Outlander Series discussion

miscellaneous > Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (late4thislate4that) Does anyone know the meaning behind each of the new paperback covers?

message 2: by Pinda (new)

Pinda | 144 comments Sarah wrote: "Does anyone know the meaning behind each of the new paperback covers?"

I was wondering if the symbols had a meaning too, good catch.

message 3: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 27 comments DG wrote a blog post about the most recent cover of an echo in the bone - she said it's not a chicken foot!! But I can't remember what it is....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe the cover of Echo has a caltrop on it which is supposed to suggest four different plots or something like that. I was just looking for the full explanation and couldn't find it but maybe someone else can.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 40 comments Beth wrote: "I believe the cover of Echo has a caltrop on it which is supposed to suggest four different plots or something like that. I was just looking for the full explanation and couldn't find it but maybe ..."

I took this excerpt from the limited edition booklet that was given out by Borders.
"A caltrop-incase you've not encountered one so far-is an ancient but effective form of military hardware. "

"Why is there a caltrop on the cover? Well it's a stylish wee item, to be sure-but beyond that...you'll notice it has four spikes. AN ECHO IN THE BONE, the seventh-but not the last!- of the main Outlander novels, has four major storylines."

It goes on to explain the four major storylines...
1 Jamie and the American Revolution,
2 William and his British Army experiances.
3 The return to Scotland
4 Roger and Brianna in 1979 at Lallybroch

Can't find this on the blog, maybe on her website?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that it was on her front page for a while and it got cycled off. Thank you for finding that bit. I appreciate it.