Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > What's your book of this year?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Jenkins (onemanrevival) | 3 comments I am curious what everyone's favorite book this year is? Other than the Bible, shout out what your favorite book of 2010 so far is.

For me, it is Faith of a Child by Art Murphy. It is a great read if you have children and are looking for the best ideas to help bring them to understanding and walking with Christ.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

DRAGON SLIPPERS!!!!

*Mrs. Brightside* How it Ends

*Mrs. Brightside* ..What?

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha, yessss

message 6: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments my book is Lord of the Rings

message 7: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

Savannah | 69 comments Mod
I don't know! There's so many awesome books I've read this year. I don't think I could choose. here's a few though: Brisingr, Only the Good Spy Young, The Luxe, Peter and the Starcatchers, Emily the Strange: The Lost Days

*Mrs. Brightside* I just say my favorite for the day..Today, it's Shadow Kiss

message 9: by austen (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:51PM) (new)

austen (oncebef0re) I'd have to say these two:

The Kings of Clonmel
The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8) by John Flanagan
AND
Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue
Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4) by Chuck Black
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Um..have recently read Linger and the percy jackson series! :D

*Mrs. Brightside* I liked the Percy Jackson series.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments they are really good!

*Mrs. Brightside* I didn't see it.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments I love the Percy Jackson series so much! The movie bothered me. The character changes were atrocious. Especially how they made Luke the main bad guy and eliminated Kronos. :(

*Mrs. Brightside* ..But Luke kind of was..oh, you're right! Kronos was.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Luke was manipulated, and was already vulnerable from the fact that the Greek gods were really a bunch of immature jerks who neglected their kids. He snapped.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Alex-wa wrote: "Yeah I like Percy Jackson too! What do you think of the movie?"

I think it was really good! But they changed lots of stuff in the movie...it was still well done though, and not as much like Harry Potter as I thought it would be, as they're both by the same director!

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Yes, I enjoy the books more...

*Mrs. Brightside* Yup.

message 21: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 16 comments Gone With The Wind... And Scarlett

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments what, by Cathy Cassidy??

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments ROOM IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a friend lent it to me and i love it SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

message 24: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 16 comments Ha ha...

*Mrs. Brightside* I haven't..yet! I'm reading Impulse (Impulse, #1) by Ellen Hopkins

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Alex-wa wrote: "I'm reading The Hunger Games right now, because a friend recommended it to me. I'm on chapter six, and so far it's pretty good. Has anybody here read it?"

IT'S AMAZING!! But not as good as the Shiver series...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments I've read it! I love it so much! It's a very interesting concept.

I haven't read Shiver yet, but it's on my list. I'm currently reading the Fellowship of the Ring and will finish the Hobbit once I find my copy again. :S

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "I haven't..yet! I'm reading Impulse (Impulse, #1) by Ellen Hopkins"

I've been meaning to read her books for so long. Let me know what you think. :D

*Mrs. Brightside* Shiver isn't that great /: and Impulse is amazzzzziiiing! I'm lovin' it(; har har

message 31: by Sharon (new)

Sharon I didn't do good this year on my reading. I finished only one, and that was just last month, When God Whispers Your Name, very, very good read, book by Max Lucado.

message 32: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (littlepegleg) | 135 comments I just picked up Randy Alcorn's book "Deadline". Since I took a Bible course from him back in 1983, I have always liked him, so this book should be good. I think he has written 40 books to date. I've only written one :-( (but my family says its a best seller in their opinion!)

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments You've written one, at least! I'd be happy if I wrote just one...

message 34: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments I finished the first book of Lord of the Rings. On to the Two Towers.

*Mrs. Brightside* Was it good?

message 36: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments yep, I always like Lord of the Rings

*Mrs. Brightside* Nope..