Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Season 3 Finale!!!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Overall I was entertained, but disappointed.

Lot's of loose ends, nothing really "concluded" and felt very anti-climactic for me...

Thoughts???

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments I asked the same question in another board. I thought the season finale was basically terrible.

Overall I wasn't impressed with this season at all. Way too many story lines going on and some just completely stupid. I just can't believe how horrible the finale was. I said to the kids I don't even care about next year. No excitement at all. I think I'll stick to the books.

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Sep 13, 2010 12:48PM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments I don't know...I'm excited to see how a lot of the storylines play out...

...Sookie's character seems to have developed a lot over these last few episodes; I'm wondering what will come of her time in "fairyland"...

...Bill is, of course, not going to die, but I don't think he'll manage to kill Sophie Anne either; I'm interested to see what happens there...

...Sam has a serious dark side, but I feel pretty confident that he didn't actually kill Tommy when he shot at him...

...It looks like Tara's leaving town, and I'd sure like to know where she's going...

...Jason did the right thing, and no good deed goes unpunished; I can see how they might fit book four's plot into season four now...

...Eric and Pam seem to have emerged from this season relatively unscathed--they lost one assassin and one exotic dancer, but they still have Ginger (for now); I'm really glad Eric told Sookie the truth about Bill--she had to end this season really hating both of them...

...The mystery of Jesus is just about the only part that actually seemed to get resolved; I loved Lafayette's line, "So, you're a witch, who's a nurse, who's a dude?" It's fun to make fun of stereotypes... :-)

...Hoyt and Jessica's storyline would have seemed resolved, if not for Hoyt's mama and her firearm shopping...that can't be good.

So overall yeah, not much was actually resolved, and there wasn't a whole lot of tension in the loose ends this season--it was much more understated and subdued, I think, because we all know these characters so well--we know Sookie's not leaving for good; we know Bill's not going to die; we know Sam wouldn't kill Tommy; etc.

But I'm still intrigued, and I can't wait to see what happens next season!

message 4: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments I'm happy that it ended with Sookie finding the truth out about Bill and her rescinding both his and Eric's offers.

I can't wait to find out what happens with Hot Shot and also with Jesus being a witch and to see what they tie into the fourth book and what is done differently. I really hope Eric gets amnesia even if it's not the exact same story line.

Did anyone see the weird thing in Jessica and Hoyt's house at the end when the screen panned down to show a doll on the floor? That felt creepy to me. And his mom is just crazy!

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I wasn't totally impressed with the season finale.

I am SO happy they put Russel somewhere he can cool off. I was a little surprised that Bill pushed Eric in though.

I am pleased they are going to do more with Sookie's fairy bloodline.

I am pleased Hoyt and Jessica are back together(for now).

I guess Jesus is the "Bob" of the series. That's fine with me.

Now we have to wait for summer to find out what happens.

message 6: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments Colette wrote: "I'm happy that it ended with Sookie finding the truth out about Bill and her rescinding both his and Eric's offers.

I can't wait to find out what happens with Hot Shot and also with Jesus being ..."

Didn't that crazy girl that Hoyt was dating carry around dolls?

message 7: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Yes, she had her little doll collection to dinner with them the day they went antiquing. I said the same thing...hmmmm....creepy dolly left in the middle of the room is foreshadowing something!!!

Oh yeah, his mom is fixin to shoot that evil vampire.

I am trying to separate from the books, even in doing so it was still just blah for me. We did have closure of Russell burried in the cement and Sookie finally having enough ammunition to send Bill packing. My biggest holy crap moment was when we find out that Bill had set up for Sookie to be beaten to a pulp by that V-stealing couple in the first season....that was a shock to me.

I hae heard here and on other discussions that people are upset that Eric hasn't shown his conflicted care for Sookie in the show yet and that they don't know how they are going to make it work for their love interest in the future, but if I remember my books right, it wasn't until Eric got amnesia that Sookie or Eric began to actually have feelings. That was when the real Eric shone through and she realized he had a heart and all....just saying....

Don't care if Tara is gone, Don't like Bad Sam, Hate the Hot Shot people....My boyfriend never read the books and I have friends who didn't eaither and they have the same feelings about most of the issues I have with the show so I know it is not just a "because I read the books I have a different opinion on the show" thing...

