TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dempcey (new)

Dempcey | 8 comments I'm all for kinky, a bit of experimentation and all the wonder things a man and woman can do and be together, but an ice cold male member forever is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Someone as hard as stone, not a trait a normal person would desire.

How in the hell can an entire high school body miss the fact that these "odd students" have golden eyes? Not wonder why it is so that these odd students are never around when the sun is? No one ever accidentally bumped into one in the packed hallways and notice that these odd students are hard as stone and as cold as ice? There are just way too many "what if's" om this story that are just painfully insulting to ones intelligence.

The "love story" within the story: If anyone has teenagers or had one knows that the "love" Bella expresses for Edward last all of about a month. Ok Ok I exsagerate a bit, but teenagers haven't a clue what love for a mate truly is. Love is exciting because it is new and unexplored territory. If we had an epilogue of Bella and Edward in 2 years, one of them more than likely one of them would have offed the other or less dramatically went off to hunt and never returned.

This was a book that the movie producers could have actually made better than the book and yet they managed to make it worse and I thought that was impossible.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 170 comments i agree with the points you're making, mostly. but some teenagers do have a clue 'what love for a mate truly is'.
my mum got married when she was 19, and here she is, still married over 20 years later.
but in bella's case, i agree, she has no idea.

message 3: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments yeah, only one thing that movie producers made better than the book: they cast robert pattinson as edward and taylor lautner as jacob. look how popular this movies right now because of them

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah, if they had not cast those two men, the movie would lose around a quarter of its veiwers.

message 5: by Dempcey (new)

Dempcey | 8 comments Laura darlin, I'm not insulting teenagers. I was one and I raised three. There are always exceptions to the rules, but this story is not one that a young person should take to heart. The author is suggesting Bella and Edward are "soul mates". If one knows what love is anyone can be a soul mate.

Taylor yes, his acting is natural. In fact one can get the sense that he isn't acting that far out of reach of his own personality, but the acting of Robert as Edward is just painful to watch. He has much better work, but then again I'm not start struck or a teenager in search of adventure any more =p

message 6: by Dempcey (new)

Dempcey | 8 comments By the way the make artist needs to be fired as well! The make up on the vampires is becoming worse!!!

message 7: by Kimathy (new)

Kimathy hehehehe, painted abs...

message 8: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments I don't like the way kristen stewart (bella) act. It just too painful to watch, she really CAN'T act!!!

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments She cannot. She's like Sarah Jessica Parker in Did You Hear About the Morgans, (I just watched it) shaking her head as she talks.

message 10: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments haha, i haven't watched that movie. i like sarah jessica parker more than k.stew... she (kristen) seems so arrogant

message 11: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I cannot really judge her as a person becuase I don't know her, and the most I can deduce (I used an Edgeworth word *giggle*) from the gossip magazines I read is that she is really afraid of crouds and gets exceptionally nervous when going out on the red carpet and such.

message 12: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments yeah, i already read about that too. and even with that fact, i still CANNOT like her...! there is something in her attitude that make me wanna punch her face :-P

message 13: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Well....if I were you I wouldn't punch her.....

message 14: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments yeah,i know.coz all of her fans will kill me if i do that..

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments And, if you managed to live, you'd be sued.

message 16: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments haha,yeah..it's not great like it seems. thanks for remind me to the fact :-D

message 17: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Velcome.

message 18: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments I heard she did a fanastic job as Joan Jett, but Bella isn't that great of a character anyway.

message 19: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments What movie was that from?? I might have to see it.

I just can't picture her putting emotion into her voice.

message 20: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments @Rose: you are absolutely right! i can't imagine that either. she is just a really bad actress in my eyes

message 21: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments She's just a bad actress.

I am so happy becuase now I can actually tell if someone is a good actor or not. YAY!!!!!

message 22: by Lope (last edited Sep 27, 2010 09:44PM) (new)

Lope | 80 comments haha... actually i think dakota fanning (who plays jane in New Moon and Eclipse) is a good actress. she just stupid because she wanna play in movies that really suck (*Twilight Saga*). you guys should watch her performance in good movies like "Hide and Seek" and "Uptown Girl", she really can act :-)

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I used to hate Dakota Fanning. HATE!! I don't remember why, but I think it was becuase she was in some movie I didn't like. And I don't like her name either.

message 24: by Lope (last edited Sep 28, 2010 08:37PM) (new)

Lope | 80 comments hmmm.... i used to like her, actually. but after she doing "that movie", i don't have any respect for her anymore

message 25: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments hahaha... maybe her contact lens hurt her eyes :-)

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I think those contact lenses look really fake.

Obviously they won't look perfectly real, becuase humans can't have red eyes. But......

message 27: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments but i think it's too hard if they change all vampires eye colors digitally at every single frame in the movie. I think edward/ jane/ aro still have to wear contact lens.

anyway, why we are talking about this? :-)

message 28: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments No, they're real contact lenses. I read it in a gossip mag.

Most reliable source, don't you think?

message 29: by Lope (new)

Lope | 80 comments hahaha... :-D

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Thank you, thank you.