TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Rizzoli & Isles

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments This is a female driven crime show, Homicide Detective & Medical Examiner based on Tess Gerritson series of books.

I had read 3 of TG's books prior to the show and have read a few more since. I like the show and am liking the way the women are portrayed in the show better then in the books! The characters are a little dull in the earlier books, in the show they draw you in more. Though I am not liking the FBI agent Gabriell. I liked the image I had of him from the book better.

And this last episode, where Maura finds family...coincidentally I had recently finished the novel on the same topic. TOTALLY different story except for the fact that Maura finds family. It made this episode a little disappointing but it does open up future story lines. I suppose they can't just follow all the books other wise people would never read the books or watch the show.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Cox (sandracox) | 3 comments I've just recently started watching this one.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I'm surprised that i like it. I was just going to watch it to see how crappy it was going to be, and it turned out to be a really good show.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Cox (sandracox) | 3 comments Do you watch Closer? I've gotten sucked into that. I enjoy it.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yeh i've watched the Closer from the beginning.

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Lori said: "I was just going to watch it to see how crappy it was going to be...."

That was my original intention too. But I actually like how most of the characters are potrayed on the show better then the books! And I am surprised, they do a decent job of fitting a good mystery into an hour.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I never really cared for Angie Harmon on L&O. But on here as Jane i like her a lot. And Sasha Alexander whom i did like on NCIS plays Maura very well. Kind of like an Oscar and Felix kind of vibe. It works no matter how you look at it. I haven't watched the season finale yet.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Lori THANKS, I knew I knew the characters, but couldn't place them! I really think I like this show, I haven't gotten into a new cop drama in a while, but this one seems to ring a little more true than most. I love the family drama on top of everything else, and what a cliff hanger for a first season!

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments That is a major cliffhanger. Are we going to have to wait until next summer for it to come back?

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I still haven't watched it yet. Roxy i seen where some of the shows are going to come back in November, but i'm not sure which ones.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I've read a couple of the books, not the original two it was based on though. I actually like the characters in the show better then the book...there is more to them. There are some differences but I think you will like it. As for differences in stories....I am not sure if every episode is based on a book but I recently saw one that based on Isles finding family and it was COMPLETELY different then the book.

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments FYI: new season to start in June

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments I've only watched one episode online : The Boston Strangler and was very impressed. I hoped to watch more. btw, if you're a Tess Gerritsen Fan, please consider joined the Tess Gerritsen Fans group on goodreads - I'm moderator :-)

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Thanks, Dustin. I'll be looking you guys up shortly.

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hey, gang. Here is the link to the Tess Gerritsen Fans Group that Dustin mentioned above.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Thanks Roxy! So, which Rizzoli & Isles episode should I watch next?

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Here's the link to the TNT Rizzoli & Isles Homepage:

http://www.tnt.tv/series/rizzoliandis...

Full Episodes are available to watch online for FREE! This is an amazing show (at least as far as I can tell from the one episode I have watched so far :-)

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I can't wait for it to start again

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Terri wrote: "I can't wait for it to start again"

:-) You won't have to wait much longer. July 11th I believe and TNT has been showing reruns from last season :-)

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Thanks Dustin, I didn't know when this show was back on and its one I don't want to miss! It has actually made me want to read the book, maybe a new summer read????

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Anyone watch the premier last night?

message 22: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments I watched the begining, but sadly didn't make it all the way through (my fault not the shows!) gonna try and catch it some time this week since TNT is so good at replay shows over and over.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Roxy wrote: "Anyone watch the premier last night?"

I watched the following night thanks to my DVR. I am still catching up on some season one episodes also. I thought they did a good job with the first episode of Season Two. There is a military theme & the opening scene will give you a clue as to what going to happen.

I'm not that good at figuring out mysteries but I figured this one out pretty easily - actually to be honest most of the Rizzoli & Isles have been pretty easy to figure out. They only have one hour to give the story - one person (other than the main characters) is focused on a bit more & there you have your killer.

I'm enjoying the show. I love the main characters and their humor, don't mind the changes - the stories are good but it's too easy for me to figure out the killer that all :-)

message 24: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm the same as you Dustin. When I sit down to read a mystery or watch one on tv my goal is not to figure it out, I just want to be entertained. So if I have it figured out before it is over, I consider it an easy mystery. The show does seem to cram a big case into a little hour. They've done it relatively well so far so I think their goal is to entertain with the mystery but that the characters are their main concern.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments I'm all caught up on the show now :-) The season one Finale was amazing and I immensely enjoyed this week's episode dealing with the fertility clinic.

