TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Twilight: Characters of Shame > Teenage Agonizing

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dempcey (new)

Dempcey | 8 comments Bella: She is a teenager, 17 years old. What teenager isn't confused and feeling "lost"? What teenager makes "wise" love life decisions? Not many and this is a story of a girl that chose so poorly she died for it.

The character is so damn selfish. What person would abandon their own loving, open minded parents and friends? Not care how those that love her will suffer emotionally at her seemingly loss?

What kind of a moron wants death, destruction, murder and hiding forever? A life of concealment, moving, graduating over and over again?

Sigh and the actress that plays as Bella Swan is perhaps one of the worst actresses. Would she EVER close her mouth? Does someone think her baby teeth (overly large front teeth) are attractive so much so that they instructed her to keep her lips agape? Her mouth is open 90% of the time!

Teenage agonizing...revolting. Please don't misunderstand me, I was a teenager once and I raised 3 children. I have nothing against young people whatsoever, but the teenage Bella is a prefect example of what NOT to be when one is growing up.

message 2: by ~Perisi Kitty~ (new)

~Perisi Kitty~ . (haikudancer) | 72 comments agreed

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I don't exactly agree with the first bit, just the "What teenager isn't confused and feeling 'lost?'" bit. But how she makes seemingly perfect decisions and seems to be so much more mature and perfect than her peers is just Mary-sue....ish.

But everything else I agree with.

message 4: by Lope (last edited Sep 12, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

Lope | 80 comments i think what bella do with her own life in the book/movie is basically what every teenagers do at their age. I remember when i was a teenager i runaway from home with my boyfriend for 1 day :-p.

but i absolutely agree bella is not a perfect example for all young adults in the world. ironically, there's many of teenagers (especially female) want to be her, because well... she kiss two sexiest guys in the world right now

message 5: by Rose (last edited Sep 14, 2010 02:30PM) (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I haven't read it, so sometimes I feel kinda shitty talking about it. I think I'll try and read it one day, when I find it in a recycling bin or something. I'm broke anyway, so I wouldn't spend my money on it.

message 6: by Dempcey (new)

Dempcey | 8 comments I read all of the books and painfully watched all the movies thus far *shivers* because I was once told by a person I respected that "If you don't vote then don't bitch." This has applied to a many of things in my life.

I read and watch because I write and this is a prefect example for me of what not to do, which is to get so wrapped up in the fantasy world that I insult the readers intelligence.

message 7: by Kimathy (new)

Kimathy I like to think at i am more mature than my peers (and trust me with someof them kindergartners are). But i'm not Bella bad.She always seems to be sooo high up on her horse. >.<' grrrr

message 8: by Lope (last edited Sep 13, 2010 11:44PM) (new)

Lope | 80 comments I already read all the books, and i found all of them was very disappointed, especially breaking dawn...

about the movies, i think Twilight is actually pretty cool, but New Moon, Eclipse... hm...

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I'm extremely haughty when it comes to my reading and writing abilities, every since about third grade my teachers have praised the level of books I read (I was at the highest level for my elemantary school K-5, in third grade). And my writing ability. Although I've noticed I'm too morbid, look at my stuff, then look at something another classmate of mine did. You can see clear as day that mine has a more understandable plot, more realistic characters and just all-around less first-graderish. I could enter mine in a contest, and he/she could enter theirs, with their bubbly handwriting; and they would win.

This world is so....oh I don't know what the word is.

Got a bit off topic there. XD. That's probably the one trait Bella and I share, we think ourselves as above the rest of our classmates. I must admit, I am just a real bitch when it comes to group projects. I can't let someone else be the leader, I have to do it or I will just kinda shove them off the throne and put my butt in it. I'm truly awful, I must admit. With everything.

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I'm smart when it comes to school and some aspects of pure intelligence, but I rarely get sarcasm, and I'm awful at puzzles of both natures.

Ha, the room gets dark!!! HA!!

message 11: by Kimathy (new)

Kimathy My fellow peers are intolerably stupid. They really are. Of course when i get angry i become like Rose and use sarcasm or logic that goes right over there heads. They don't know i insulted them, but i do. That is good enough for me.

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Now I feel stupid.....Whatever.

I'm not a sarcasm person with it, I'm more "It's my way or the highway," or "Are you really too stupid to know this?" I'm straight out awful about it and I let everyone know it.

message 13: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Ito (ThingsThatGoQuack) | 48 comments (Why do I feel like an intruding adult when I comment, now? Oh, woe is me.)

I'm with Rose...the one with the Spyro (I feel I got that wrong...) icon. I'm horribly blunt, to a point that when I point things out to people, I hurt feelings and leave a dent in someone's pride.

I can't tip-toe around the bush and utilize sarcasm to make my point. However, I couldn't be bossy even if I tried.

I like to feel that my peers are intelligent people who are worth my time, and I don't like to belittle those around me. It could just be that I get along with said people, but it could also be my age group.

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah, it' Spyro from the cover of "The Legend of Spyro: An Eternal Night."

I just recently realized that I'm even worse than I thought. I just got assigned to be partners with this IDIOT. There is no other way to say it.....he is an IDIOT. I'm in all advanced classes, and one of the meain reasons I am is to avoid being with IDIOTS. And somehow he managed to slink his way into my class. And Gawd I want to kill him. I hate working with IDIOTS, I do have a friend who is defintely not the brightest crayon in the box, but she doesn't act like she's smart, she puts herself in the position she knows she's in, asks questions occasionally, but she uses her brain. She knows that the phrase: Reveiw: Define Politcal Party means that the definition of political party is on a previous page in the text book, and she stares at a question and thinks so hard about a question until I can see smoke coming out of her ears. That's when she asks a question. I don't want to be stuck with someone who can't function by themeselves.

But this guy is, he's annoying and he ALWAYS asks for help, even on the stuff we just went over. He acts likes he is the smartest peson, and when I correct him on a grammatical error in his essay, he says "I don't need your English." HE ASKS FOR MY HELP BUT DOESN'T ACCEPT IT.

Now, I just ignore him. And I know it's awful for me to do it, but I do. I can't stand him!

message 15: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Ito (ThingsThatGoQuack) | 48 comments Well, arrogant people are people worth ignoring, especially when they ask for help and never listen when you explain.

What he really wants is for you to cave and do the work for him...so he's arrogant AND lazy.

I deal with stupid people on a daily basis. I work in an over crowded studio working on design for greeting cards and business affairs. Business men aren't smart, surprisingly, especially when they ask for you to make things.

But I can't ignore them, I have to be patient and hope that they know the difference between a professional or casual invitational layout for their latest over-glitzed new years party.

Life, work, and peers are difficult things in difficult situations, but you're better off sticking out your chin and using the best of your brains to try and work for your own gain rather than getting stressed out over morons.

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments XD
You sound like a good advice-giver.

message 17: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Ito (ThingsThatGoQuack) | 48 comments Well, it must be my...maternal instincts..?

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments :)

It very well could.