What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about children leading minature soldiers into battle

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven (slashsmugface) | 12 comments I'm looking for a book with a black cover that has three children on it. One is an average looking boy with brown hair. One is a chubby boy and the last is a girl with blond hair. They are holding red and white bombs that would be dropped from an aircraft. They have over sized heads and there are miniature soldiers at their ankles.

"The book took place in the future, possibly around 2120. Three young adults either enlisted or were selected for military service. They were being groomed for a leadership position; an officer or a commander or something of that nature. Each young adult had command of a platoon of miniature soldiers, maybe 4"-8" tall. The characters were in charge of training and carrying out combat training operations with these soldiers.

The main characters led the miniature soldiers into combat and commanded them against other armies. The main characters were non-combatants, and merely served to command the troops from a god's eye view.

The main characters actually went into combat near the end of the book, and some of them died, but I can't remember clearly enough.

I think I read this between 4th and 7th grade. I read way above my grade level though, so it might be more geared toward 7th-9th graders. The book is 4.5" by 6"."

NOTE!: These details may not be accurate.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments There are no toy soldiers in this book, but a lot of video games etc. Children are being trained for the military in future, boys and girls, and do lead the military and go into combat, in space.

Ender's Game
Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Steven about when did you read the book?

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven (slashsmugface) | 12 comments Deborah wrote: "There are no toy soldiers in this book, but a lot of video games etc. Children are being trained for the military in future, boys and girls, and do lead the military and go into combat, in space.

..."

My first guess was Ender's Game but that's not right. Thanks anyway

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven (slashsmugface) | 12 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Steven about when did you read the book?"

I didn't read the book but I am searching for the book for someone. They e-mailed me with additional information.

"I believe the name of the book was something along the lines of "War Games" or "Small Soldiers", but I know it's neither of these, Google searches of those titles yield no results. I remember the title had to deal with war, in fact I'm pretty confident that "war" was in the title.

I probably read this between 1998 and 2001."

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Steven, since you are requesting for someone else, do you want people to continue to search?

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

No idea is Steven is still active or not--he's set to private. But I sent him a PM. If he doesn't respond, the next Mod to read this thread can move it down to Abandoned

message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven (slashsmugface) | 12 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "No idea is Steven is still active or not--he's set to private. But I sent him a PM. If he doesn't respond, the next Mod to read this thread can move it down to Abandoned"

This thread can be deleted.

message 9: by Andy Phillips (new)

Andy Phillips | 185 comments Steven,
Can it be deleted because you don't need to know the answer any more, or because you found it? Do you know what the book is please?

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 23, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

Steven was searching for it for someone else. He must not be in contact with them any more. I've moved this down to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ender's Game (other topics)