Women's Fiction authors discussion

Attention Writers! Flash Fiction Wanted

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Hi,

Starting at the end of the month, my blog will be hosting Flash Fiction Fridays, which will showcase various writers stories.

Would you like to contribute? I am highlighting different themes each month. First up is horror for October, followed by another sort of scary thing--family gatherings. It is 500 words maximum. The horror deadline is 9/29 and the November deadline is 11/1.

You can e-mail your submission to me at karen@karenberner.com. Please put "Flash Fiction Fridays" in the subject line.

The only thing I ask in return is that you follow my blog. No biggie, right?

I am looking forward to reading your work.

Karen
http://karenwojcikberner.blogspot.com

message 2: by LB (new)

LB Gschwandtner (goodreadscomlb) | 4 comments Hi Karen & thanks for the invite for inclusion in Flash Fridays.

I just "followed" your blog so that part is done & we can cross it off our lists.

As for 500 words -- oh man, I think that's a really tough one for me. But I'll see if I can pull off something.

LB

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Fantastic! I am looking forward to reading your work. I think it will be a fun writing exercise for all of us.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (scpennington) | 16 comments Gosh, Karen, most of my flash is around 700 - 1000 words. But this sounds like fun. Is it okay if the stories have been published?

Sharon Cupp Pennington, author of Hoodoo Money & Mangroves and Monsters.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Yes, as long as you provide the information so I can give the appropriate attribution.

Hope you submit. It's going to be a blast!

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Weinstein (julieannw) | 3 comments Hi Karen,
This sounds great. I would definitely like to participate. Are you open to having flash fiction excerpts from a published book. I have some stories that you might like in my book, Flashes From The Other World. If not, I have plenty of other stories for consideration.
Thank you.
Julie Weinstein

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Sure, as long as you say "This is an excerpt from..."

Hope you submit. It is going really well and readership is growing daily.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie Weinstein (julieannw) | 3 comments Hi Karen,
Thank you. I just send you a couple of stories. Your site looks great. I'll a follow to my blog.
Julie

message 9: by G.G. (new)

G.G. Vandagriff | 8 comments I am the new kid on the block and this group sounds really fun. Unfortunately, I can't do horror or short.
Just published new Women's Fiction, though: Pieces of Paris. You can go to my blog to read a review if you're interested. Briefly, it's about the difference between real love and narcissistic "love." http://ggvandagriffblog.com

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Hi, G.C.

I bet you could write flash. It's a great challenge, especially for novelists used to creating with as many words as we want.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Chambers (jesschambers) The family gatherings topic sounds interesting. Right up my street! I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.

message 12: by LB (new)

LB Gschwandtner (goodreadscomlb) | 4 comments 500 words is certainly a challenge. However if you think of it as a long paragraph, and if you think of a paragraph as a mini story and that many of them make up a book, then flash is not so hard to contemplate.
My 2 cents worth...

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 89 comments Jessica wrote: "The family gatherings topic sounds interesting. Right up my street! I'll have a think and see what I can come up with."

Great. I am looking forward to reading it.

FYI, L.B. is up next week (10/15).