Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Debbie's 50 a year

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 1. Inferno by Dante Alighieri A very hard read, but amazingly quoted in modern culture.
2. The Shack by William P. Young Very uplifting
3. One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Enjoyable fluff
4. Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) by Janet Evanovich
5. Three To Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) by Janet Evanovich
6. Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich
7. High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5) by Janet Evanovich

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 16. Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, #14) by Janet Evanovich
17. Plum Lovin' (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #2) by Janet Evanovich
18. Visions of Sugar Plums (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #1) by Janet Evanovich
19. Plum Spooky (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #4) by Janet Evanovich
20. Plum Lucky (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #3) by Janet Evanovich
21. Metro Girl (Alex Barnaby, #1) by Janet Evanovich
22. Motor Mouth (Alex Barnaby, #2) by Janet Evanovich finally no more to read.
23. Tough Cookie (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #9) by Diane Mott Davidson A culinary mystery series.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 24. Watership Down by Richard Adams A very entertaining classic.
25. Catering to Nobody (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #1) by Diane Mott Davidson
26. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass An American Slave, Written by Himself (The Bedford Series in History and Culture) by Frederick Douglass Eye opening!
27. Dying for Chocolate (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #2) by Diane Mott Davidson
28. Killer Pancake (Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, Book 5) by Diane Mott Davidson

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 29. Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris
30. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris
31. The Last Suppers (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #4) by Diane Mott Davidson
32. Killer Pancake / The Cereal Murders (Goldy Bear Culinary Mysteries) by Diane Mott Davidson
33. The Main Corpse (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #6) by Diane Mott Davidson
34. Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris
35. Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 36. Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris
37. All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris
38. Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris
39. From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris
40. Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris
41. The Grilling Season (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #7) by Diane Mott Davidson
42. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer I love that she is adding to the series.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 43. Troublemaker Book 1 Alex Barnaby Series 3 by Alex Evanovich this book was a horrible rip off.
44. Prime Cut (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #8) by Diane Mott Davidson
45. Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich
46. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
47. Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell very suspenseful in the style of Dan Brown.
48. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris My naughty addiction.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 49. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd A very poignant novel.
50. From Love Field Our Final Hours with President John F. Kennedy by Nellie Connally It is amazing to me that after all that has been written about the assassination, that there could be anything new to say, but there is.
51. Haunt Me Still by Jennifer Lee Carrell Evan more suspenseful than the first.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments Forgot to post:
52. Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15) by Janet Evanovich

message 10: by Connie (new)

Connie (conniebury) | 197 comments Welcome to the group and congrats on making your goal!

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments Thanks! Heading for vacation hoping for time to read.

message 12: by Arlene (new)

Arlene | 388 comments I was going to say, "Oh no, you missed #15" but you didn't! I love her books and Diane Mott Davidson. I'm not into vampires, so I haven't read any of those. Congrats on 50.

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments Thanks, I am a pretty eclectic reader. One of my patients recommended the vampire series and I enjoyed it if someone recommends a book to me I usually try it.
Arlene wrote: "I was going to say, "Oh no, you missed #15" but you didn't! I love her books and Diane Mott Davidson. I'm not into vampires, so I haven't read any of those. Congrats on 50."

message 14: by Debbie (last edited Sep 15, 2010 06:45PM) (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 53. Will in the World How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare by Stephen Jay Greenblatt Will In The World
There is so little definitive evidence of Shakespeare's history that most of the book is supposition. It does not really flesh him out for me.

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 54. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye

I know this book was supposed to be ground breaking for it's time, but I must be missing something. I just don't see where it is such a life changing classic.

message 16: by Debbie (last edited Sep 27, 2010 05:10AM) (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 55 The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I really liked this book it was a complicated mystery that was still possible to follow. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 17: by Debbie (last edited Oct 03, 2010 07:08PM) (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 56. The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

This is not a genre that I would normally read, but it is so popular that I thought I'd try it. At first I thought i wouldn't like it but then I couldn't put it down.

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 57. Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1) by Janet Evanovich Wicked Appetite

This was a very easy read. Not much to it, but Janet' humor is enjoyable, even if her plots are thin.

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 58. Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire

I really liked this book. I am not a sci-fi reader, but could not put this book down.Can't wait to read the next one.

message 20: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 59. The Necklace Thirteen Women and the Experiment That Transformed Their Lives by Cheryl Jarvis

I felt the women in the group were self absorbed and self promoters.

message 21: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 60. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I really enjoyed this book and felt that it was an accurate portrayal of the affect of the War on the average person.

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 61. Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins The Mockingjay
I loved this series. It is easy to become invested in these characters, that being said I don't think the final book was as strong as the first 2.

message 23: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments Debbie wrote: "61.Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins The Mockingjay
I loved this series. It is easy to become invested in these characters, that being said I don't think the final book was as strong as the first 2."

I agree. A little more than 1/2 way through the book started to feel a little choppy and disjointed. It was still a quick read, but definitely not as good as the 1st 2.

message 24: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 62. The Murder of King Tut by James Patterson The Murder of King Tut
This book is an easy read but it is somewhat disjointed. It really isn't the ground breaking discovery that Patterson makes it out to be.

message 25: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 63.The Five People You Meet in HeavenThe Five People You Meet in Heaven

I loved this book. It intrigues me what other peoples vision of heaven are and this is a good. It is a version of the "everything happens for a reason".

message 26: by Debbie (last edited Dec 18, 2010 04:36AM) (new)

Debbie Reeder | 91 comments 64.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

This is a reread. I love this series. I think JK Rowlings is brilliant. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling