Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games Books > Epilogue *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 282 (282 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Ok so i was not a happy camper about the ending and epilouge. anyone care to comment? wat do u think?

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen ok i will start-wat do you think katniss named her children? GOOD NAMES PPL!!!

Savannah Andrea Smith | 1 comments The only thing that bothered me about the ending was the losses. But the ending was actually all I ever hoped for :) I'm glad they ended up together! And I even made a list of things that would be bonus "awesome" points for Suzanne Collins before I finished the book. The kids was one of those bonus points. So was Finnick's kid :) So she made me one SUPER happy reader! :D

message 4: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
I see no reason why Prim had to die. It was completely unnecessary.

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin (b-ballin) | 26 comments it was wasnt it!! She shoudlnt even had been there!! That part made me mad! and for some reason i feel like she would name one kinda after Prim, like something prim, or prim somehting

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana The ending was really rushed. And I agree, it wasn't really nessecary to kill Prim.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really enjoyed the book, but didn't like the Epilogue.

The book would have ended better if Collins had just cut the Epilogue and had the last chapter include a conversation between Peeta and Katniss where they discussed their future and they had one of those "maybe someday" conversations, in regard to their marriage and possible kids, leaving some sort of hint that they're smiling or holding hands while talking about it, as if it "will" happen, but we get to draw the conclusion for ourselves.

message 8: by Tia (new)

Tia (mlcgirl) | 3 comments I think something having to do with Sinya (sp?), Finnick, Rue and Prim I bet.

message 9: by Aly (new)

Aly | 2 comments Prim and Finnick should not have died. Although i did like the note on Annie and Finnicks son. But i really hated that she eneded up with Peeta. i was totally on team Gale and it was a huge disapiontment

message 10: by Aly (new)

Aly | 2 comments Laura -- Pictoperson Extraordinaire wrote: "I see no reason why Prim had to die. It was completely unnecessary."

agreed

message 11: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) The epilouge reminded me off Harry Potter...

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen For all the ppl wondering y prim was at the capitol here is my thinking: i think president Coin sent her because she wanted prim to get hurt in order to break Katniss so she wasn't a threat to her becoming the official president. but her plan backfired and killed coin instead

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen also i like how most of u guys r saying she would name her daughter prim it is really sweet but i was thinking it would cause her too much pain... so i was thinking rue. Anyone feel the same?

message 14: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) ☀☄★Fierox, the Fox of Fire★☄☀ wrote: "The epilouge reminded me off Harry Potter..."

Well, it just seemed like the epilouge in Harry Potter for some reason...except they didn't go to Hogwarts...and I believe they did not sing Deep in the Meadow or anything. Great, now I'M singing it.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments @ Jen: Rue was my first thought exactly!! (:O)

message 16: by Austin (new)

Austin Balke (austinbalke) I liked the ending, I didn't like that she ended up with Peeta instead of Gale. But other than that, it was great!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments PEETA OR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'll stop Gale/Peeta debating now.....

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen well i agree that she should end up with peeta because as SC said in the end katniss didn't need gale's rage and fire because she had plenty of that herself, she needed peeta gentleness and kindness. Also, gale was behind the trap that killed PRIM!!!!

message 19: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi (joit) | 74 comments Yeah Peeta was the perfect guy for her.

message 20: by Aline (new)

Aline (smallvillealine) | 2 comments Jen wrote: "Ok so i was not a happy camper about the ending and epilouge. anyone care to comment? wat do u think?"

I agree with you!! There was not enough detail to what happened to other people, where they ended up? what happened to them?. All those extra people that died (specially prim and finnick)that didn't really need to die. The epilouge was really sloppy. I'm so disappointed. Though i am glad she ended up with Peeta.

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen yes. I really want to know what happens to johanna and beete or annie and her son. i was also kinda dissapointed about mockingjay because much of it was all war talk so it was kinda boring at times. I also want to know what katniss names her children. i was thinking rue for the girl and am still unsure about the boy. wat do u think?

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Rue and...ummmmm....maybe Peeta's dad's name??? Katniss's dad's?????

message 23: by Jen (new)

Jen that would be nice, but SC never mentions their names in the book. I would have luved to know their names. Not just think of them as Kat's dad and Peeta's dad...sigh...

message 24: by Rachel (last edited Sep 15, 2010 01:28PM) (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments I know....her not mentioning their names was an EPIK PHAIL!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen lol yeah.

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Shanks 4 agreeing w/ me!!!

message 27: by Jen (new)

Jen no prob. i also didn't like how katniss was saying she would be scarred for life because of the HG and blah blah blah... how it is so hard to get up in the mornings because blah blah blah.
i mean come on! her character did a complete 360 from the first games.

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Yes, her character did. I also found it irksome how she would complain, I mean, I think all of us people who read the books are smart enough to know that her life would never go back to normal after the games!!! There was no need to blab on about it for pages at a time!!!!!

message 29: by Jen (new)

Jen yeah right.like she was so strong in the games and then all of a sudden she is disturbed and crazy and weak and insane(come on SC wat were u thinking)!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

loved the ending, hated the epilogue. it seemed like the epilogue was too vague, like i wanted to know what happened with her mom, did she ever visit, and if gale ever got married, or if she even talked to him anymore. and what the kids names were, and what happened to haymich, and finnik's wife and child, and johanna and all those other people we got to know and love :)

message 31: by Jen (new)

Jen yeah exactly! SC rushed the whole thing and ruined everything by not explaining and killing off important characters

message 32: by Rachel (last edited Sep 15, 2010 01:59PM) (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments I did think it was wayyyy to vague, but SC probably wanted us to have out own ideas of what happened to them....yup....She wanted us to think about it for ourselves, instead of her doing all the "work" for us.....

message 33: by Jen (new)

Jen well i think it wasn't smart of her to do that cause now she has a bunch of angry fans!!!!! >:<

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments I hope no one (the angry fans) knows SC adress, cause if they did I'll bet you any money it would be egged and toilet-papered....

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen of course ( i am not saying i would do that but someone may). i just didn't think she was writing with the same power or style as the first two...
maybe it was someone else +++takes deep breath+++

message 36: by Rachel (last edited Sep 15, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Yeah, maybe aliens abducted her and wrote the book as their first step to dominate earth!!!! *faint*

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen *** that would explain many a thing...*** (strokes imaginary beard...)

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Hahaha!!!! I often stroke my imaginary beard too!!! We must be twins!!! *smiles in disbelief*

message 39: by Jen (new)

Jen it was probablly the agents and editors who ruined the book... sigh...

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments Most likely!!! Now I'm gonna spit in their food!!! MWHAHAHAHA!!!!!! *evil grin*

message 41: by Jen (new)

Jen lol:D true true

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (absurdlynerdygirl) | 173 comments -(-

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:26PM) (new)

i do believe that is why she did it, but if it were up to me, gale would be back in her life, and hating it because she's with peeta, her children would be Rue Prim or another important person in her life, Her mom would have come back, and visited her grandbabys, and haymich would be almost the same, except older. but her mom wouldn't have stayed in district 12.

message 44: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 63 comments i still don't understand how prim died.

message 45: by Jen (new)

Jen from bombs that were meant to blow up the capitol's children.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen wrote: "from bombs that were meant to blow up the capitol's children."

that Coin sent in a capitol hovercraft to look like they did it, and then kat kills coin because of that and another reason, but if you haven't read the book, i don't wanna spoil that part

message 47: by Jen (new)

Jen yeah. coin sent prim to capitol most likely to kill her in the bombing so that she could break katniss even more and katniss would no longer be a threat to her and she could be president when they won.

message 48: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 63 comments oh. if the bombs were meant to kill the capitol children why were the rebel medics sent in?

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianne wrote: "oh. if the bombs were meant to kill the capitol children why were the rebel medics sent in?"

because they wanted it to look like the capitol did it. and they didn't know that there were more bombs that were triggered to go off minutes after the first ones. Beetee and Gale created them Dx

message 50: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 63 comments wait. why did the rebels want to make it look like the capitol did it?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6