You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Religion > The Bible

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Discuss!

Literal? Not literal, but still useful? Rubbish? Anything else?

message 2: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Here I am reading this book o it Fidelity of Betrayal

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Rubbish, but you guys were expecting as much from me.

message 4: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments The bible is my code for morality, of course it's true.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Mitch wrote: "The bible is my code for morality, of course it's true."

Have you read it?

message 6: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Mitch wrote: "The bible is my code for morality, of course it's true."

how do you know???

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Air wrote: "Rubbish, but you guys were expecting as much from me."

You're the reason I put that as an option. ;)

message 8: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments I've taken bible studies class, so yes I have read it.

I know because it's the word of the lord.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten *high fives Mitch* Yup. So is the BOM.

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Mitch wrote: "I've taken bible studies class, so yes I have read it.

I know because it's the word of the lord."

Written by humans.

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Air wrote: "Rubbish, but you guys were expecting as much from me."

You're the reason I put that as an option. ;)"

Ah I love you guys.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Mitch wrote: "The bible is my code for morality, of course it's true."

Did you know that it says if a girl is raped, the man has to pay her father and marry her?

message 13: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Mitch wrote: "I've taken bible studies class, so yes I have read it.

What do you mean by "word of the Lord"???

message 14: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments *high fives back*

What's the BOM?

message 15: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Mitch what evidence do you have for the Bible being "God" breathed????

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Mitch wrote: "I've taken bible studies class, so yes I have read it.

Did you guys do the whole Bible? In my Scripture class, we got through, like six or seven chapters.

message 17: by Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten (last edited Sep 12, 2010 07:06PM) (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Book or Mormon. Sorry. Yes, I'm Mormon, or LDS if you'd prefer.

Look, the prophets commune with God. They are prophets I have yet to hear of one, whos intentions are purely to mislead people. So why wouldn't it be "God breathed"? And truthfully, it's impossible for us to proove something like this.

Lol. you should be glad we have the BOM, actually. I learned the most interesting, but so "OH. DUH!" thing in Sunday School today....

message 18: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Well there are incredible contradictions and mixed messages in scripture.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten People have tampered with the Bible. It's not completely true, but it's not completely inaccurate either. You just have to read it, expecting to see some faults. I myself wouldn't take everything literally. I would do more research.

message 20: by Courtney (last edited Sep 14, 2010 05:46AM) (new)

Courtney | 99 comments I went to a Bible school in junior high, my teacher taught us that the creepy thing about the Bible is that greek has so many more translations then english. Like there are 12 different greek meanings of the word heaven, all with different meanings

Does that mean that there are
12 different heavens?

message 22: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Courtney wrote: "I went to a Bible school in junior high, my teacher taught us that the creepy thing about the Bible is that greek has so many more translations then english. Like there are 12 different greek meani..."

she's right and congrats on going to an actual sane Bible school.......

message 23: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments Courtney wrote: "I went to a Bible school in junior high, my teacher taught us that the creepy thing about the Bible is that greek has so many more translations then english. Like there are 12 different greek meani..."

no, its just translations from one real Haven. There are also '3 Heavens'. One Heaven is the air, then space, then the actual Heaven.

message 24: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments what are you talking about??

message 25: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments what we are talking about...what Courtney asked.

message 26: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments it makes no sense.....

message 27: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments well just think about it. Air/sky, Space, and Heaven. The three types of 'heavens'.

And I was just saying that there is only one Heaven (the one where God is), and that the 12 different Greek meanings of the word heaven, are just...well definition's.

message 28: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments okay I get it

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments ^ when I think about all of these "The Divine Comedy" comes to mind

message 30: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Ergh what was the divine comedy about I cant remember

(What about Dantes Inferno lol that book is messed up)

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Divine Comedy is Dante's Inferno, Pugatoreo, (and Heaven?)

message 32: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments oh lol i feel stupid yeah thats right but the messed up parts are when he goes through hell and purgatory (I have never actually read it but if I got a copy of it I would)

message 33: by Courtney (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:47PM) (new)

Courtney | 99 comments I actually had to read inferno in (public) school, random I know.
I know after the Inferno there is a book called Pugatoreo
but does Dante ever travel through
heaven in a third book?

message 34: by Marco (last edited Sep 16, 2010 02:11PM) (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 72 comments Live in faith, live in belief, live in life

message 35: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Im not sure let me look it up......

Wiki says that the divine comedy includes Dante's journey through Hell (book: Inferno) Purgatory (book: Purgatorio) and heaven (Book: Paradiso)

message 36: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 72 comments they're reading Dante's inferno in public school these days? Wow!

message 37: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments I didn't but she did. Though I kind of want to read it sounds interesting.

message 38: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 72 comments I've never read it either, but for my friends and I it was all kind of mythical and psychedelic.

I should read more.

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Ok weird random debate comment, but in the Bible were Johnathan and David homosexual, I know this has been debated everywhere but nowhere here

message 40: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 72 comments don't know, what scripture do you have?

David was definately a horny male, but homo, i don't know where the Word says this

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Just NIV, just wondering, it doesn't say in the scripture, but it may or may not allude to a relashionship between them.

message 42: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoreads) | 72 comments do me a favor and find the verses, ok?

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments ok

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments 2 Samuel 1:26

I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
more wonderful than that of women.

message 45: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Bromance

message 46: by Dibily Do (last edited Sep 16, 2010 05:40PM) (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments Courtney wrote: "2 Samuel 1:26

I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
more wonderful than that of women."

have you ever thought of it this way? Brotherly Love. Jonathan was such a good friend of David, that in some ways, he was more loyal then a real wife.

Your love for me was wonderful

its not the love any one is thinking about, its a different love, there is different typs of love including: Brotherly Love, Physical love, and Eternal Love(I don't know if there is more but...)
Now in this case, they were talking about Brotherly Love. Because I know that nether David or Jonathan was gay. And plus, David was grieving for Jonathan

Jonathan was Saul's son, and Saul wanted to kill David. Jonathan tricked his father so David could get away. He was Davids very best friend.

*Mrs. Brightside* NSA..is that like, your initials?

message 48: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "NSA..is that like, your initials?"

what?

*Mrs. Brightside* N.S.A..or just, something else?

message 50: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 200 comments oh, NSA is fine

« previous 1