Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

And Everything Else > Thriller/Horror/Suspense

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne (rschmread) | 41 comments I noticed there was no Thriller Category, and if there is one, I have not found it (Consider me slow at finding what I'm looking for)...
So, here is my Thriller recommendation/consideration/discussion post:

310 pages -- (a thriller romance series opener into the lives of Quincie, Keiren, and "Bradley"--a strange, unnatural kind of triangle of individuals. The story focuses on their causes, which mix well at times and at others--don't. The story drags at a few points, and dunks hard-core into stream-of-consciousness style, but all in all it is a great thriller paranormal romance series opener. If you, say, chose to read just this, I do believe you would be satisfied with the story and how it ended. I was.)
Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith -- 310 pages not including the picture on the last page.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments Thanks for starting the thread! I just read The House of Dead Maids which was definitely more horror than just regular paranormal/fantasy. It's really short and by one of my favorite authors - Clare Dunkle and really was very dark and I had to stop reading it late at night the first night because I was seriously creeped out.

I enjoyed Tantalize too - she's finally putting out a book that will have characters from that book again - can't remember the title tho.