The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Game of Thrones teaser # 2 - Raven!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Argh, I'm excited all over again...

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/in...

message 2: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

And that pic of Daenarys looks awesome.

message 3: by Brian (last edited Sep 19, 2010 07:18AM) (new)

Brian | 67 comments Reminded me that I'm still waiting for
A Dance with Dragons

Five years is way too long between books in a series. There are still two more books after A Dance with Dragons. Not looking forward to reading the last one in 2020 if his books releases are five years apart.

message 4: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

I've held off on reading Feast of Crows until there's some definite sign of Dance with Dragons.

message 5: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Jlawrence wrote: "I've held off on reading Feast of Crows until there's some definite sign of Dance with Dragons."

I'm sort of doing the same thing. At least, that's the excuse I'll adopt from here on out.

message 6: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

aldenoneil wrote: "Jlawrence wrote: "I've held off on reading Feast of Crows until there's some definite sign of Dance with Dragons."

I'm sort of doing the same thing. At least, that's the excuse I'll adopt from here on out. ..."

It's sitting in a prominent place on top of a stack of books in my living room, but I'm RESISTING, I tell you, RESISTING!

message 7: by Curt (new)

Curt Taylor (meegeek) | 107 comments Just finished Game of Thrones last night and now know what all the excitement is about. I have a long way to go here, but looking forward to the journey. I just keep asking myself how I could have missed this. With both Abercrombie, Martin, and others turning out this depth and quality of work it feels like we find ourselves in the midst of a fantasy renaissance.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 20 comments Don't get excited Curt. There is little reason to believe Martin will finish the series. It took Martin 5 years to write A Feast of Crows and who knows now long it will take (it is now 5 years and counting) to finish A Dance With Dragons, even though he was nearly half finished in 2005.

Unless Martin really focuses on this series, there is no reason to believe he will ever finish.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian | 67 comments Daniel wrote: "Don't get excited Curt. There is little reason to believe Martin will finish the series. It took Martin 5 years to write A Feast of Crows and who knows now long it will take (it is now 5 years and ..."

From the Song of Fire and Ice website:

On October 11, 2010, At the New York Comic-Con, GRRM's American publishers announced that ADWD is five chapters away from completion, with those chapters already existing in draft format. Bantam US have confirmed that they want the book completed by Christmas and to be able to announce a release date in the New Year. George R.R. Martin himself has not commented yet on this news.

Shortly after the above, Shawn Speakman, who works for Bantam, confirmed that ADWD is approaching the 1,500 manuscript page cut-off point, and the publishers are discussing with GRRM the possibility of making ADWD even larger than ASoS or pushing more material to Book 6.