Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Family Drama meets Murder Mystery- Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 35 comments We are giving away Someone to Blame by C.S.Lakin. It was the winner of the 2008 Zondervan Fiction Contest, and is a wonderfully complex Drama Mystery.

In the wake of heartrending family tragedies, Matt and Irene Moore move with their fourteen-year-old daughter, Casey, to a small town. Their goal is to get far away from the daily reminders that leave each of them raw and guilt-ridden. Their hope is to find redemption, repair, and renewal. Instead, the threads that hold them together unravel even more. Breakers, a small community perched on the rocky coast of the Pacific Northwest, is draped with cold isolation that seems to mirror the hearts. As they settle into their new life, old grief settles with them. Matt is always on edge and easily angered, Irene is sad and pensive, and Casey is confused and defiant. They've once more set the stage for calamity. Into this mix comes Billy Thurber, a young drifter with his own conflicts, whose life unexpectedly entangles with the Moores'. His arrival in Breakers parallels a rash of hateful and senseless crimes, and soon the whole town -- eager for someone to blame -- goes after Thurber with murderous intent. Out of this dangerous chaos, however, the Moores find unexpected grace and healing in a most unlikely way. Author C. S. Lakin explores our need to assign reason and fix blame for the pain and grief in our lives. Though the circumstances are fictional, the emotions are real and universal, making Someone to Blame a great and inspiring read.

Come leave a comment for C.S.Lakin on her interview, and win a signed paperback copy.

http://www.christian-fiction-book-rev...

Regards,
John Hileman
Managing Editor

message 2: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice | 39 comments Hi there.I just looked at the website that you provided. I now have two new authors to add to my list of Christian to read. I'm going to have to look at all of the books that theses two authors have written. Even if I don't win it I am going to purchase 'Someone to Blame'. I love mysteries and the book sounds absolutely riviting. When I looked at the website (me being older and new to this computer stuff) I couldn't seem to understand where to enter the giveaway. I saw the box where we're supposed to leave comments and I read them. However I noticed that no one ahd left their email addresses in the comments. So I figured that I was not in the right place to leave my comment and email address. Would you mind terribly giving me some help with this? Thanks in advance for your kindness.

message 3: by John (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 35 comments Sure thing. I'm so glad you liked our little site. You were in the right place. You need to leave a comment. If you don't leave an email, you simply run the risk of not knowing you were selected, that's all. You're still entered in the drawing.

message 4: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice | 39 comments Thanks for the help J. i just entered and excited about having a chance to win it!

message 5: by John (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 35 comments *crosses fingers*

message 6: by John (new)

John Hileman (johnmichaelhileman) | 35 comments She is a precious and Godly woman. It was an honor having her speak with us. And I am so glad you were blessed by her words.

Regards,
John Hileman
Managing Editor
Christian Fiction Book Reviews [dot] com