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I meant to come in hear after the episode about the kidnapped girl. Wow, that first scene gave me chills. That never happens at the start of a show or movie.

I'm calling it now......I think at some point there will be a little something between Jane's mom and Korsak!

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments I think that kidnapping episode is my favorite so far - very emotionally charged.

Are some little dogs really allergic to poultry then? I didn't know that. I thought chicken was good for dogs - only bigger dogs?

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Dustin, I wondered the same thing. It seemed like an odd thing to make up but then why would only little dogs be more prone to that?

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy My mom's dog does that all the time, weird.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Tracy wrote: "My mom's dog does that all the time, weird."

You mean eats chicken or licks her/his paws? or both? because if it's both, then I now know why. Your mom's little dog is clearly allergic to poultry. I learn a lot from watching Rizzoli & Isles :-)

message 31: by Tracy (new)

Tracy You mean eats chicken or licks her/his paws? or both? because if it's both, then I now know why. Your mom's little dog is clearly allergi..."

DC you are crazy!! He licks his paws, doesn't eat chicken and watches R&I every monday night.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Tracy wrote: "watches R&I every monday night. "

Such a good little dog. (is he a little dog?) He is a better dog than I because I missed this last episode - will have to catch up over the weekend :-)

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy He is a laso apso, which is a small dog. I missed the last episode as well. It comes on at 9pm here and Monday night football was on. Ahh, the sacrifice we must make for sports. Actually, the only sport I am into is pro football. I am going to watch R&I today though.

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie Love this show!!

message 35: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments What did everyone think of the season finale. Catch the "product placement" of TG's book?

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Roxy wrote: "What did everyone think of the season finale. Catch the "product placement" of TG's book?"

Yes :-) loved it. Happen to know when we will see new episodes of Rizzoli & Isles again?

message 37: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments My guess is not until next summer.

message 38: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 599 comments It'll be back this tuesday, yeah I love this show have yet to read the books though.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Timothy wrote: "It'll be back this tuesday"

:-) Good to know

message 40: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Timothy wrote: "It'll be back this tuesday, yeah I love this show have yet to read the books though."

Glad it's back and yes, I have read the books. The only thing the books and the shows have in common are the characters names. I like them both you just have to look at them as separate entities.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Tracy wrote: "Timothy wrote: "The only thing the books and the shows have in common are the characters names."

:-) I think there is a bit more in common than just the names (although I do agree there were a lot of changes - including Jane's brother being on the police force with her). Besides the names, the roles also stayed pretty close Jane Rizzoli is a detective with Boston P.D. and Maura Isles is a Medical Examiner. I know in the tv series they expanded the role of Jane's mom so she was actually living in Maura's guest house, which of course didn't happen in the books.

I would say they changed Maura more than Jane - In the Rizzoli & Isles tv series, Maura's hair color changed as well as her personality. She became more interested in fashion and a funnier character that would say strange things in social situations.

message 42: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 599 comments Awesome season premire. Picks up imeditately were it left off last season.

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli Renewed for another season!!

message 44: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 599 comments I love this show, as much as I love the books. And next week it looks like it will revolv around isle's mother "real mother".

message 45: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Timothy wrote: "I love this show, as much as I love the books. And next week it looks like it will revolv around isle's mother "real mother"."

I thought that in the show she likes her mother but in the books, well don't want to give it away for people who haven't read it yet but she didn't like her. Or do I have this wrong?

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Have we met Maura's "real mother"?
We met her upper-class adoptive mother and her father of course. I haven't seen all the new episodes but I don't remember her real television mother.

:-) Maura's by the book real mother is very memorable though.

message 47: by Timothy (last edited Jun 30, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 599 comments No we have not met her real mother yet. Her father told her that she was dead.

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 213 comments Well this will be good then :-)

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Well of course Franky didn't get promoted to a detective in Homocide....HE ONLY RECENTLY BECAME a PATROLMAN!!!

message 50: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I really love this show and the leads! I read a few of the earlier books, but the third (I think) was a little too gory/disturbing for me.

Also, I loved the casting of Sharon Lawrence as Maura's biological mom. The resemblance between the two actresses is amazing.

« previous 1