Land of Enchantment discussion

Favorite places in New Mexico

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 2 comments Mod
I have always liked the Sandia Mountains, Madrid (great place to take friends from out of state), and Carlsbad Caverns.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments Santa Fe is great. Gallup has a great trail system and wonderful jewelry. ..... Chaco Canyon is great as well.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (shiroibara) I've always loved Acoma pueblo and the drive out there. I've only been to Carlsbad once and it was a short visit (got there as the caverns were closing) but it was beautiful too.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

James wrote: "I have always liked the Sandia Mountains, Madrid (great place to take friends from out of state), and Carlsbad Caverns."

Me also! Everyone in my family has been thru Carlsbad Caverns! Father, mother, sisters, hubby and son! But my very favorite place is Taos. The art there really cheers me up and I love Moby Dickens Book Store. I found Wesley the Owl there.

Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl

message 5: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (solucha) | 6 comments I love Northern New Mexico: Santa Fe, Chama, Taos. Last lived in Rio Rancho. I'm in Kansas now and miss the art of New Mexico. I appreciate Diana Bryer's work.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Joanna wrote: "I love Northern New Mexico: Santa Fe, Chama, Taos. Last lived in Rio Rancho. I'm in Kansas now and miss the art of New Mexico. I appreciate Diana Bryer's work."

We have some of Diana Bryer's work by our front door. I bought it for my hubby...Santa Fe Cat Woman is the title as he likes cats so much. We lived near Tijeras on the edge of the National Forest. I am now in Colorado near the North Pole....Santa's workshop. I think half of KS is here at the moment as it will be 47 tonight.

message 7: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (solucha) | 6 comments Alice wrote: "Joanna wrote: "I love Northern New Mexico: Santa Fe, Chama, Taos. Last lived in Rio Rancho. I'm in Kansas now and miss the art of New Mexico. I appreciate Diana Bryer's work."

We have some of ..."

Hi Alice, Yep, "Santa Fe Cat Woman". An absolute must! I asked Bryer about that piece one time and she said she did it as a gift to a neighbor who always had lots of cats around. When Bryer gave the painting to her, the woman laughed and said she couldn't stand cats, that her husband was the one with all the strays. I can't imagine her not accepting the piece though. I'd LOVE to have an original.

I know exactly where Tijeras is. We looked up there for something to rent, but ended up in Rio Rancho. Tijeras is beautiful.

It's been so hot in Kansas, I can see why everyone is running to Colorado! The North Pole sounds heavenly.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I would be THRILLED to have the original. I can't imagine that either. I like cats but they give me asthma so if I pet one I have to immediately wash my hands. The cat is the most allergenic animal. I wish they could breed one that doesn't have that protein in its dander so it would be safe. The white female cat is the safest and the black male cat is the most allergenic. It helps if you wash them.

I sure miss Tijeras but its wonderful here too. The library at Tijeras was amazing and I liked to visit the bat sanctuary there. I had to move where people do not put pesticides or herbicides on their lawns as and its best for me not to be near people mowing grass. ABQ how has a great policy of paying people to go xeriscape which helps. They also do not allow them to plant allergenic tress like the sycamore. All of those things were wonderful helps for me since I have Chemical Injury or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS). Most people up in the East Mountains did not have lawns but they had big Ponderosa pines. I actually had a rosebush that did well.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina (dogtrainer89) I have to say that my favorite place is my hometown and the town I am currently live in which is Las Vegas, NM.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "I have to say that my favorite place is my hometown and the town I am currently live in which is Las Vegas, NM."

Hubby and I like Las Vegas, NM too. We thought about moving there if our house had sold.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

missing NM today!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 2 comments The mesas and the way the light changes throughout the day at Ghost Ranch is the reason I moved to New Mexico.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Jamie wrote: "The mesas and the way the light changes throughout the day at Ghost Ranch is the reason I moved to New Mexico."

Oh, that is so true! I have some fantastic pictures that I made in that area....Abiqui, did I spell it right?