Q&A with Margaret Atwood discussion

Audio Version of The Flood includes sung hymns of the story

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert | 1 comments If you have the option, you should choose the audio version of this book (available for mp3 players from amazon's audible.com). The hymns (lyrics by Margaret Atwood), integral to the story, are beautifully sung in the audio book version: " Hymns of the God's Gardeners; Lyrics from Year of the Flood" by Orville Stoeber;Margaret Atwood. Sung beautifully to guitar accompaniment. Alternatively, the album can be downloaded in mp3 format from amazon.com ($8.99).

message 2: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Robert wrote: "If you have the option, you should choose the audio version of this book (available for mp3 players from amazon's audible.com). The hymns (lyrics by Margaret Atwood), integral to the story, are b..."

I agree Robert. I got the audiobook for free from my library and it's great. I love how they really took advantage of the medium. I also loved the actors who did the voices for Toby and Ren.

message 3: by Petra (new)

Petra I agree, too. I listened to the audio and enjoyed the hymns. I bought the CD, too. It's a lovely addition to the book and adds quite a bit of ambience and mood, I think.

message 4: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn Oh, I didn't realise that the audio version would be this nice! I've got both, book and audio and I've just started reading... I might just swap mediums!

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 2 comments I might get this from Audible.com, for the hyms alone. I already have the hard copy, though.

message 6: by Petra (new)

Petra Jason, I plan on buying a hard copy of the book to keep with the CD of hymns (for future re-reading purposes).

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 2 comments I just checked, and Audible.com does have it. So I will indeed get it! :)