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Sloppy is the word for it. Eric was willing to die with Russell, and not have some one come out and save him. Then Godric appears like some kind of Obbi Wan Kenobie. Use the force Eric,LOL. Bill who has been a good cat all along turns on Eric and tries to kill him. Bill hired the ratrays to beat Sookie near to death. Then kills the Ratrays. What a hap hazzard plot. Whatever Bill does love Sookie. Calvin is shot by his son and the kids a left with Jason. Bizzaro! As all the stuff going on with Sam. The finale just didn't match the rest of the season. Oh and Bill will be more than a match for Sophie Anne. Why? Because he has be drinking a whole lotah fairey blood. I think the only thing I dug was Jessica and Hoyt getting a pad. Are they over looking Jessicas sexual issues. I think it was a good season with a bad finale with way to many loose ends, and no plot line at all. Hung was good,LOL.

message 9: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) I thought the finale was rather uneventful. Don't get me wrong...I liked it (as I always do) but it seemed like a middle of the season show for me.

So what's gonna happen for book / season 4?? They didn't set up for running / amnesia Eric or Jason going missing or anything...oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see!

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess This whole season was just filler for the next one in my opinion. It wasn't as substantial and satisfying as the first two seasons with (again) way to many loose ends. I will be watching next season so that I can hopefully see me an amnesia Eric.

I'm worried for Hoyt and Jessica. They are so cute together and I really don't want his crazy mama and ex to screw with them, but in this kind of show, there has to be some kind of crazy conflict. I'm really interested in Lafyette and Jesus' story and seeing what they do with that.

I really hated Bill this episode, and I think that was the point so they could set up the Eric and Sookie deal for next season.

All in all, I was very dissapointed with this season, but once again, I think it's all filler for things to come. :-)

message 11: by CindyToo (new)

CindyToo | 107 comments I loved this episode and liked the season in general, much more than season 2 (which was full of Ugh except for Jason/Newlins and the Dallas storylines).

I like that there are loose ends that leave me interested in what comes next. I didn't even mind the background subplots.

While Bill may love Sookie more than anyone he's ever loved, I don't think we can believe he's a "good guy." I think we, and Sookie, are just beginning to get an idea as to what kind of guy he is...

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I see Claudine finally came into the "human" world finally.

message 13: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 76 comments Here's some thought I jotted down while I watched it

...Still don’t like how they changed hotshot into meth dealer. Uncle Daddy Calvin that was too hick for me. Wow I guess Calvins storyline will be shorter in the show than in the books. Is Jason not going to be a werepanther in the show?

...Love Hoyt’s story and his mom and scary freaky “girlfriend” Summer not Jessica.

...Russell the talking roasted marshmallow

...OMG Sookie put Talbot-jello down the garbage disposal

...this season of trueblood has been ok but its straying farther and farther from the books

...Alcide is so yummy go for the warm werewolf Sookie!

...I half hoped Tara would kill herself hope she finally gets it together and gets her store or goes off the show for good.

...Whoa Bill..HaHa there it is Bill’s done! next season better be Dead to the World I want Amnesiac Eric!

...I don’t like angry crazy Sam did he just shoot his brother?

...I still don’t know if I like the whole fairy powers thing or going to fairyland.

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
One word: Quinn!

OK, some more words! Season finale was a tad boring and uneventful. There were some great parts though. I love Jason and the stupid stuff he says. Can't believe they killed Calvin off and they're giving the impression that Tara is going to off herself. Jesus a brujo? WTF? I wish Hoyt's mama had been buried in the wet cement with Russell.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) Crispy Russell was funny. I thought Sookie was going to break that crystal vase. Poor Talbot went down the drain. I put my money on Quinn. Do you think they could really get Vin Diesel to play him?

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Crispy Russell was funny. I thought Sookie was going to break that crystal vase. Poor Talbot went down the drain. I put my money on Quinn. Do you think they could really get Vin Diesel to play him?"

