Mockingjay discussion

Coin or Snow

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Both of these villians are evil - we know that. But whome do you believe is worse?

I dislike Coin more. At least Snow was always honest with Katniss throughout the books. Coin put on a show and pretended to be something she wasn't.

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yes, that's wat I meant. atleast we knew that Snow was bad, with coin, it's like disgusting wen sh mentions the hunger games with the children of capitol. I just felt SICK.

y'd u delete the other posts?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Did I? I'm sorry. Didn't mean to.

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) no worries =]

message 5: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
with snow you nknew that he was awful but you also knew where he stood woith coin you never knew where you stood. i am glad that katniss killed her

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Me, too! And at first I thought Katniss was serious about agreeing to the HG with the Capitol's people. But then I realized it was just a way of getting Coin to let her guard down. I sort of expected Katniss to kill her - I was surprised by how Snow died, though. Did he have some kind of disease?

message 7: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
it said tha the was trampled

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) or died of coughing. weird. lol.

I so thot she was really saying yes to hunger games... and I felt like smacking her!

message 9: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
ik. she said that it was for prim but prim hated the hunger games. she should have said no for prim

message 10: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
Roza wrote: "ik. she said that it was for prim but prim hated the hunger games. she should have said no for prim"

Amina wrote: "or died of coughing. weird. lol.

I so thot she was really saying yes to hunger games... and I felt like smacking her!"

also saying that they would have another hunger games made tehm as bad as teh people that they where trying to kill and take out of power. how is tha tright. i was like r they going t beccome as bad as the old capitol

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 41 comments i knoww i was about to throw up when coin said another hunger games for the capitol children or just kill them? i was like...WTF???? then katniss agreed and then after she killed coin i reread it and it talked about how she knew haymitch would understand and then i got it

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i didn't get dat part (and was continously fuming) until sum1 of u explained it lol

message 13: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
ohh. i will have to look tha up.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yeah, I had to re-read a lot of different parts in this book, because some of it was a little confusing. I re-read Finnick's death scene over and over, because it seemed so short and ... meaningless. He was Katniss' friend - if he had to die, his death scene should have been bigger.

I thought it was very noble of Katniss to put aside her desperate need of revenge on President Snow, in order to think rationally about the future. PS was already condemned to die, so it was more practical to kill Coin first. Not many people can think logically in that kind of situation.

message 15: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) mm hmm. thas like one of the few, scanty prts I like!

message 16: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I also loved the scene at the hospital when Katniss's fiting there, it was heart-touching.

message 17: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
i think tah she surprised herself when she killed coin

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca ^ Possibly. Maybe she knew subconsciously that she would do it.

message 19: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i think it was a spur of the moent thingy. u knw she was gonna kill snow n she just changd her mind dat sec...

message 20: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah. i think aht she thought about how snow never lied to her just tried ot kill her but coin lied to her all the time

message 21: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) mm hmm. I hate dat bitch more than I everrr hated snow. tho he's a bastard too :P

message 22: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
hahahahaha

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Though Snow is terrible, and evil, I did like that he always told Katniss the truth. Coin just lied, lied, lied. I was surprised that he told Katniss who was really responsible for the parachute thing. . . did he do it because he wanted her to hate Coin even more?

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yep, probably to get his revenge... thas y he laughed so much at the end. but whatever the reason... it ended in good

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca It's like he kind of won, in his own sadistic way. Even at his death. Blech

message 26: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ikr! i was like... jheez.

message 27: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah while he won i guess he also kinda saved panem

message 28: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i kinda figured it out be4 u knw... ant coin using her n being bad n all. i was surprised katniss didn't

message 29: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah