Delirity discussion

Author S > Shade - J. Smith-Ready

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Oct 15, 2013 01:22PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Shift (Shade, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready Shine (Shade, #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I read this I think it was last month and I ended up enjoying it. I was a little surprised at how much I liked it.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I really liked it, but I'm already forgetting a lot of it and it hasn't been that long.

message 4: by Heather (new)

I'm only half way through, but it's made me cry already.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I really liked this one, thought it was very different from what is out there.

message 6: by Heather (new)

I think I know what's going on with Zack, but besides that I'm unsure where it's all going. Theories abound though.

message 7: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Woo I'm starting this one today :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

I cried twice! Not fair! Maybe I'm just tired and it affected my emotions. Who knows? I enjoyed it. I thought it was going to get off track in the middle, but it managed to come around and it all worked out.

My theories were correct, as well. I'll forgive it for being predictable because it was different in other ways.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Stacia *lollipopping like a mofo wrote: "Yay, another book that I said I was going to read and didn't.

Just realized that somewhere along the line I picked up an arc for Shift (Shade, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready and was wondering if I should bump Shade..."

I really liked Shade. It was very different from so much that is out there. I am really looking forward to Shift. So I vote that you move Shade back up on your list so you can let me know how Shift is.

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Ditto.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just finished Shift and was annoyed by all the teen drama. For me it detracted from the book. I realize that teens are ruled by their hormones, but it was getting a little ridiculous with some of the choices these people made as reactions. Almost all of them regretting things later.

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments My library doesn't have it even listed yet so I can put a hold on it.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Did anyone finish the last book in this series? I have it, but I'm not in a ghost mood. I need motivation.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Heather wrote: "Did anyone finish the last book in this series? I have it, but I'm not in a ghost mood. I need motivation."

I finished it last year. I really liked how it all ended."

Same with me.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Thanks. I have that and the last two Evernight books next after the two I'm reading now. Although, I may just give up on Evernight completely. We'll see.

message 16: by Heather (last edited Oct 16, 2013 06:34PM) (new)

I honestly didn't remember much of this series when I started, but it all came back pretty quickly. I'm only 30-40 pages in, but it's already intense. I get a feeling this is going to be go, go, go until the end.

Also, reading about a plane crash 2 weeks before getting on a plane? Why does this always happen to me? I went to Europe with a class the day after watching Final Destination for the first time. That was nerve racking since it really was the same situation as the movie.

message 17: by Heather (new)

That was really good. It was well-balanced for a conclusion book.