LOL! I don't who'd play the Quinn I see in my head when I read the books, but I don't think it'd be Vin Diesel. Quinn isn't introduced until the end of book five, yes?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) He is introduced in Dead to The World, I think. As for Vin Diesel, there is always hoping.

message 18: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments YUM to Vin Diesel! I really liked Quinn in the books and wished she stayed with him...

message 19: by Wendy-Lynn (new)

Wendy-Lynn Love all these comments (especially Susie who was the first to mention Talbot in the garbage disposal). I agree that this season was WAY off base (it's still addicting, though). Don't know why they can't stick to the book instead of having all of these other story lines. As far as Hoyt's mom and Tara, I think they'll be hooking up with "The Fellowship of the Sun" in some capacity next season. Hopefully, Season 4 is better.

message 20: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments Quinn is introduced when Sookie goes with Alcide to help him out when his father is fighting for Pack Leader. But I can't remember what book that's in. I thought it was book 5 but they all just seem to blend together when you've read them so many times. :)

message 21: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 76 comments Well they are skipping around so much in the books because Sookie doesn't meet Hunter till way later and she doesn't find out she is a Fairy till way later All I know is next season had better be amnesiac Eric!

message 22: by CindyToo (new)

CindyToo | 107 comments I didn't get the impression Tara was suicidal, I thought she decided on making a fresh start somewhere away from BT.

message 23: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 76 comments Cindy wrote: "I didn't get the impression Tara was suicidal, I thought she decided on making a fresh start somewhere away from BT."

Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part I just don't like her character at all.

message 24: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Just when Tara seems to be redeeming herself she becomes a basket case again! Talk about an Emotional Rollercoaster!!!

I don't know about making a fresh start, she didn't take anything with her at all. She also didn't seem suicidal either...not sure where they will take it.

message 25: by CindyToo (new)

CindyToo | 107 comments Tara's conversation with Lettie Mae was eerily similar to their conversation about Eggs last season and I think Tara might have started realizing how self-deceptive she had been herself.

message 26: by Wendy-Lynn (new)

Wendy-Lynn I think next season, Tara will join "The Fellowship of the Sun" with Hoyt's mom and plot against the vampires.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I really hope she doesn't join FoTS.

message 28: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 76 comments Well they'd be able to brainwash her fast seems like anyone can get in her head!

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan Was I the only person who wanted to puke while looking at Russell? Vampire/Werewolf gore doesn't bother me in tv or movies, but seeing him burned about made me choke. YUUUCCKKK!

I must include this so don't yell at me or judge me : I HATE BILL STILL (posibly even more than before)

Hopefully Tara can start over somewhere and clear her head. I have hopes for her yet.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Was I the only person who wanted to puke while looking at Russell? Vampire/Werewolf gore doesn't bother me in tv or movies, but seeing him burned about made me choke. YUUUCCKKK!

I must include ..."

I'm with you, Megan. It was fairly disgusting. I kept hoping someone would put a bag over his head or something. *shudders* Ugh...all flaky and stuff.

I'm not a Bill fan either, but I was quite surprised with him trying to kill Eric, Pam and the Queen. Bill has finally grown a pair...too little to late, imo.

message 31: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Was I the only person who wanted to puke while looking at Russell? Vampire/Werewolf gore doesn't bother me in tv or movies, but seeing him burned about made me choke. YUUUCCKKK!

I must include ..."

I thought it was pretty gross too and the sounds it made...yuk

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I think I preferred Russell crispy and charbroiled. :)

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan my husband kept laughing at me because I had to cover my face with my hand and peek threw my fingers to miss his toasty ass, eww, I'm physically making myself sick thinking of it now *cringes* I don't think I'll be able to help my husband clean out our fireplace this winter without getting sick.

Why does Eric still look cute burned? It makes me want to play nurse with him and make him all better (notice word ALL), lol

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan on a side note, I've been trying to quit smoking for the past month without success. But after seeing Russell all ashy, I can't smoke. Its awful, he reminds me of the end of a cigarette. So True Blood has done something positive in my life, made me quit smoking! I'm just trying to take it day by day without losing my mind. Wish me luck!

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) hahahah, well next time you need a smoke Megan, you can think of poor Russell, all crispy. :)

message 36: by Wendy-Lynn (new)

Wendy-Lynn Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "on a side note, I've been trying to quit smoking for the past month without success. But after seeing Russell all ashy, I can't smoke. Its awful, he reminds me of the end of a cigarette. So True ..."

