Between the Lines discussion

Reading Goals > 50 books in 2010.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by galya (new)

galya With school starting, I won't be able to finish all 50, but I'm still proud. :)

message 3: by Marie-vicky (new)

Marie-vicky (grimace) | 5 comments Hey, 27 it's a great achievement Maybe you won"t be able to finish but there are 3 month left...just keep going.Personnally I won't finish it either but if i hit 30 I will be proud.

message 4: by galya (new)

galya Marie-vicky wrote: "Hey, 27 it's a great achievement Maybe you won"t be able to finish but there are 3 month left...just keep going.Personnally I won't finish it either but if i hit 30 I will be proud."

Ditto to that!! :)

message 5: by galya (new)

galya 28. collected poems 1922-1938 by E.E.Cummings.
I didn't enjoy him very much.

message 6: by galya (new)

galya 29. Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir

Picking up this book I was very skeptical. When I met the guy at the book signing, he was a big jerk. But as I finished the book today, it made me realize a lot about who he is, and I gained a lot of respect for this guy. Good book.

message 7: by Melissa (last edited Sep 21, 2010 09:30AM) (new)

Melissa (melitious) You're doing a great job, so far!! I made it to 49 last year, so I'm hoping I can fit in 50 this year. I'm sure you'll be able to get darn close to 50.

And what did you think of Like Water for Chocolate?

message 8: by galya (new)

galya Melissa wrote: "You're doing a great job, so far!! I made it to 49 last year, so I'm hoping I can fit in 50 this year. I'm sure you'll be able to get darn close to 50.

And what did you think of Like Water for..."

Thank you! Good luck to you, also!!

I thought it was a bit strange, of course. Overall, it was an interesting story, but I didn't enjoy the writing as much.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melitious) I agree. It was odd. I can't remember if it was translated or not -- if it was, something might have been lost in translation. It was also made into a movie. The movie was entertaining, and very close to the book, if you like movies with subtitles.

message 10: by galya (new)

galya I started watching it, but I didn't want my mother to say to me "What kind of movies do you watch?!" lol. But from what I saw, it was very close to the text.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melitious) I actually think it translated really good into a movie. Actually saw the movie first in a Spanish class I took in college and when I was reading the book several years later, I could still picture the movie. Sometime when your mom isn't around, you should give it another try.

message 12: by galya (new)

galya Definately. I just need to get Netflix now that I've moved out.

message 13: by galya (new)

galya 30. Beetle in the Anthill

The book ended in mystery, but other than that it was quite interesting!

message 14: by Aline (new)

Aline (aline1102) This is a great list! Do you intend to do beter in 2011?

message 15: by galya (new)

galya Definately! A few books set me back, like Catch-22 and Atlas Shrugged.