010 04:35PM) (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) One is

'Gosh, what a gripping story,'Hermione said,in a lofty voice she adopted when wishing to wound.'You must have been simply terrified. Meanwhile, we went to Godric's Hollow and,let's think,what happened there Harry? Oh yes, You-Know-Who's snake turned up, it nearly killed both of us and then You-Know-Who himself arrived and missed us by about a second.' 'Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our suffering into perspective, doesn't it?'

And In the 5th book when Mrs. Weasley says, "Oh, that's everyone in the family!" And Fred says, "What are George and I? Neighbors?"
And in the 3rd when Ron is looking into the crystal ball and says, "They're going to be a lot of FOG tonight."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

OH MY GOD I'VE KILLED HARRY POTTER! - Neville :P

message 23: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) Shae (Ron Fanatic!!!!!) wrote: "OH MY GOD I'VE KILLED HARRY POTTER! - Neville :P"

I liked that one too.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

hilarious!!!!!

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments -- Molly Weasley: "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

HELL YEAH!! You are so right, Tracey-- BEST line in the books. I also love Fred and George's many hilarious offerings, like...

"The whole world of ear-related humor before you and you go for holey?"

And from the films...

"You may not like it Minister, but you can't deny-- Dumbledore's got style." XD

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

i love the last one!!! Its hilarious!!!

message 27: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I like that one too - Phineas Nigellus actually says it in the books too.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah...but kingsley shacklebolt says it in the movie

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.

Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.

Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.

Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I love that!!! But they didn't put it in the movie :(

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! Wait..... THEY DIDN'T????? I'm confused.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't remember it being in it.

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments The first part was in the film-- the rest weren't.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what I thought.....

message 35: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 113 comments i love it wen harry tells snape not to call him sir..

message 36: by Sanjana (new)

Sanjana Bhattacharyya (sanjanab) | 18 comments I like all the lines harry says(shouts) after Ron and Hermione become prefects (OOTP)

message 37: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments i love the lines Dumbledore says in 7th book,chapter35.

message 38: by Callie (new)

Callie (callie365) | 2 comments Tracey wrote: "what's your favorite line(s) from the Harry Potter series? feel free to post them here!

-- any time that Ron says "What in the name of Merlin's..." or "Are you mental?" (especially when he said..."

the last one is also my favorite!! it added a bit of commedy to a very intense moment

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah

message 40: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) yeah. lolz

message 41: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments i like the paragraph about the basilisk in book 2.when i read it,i was 9 and it sounded very scary to me.now,i'm 16 but i still have goosbupms when i read about the basilisk.

message 42: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 113 comments if u talk about paragraphs,then i love this one in the whole harry potter series..its in the end ot the secod book..
"Harry had been to several hogwarts feasts,but never one quite like this.Everyone was in their pyjamas,and the celebrations lasted all night.Harry didn't know wether the best bit was hermione running towards him,screaming"you solved it!you solved it"or justin hurrying over from the hufflepuff table to wring his hand and apologise endlessly for suspecting him,or hagrid turning up at half past three,cuffing harry and ron so hard on the shoulders that they were knocked into their plates of trifle,or his and ron's four hundred points for gryffindor securing the house cup for the second year running,or professor mcgonagall standing up to tell them that the exams had been cancelled as a school treat('oh,no' said hermione),or dumbledore announcing that,unfortunately,professor lockhart would be unable to return next year,owing to the fact that he needed to go away and get his memory back.Quite a few of the teachers joined in the cheering that greeted this news.'Shame,' said ron,helping himself to a jam doughnut.'he was starting to grow on me'."

message 43: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (ronnievgirl) | 11 comments In the 6th I absolutely died laughing when Ginny was talking to Harry, Ron, and Hermione about Harry's rumored tatoo. She says that she was saying he had a Hungarian Horntail tatooed across his chest. Ron says "what did you say i've got" and Ginny says "I said you've got a Pigmy Puff, but i didn't say where"

I also love the "HE GOT OFF" song/dance in the 5th

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

5th book, when ron came out of the planet room and said "Harry i just saw uraines" or sometin like that, i havent read it in a long time hehe

message 45: by Nat (new)

Nat | 2 comments I like when snape says "Do you remember me telling you we are practicing nonverbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," says Harry.
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor."
I think it was in the 5th book haha

message 46: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I love that part too! (It's in the sixth book.)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Can I just say the whole series?

message 48: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 17 comments ha ha, i luv all the ones that u guys have mentioned!! i have so many faveorites...here are a few more:D

"Yeah, Quirrel was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out the back of his head!"

"of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it isnt real?"

"He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo."

"Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's hats."

"Give her hell from us Peeves."

"...I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it gets all dark like this."

:D

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh! Ooh! I like: "Jealous? Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open is that special myself." - Malfoy, COS

message 50: by ɐzzıɹʞ (new)

ɐzzıɹʞ "MERLIN'S PANTS!!!" - hermione. that's in the 7th book when they found out that Snape is going to be the headmaster of hogwarts

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7