Good luck with quitting smoking Megan. It must be tough. Glad to see that the season finale had some positive impact.

message 37: by Zombette (new)

Zombette | 11 comments Grrrr all this book talk is driving me bonkers. I haven't read any of them and I don't really want to because I don't want my mind warped by oh this didn't happen in the book why is it happening on the show? But I also want to read the books because I want to. HAHA

message 38: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Was I the only person who wanted to puke while looking at Russell? Vampire/Werewolf gore doesn't bother me in tv or movies, but seeing him burned about made me choke. YUUUCCKKK!

I must include ..."

I also hate Bill!

message 39: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments Zombette wrote: "Grrrr all this book talk is driving me bonkers. I haven't read any of them and I don't really want to because I don't want my mind warped by oh this didn't happen in the book why is it happening o..."

The books are amazing you should definitely read them. It sucks that when you read the books you are constantly questioning the V series or Movie that is made after it, but it's also fun to compare and contrast them. And there are alot of things good in the tv show that were nto in the book, like Jessica's character. And also Lafayette's character.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Cary wrote: "Sloppy is the word for it. Eric was willing to die with Russell, and not have some one come out and save him. Then Godric appears like some kind of Obbi Wan Kenobie. Use the force Eric,LOL. Bill wh..."

Bill didn't seem in character. Shoving Eric in surprised me too. I don't like the way they went about with the betrayal, it was much stronger in the book, but I guess it had to happen. Not crazy about the Rattrays thing.

Agree on Godric...odd, but this doesn't bother me too much.

The Jesus character is strange and not sure where they're going with for that yet.

I wasn't happy with how cruel Sookie seemed sometimes at the beginning, seemed out of character, and I hate how they're doing the fairy stuff for the show, it seems ... well, dumb. So the final scene clearly didn't do much for me.

I also don't like the death of Calvin and Jason taking over as hero for the town. Yeah it's not the books and Calvin is not the same Calvin, but what's with Jason being the caregiver for these people suddenly?

message 41: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Maybe Jesus will be involved with the Witches that take away Eric's memory...or has something to do w/ the battle.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I hope Jesus is included in that. He seems to be the "Bob" character in the book.

message 43: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Sherri wrote: "Maybe Jesus will be involved with the Witches that take away Eric's memory...or has something to do w/ the battle."

I thought that too.

message 44: by Julia (new)

Julia | 58 comments Several different thoughts:

*I don't believe that Calvin's going to stay dead.

*Jesus being a brujo didn't surpise me at all, based on his and Lafayette's vision in the ep before.

*The same way Eric didn't stay in the concrete, I'm not sure that Russell stayed either...

*Toasty marshmallow Russell was very funny, disturbing and great f/x.

*Is it possible that doll in Hoyt & Jessica's house is a bomb? Maybe it's a doll of Jessica's that Summer & Hoyt's scary mom stole and burned-- as a warning. They are freaky scary and I fear for Jessica, but I don't think they're going to link up with FotS, she's just going to (try to) kill her.

message 45: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacywells) | 45 comments Cary wrote: "Sloppy is the word for it. Eric was willing to die with Russell, and not have some one come out and save him. Then Godric appears like some kind of Obbi Wan Kenobie. Use the force Eric,LOL. Bill wh..."

your comments always crack me up...and usually right on!! love em!!

message 46: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) I hate Godric's appearance, so useless and lame. One of the most cringeworthy scenes in TB so far.
I dislike Sookie even more with her weird laugh when flushing Talbot.
I was gutted to see Hoyt's mom being so cruel and twisted. Intervention? Guns? Geez, why can't they both runaway some place else?

Gosh what a crappy finale. Not sure whether I'd be so enthusiastic on the next season *sigh

message 47: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) The only reason why I am looking forward to next season is b/c I have high hopes that it will be like Book 4...which was my favorite of them all!

message 48: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacywells) | 45 comments Sherri wrote: "The only reason why I am looking forward to next season is b/c I have high hopes that it will be like Book 4...which was my favorite of them all!"

So true!! I think they set it up perfect for that to happen.