The Mortal Instruments discussion

*Spoilers* Clockwork Angel

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments is there another group for clockwork angel or did no one care enough to talk about it?

message 2: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments did you check for the group?

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie I want to talk about it!!!
Also, this has probably been discussed but Cassandra Clare said Tessa was in City of Glass if you know where to look or something. Has anyone found her? I haven't read CoG for ages so can someone tell me where she is and what's she's doing please?!!! :)

message 4: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 20, 2010 11:15AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) There is a CA group, but I figured someone would put the two series together and talk about it in here too.

I'll discuss it, but am too lazy to cut and paste my discussion questions right now.

I'd like someone to clarify where Tessa is in CoG too. If she is, that means she has some immortal blood in her???

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie Yeah that's what I thought. If we found her in CoG, it might tell us a bit of what's happened in her life, how old she looks, what she's doing now etc. Lots of information could be taken from this!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just went back to another group discussion.

She's in the Epilogue talking to Magnus. I need to go back and read that part.

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie Thanks. If possible (and only if it's like a line or paragraph) could you copy it here please? I don't have CoG so can't re-read that part :(

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ok, was scanning the Q&A with Cassandra Clare group and she gave a FAQ link.

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/faq...

I stole this from that page :

17 b) I have heard Tessa appears in City of Glass. Where is the scene where I can find her?

She is in the epilogue of City of Glass. “‘Magnus stood in the shadow of a tree, talking to a girl in a white dress with a cloud of pale brown hair. She turned as Magnus looked toward them, and Clary locked eyes with her for a moment across the distance that separated them. There was something familar about her, though Clary couldn’t have said it what it was.’”

17c) Is Church the cat immortal or are all Institute cats named Church?

Church is immortal. Same cat in Clockwork Angel as in City of Bones.

message 9: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments wait tessa's immortal too?

message 10: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments oh yeah...warlock... got it...

message 11: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments YEs there is another group please join
The Infernal Devices
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 12: by Josie (new)

Josie Thank you! :)
Hmmmmm...interesting...
So, (assuming Will is just human/shadowhunter although we don't have all the info on his past yet), Tessa is immortal and Will's not. Will's dead at this point? Currently we know Tessa cannot have children so she can't be related to Jace. But... we don't know that for sure and Clary says she looks familiar, could be she reminds her of Jace? Wouldn't Tessa, even just for Will's sake, keep an eye on him? Make herself known? You never know, Clary or Jace might have already spoken to Tessa but just with her in a different shape.

message 13: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 13 comments I don't know why but I really don't believe that Tessa can't have a child...I mean there's always a twist when it comes to Cassandra's story.specially when it seems like a hindrance between the two protagonist,

remember jace and clarry being related, then jace thought to be with demon blood.

though it was said that she is a warlock but she's no ordinary warlock, she's beyond any of her kind. at least that's what I believe

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments she is a special warlock, since she doesn't have a devil mark.

message 15: by Josie (new)

Josie Yeah I was just saying that she couldn't have any children because I was going from the book but I don't really believe that.
What's Magnus's devil mark?

message 16: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments his eyes. he has crazy cat eyes!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

MAGNUS IS UBER COOOOOL!!!!!!!

message 18: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments is anyone disagreeing?

message 19: by Monica (new)

Monica | 12 comments i love magnus and his cat eyes

message 20: by Monica (new)

Monica | 12 comments XD

message 21: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments crazy cat eyes.

message 22: by Monica (new)

Monica | 12 comments so in COG are u sure that it is tessa with magnus cuz it could be anyone

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Clare confirmed it was Tessa during the Q & A :).

message 24: by Monica (new)

Monica | 12 comments oh ok :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. it was tessa. i wonder why clary thought that she looked familiar. . .

message 26: by Josie (new)

Josie Er, it could be that Tessa is related to Jace?? And that's why she looks familiar :S

message 27: by Madeline (new)

Madeline i doubt that. i mean she cant have kids so obviously Jace isnt gonna be in her lineage...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Well . . . we don't know for a fact that she can't have kids. We only know that warlocks are infertile, but we don't know what Tessa is exactly.

message 29: by Madeline (new)

Madeline oh i guess i thought it was decided absolutely that she's warlock... but things change. and its true that they really dont know what she is.
except that she has to be immortal somehow...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly. We see her in City of Glass, so I think it’s safe to presume she is immortal. I could swear I read on one of Clare’s sites (Twitter/Q&A) that Tessa is a completely new kind of downworlder, one we haven’t seen before. But I could be remembering incorrectly.

message 31: by Madeline (new)

Madeline i just finished it to days ago so i havent had time to check out all th Q&As but i believe that to be true: she's nothing the Shadow World has seen before

message 32: by Madeline (new)

Madeline heehee i love that Will is obsessed with demon pox being true. its the reason i like him

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that's cute, too. I like Will, but I really, really want to know what his secret is. :)

message 34: by Madeline (new)

Madeline yeah he's messed up. i think it has something to do with the ... that thing that Nathaniel took that i dont know how to spell off the top of my head. and of course that Cecily person...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Pyxis. I think the Pyxis has to do with Cicely and Will’s parents. I guess we just have to wait *impatiently* for September 2011. :(

message 36: by Madeline (new)

Madeline haha yes i suppose so.
fortunately we have City of Fallen Angels to tide us over before we start counting down for the next ID
:D