You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Today's Issues > Will September 11th be forgotten?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Armistice Day was once heavily celebrated, now it is all but forgotten.

Last Sept 11th we had our homecoming game, something that couldn't have been
done 5 years ago.

Will Sept 11th be forgotten?

message 2: by Poindextεrr., If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!!! (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 479 comments Mod
Eventually, yes. Within the next decade or so, doubt it.

message 3: by Rayna, Learn to ignore those who dont matter. (new)

Rayna | 212 comments Mod
Yeah, I agree with Poindex. It was a big thing and I doubt we'll forget it for a long time.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments I don't think the event itself will be forgotten, but I think that, as time moves forward, we become more detached from the event. 9/11 becomes more of a historical event, rather than a devastating tragedy. I don't believe that the pain and devastation will ever be completely removed from it, though.

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments I agree with Rachel.

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy it's ;like if your mom died.

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments yeah

message 8: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzydavies) like the black death, I'm sure at the time it was very emotional, but now, although we find it sad, we think of the black death in historical terms.

message 9: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments How could we forget such a date? The evil muslims will never rest until they have struck fear into our hearts and minds, and forgetting that will only make the problem much, much worse...

message 10: by Poindextεrr., If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!!! (new)

Mitch wrote: "How could we forget such a date? The evil muslims will never rest until they have struck fear into our hearts and minds, and forgetting that will only make the problem much, much worse..."

I don't think muslims are evil just because 9/11 happened. Christians have done some pretty crazy things, but should we all be blamed? No.

message 11: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments They're not evil just because of 9/11, they're evil for supporting their evil beliefs and worshipping their evil God. And have you seen the way they treat women? It's terrible!

message 12: by Poindextεrr., If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!!! (new)

Mitch wrote: "They're not evil just because of 9/11, they're evil for supporting their evil beliefs and worshipping their evil God. And have you seen the way they treat women? It's terrible!"

Their god isn't evil, despite the fact that he is different from our god. Their god supports peace and harmony with nature; I find little evil in that.

You cannot group all of them into one gigantic clump; it's stereotyping. And, as Christians, we shouldn't stereotype even ourselves. It isn't your place to judge whether or not they are evil, it's God's. You should love them anyway because they are human beings, learn to forgive, and stop stereotyping.

message 13: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortunately, God will forgive them and allow them to go to heaven, assuming they're willing to confess that their religion is wrong after they die.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Uh Mitch, their "evil God" is the same as the Judeo-Christian God

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortunately, God wi..."

The Old Testament also has plenty of violent verses that would considered immoral by today's standards. All of the Muslims that I know are kind, peaceful, loving people.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Mitch wrote: "They're not evil just because of 9/11, they're evil for supporting their evil beliefs and worshipping their evil God. And have you seen the way they treat women? It's terrible!"

Not all Muslims are like that. Most are not.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortunately, God wi..."

So you believe that people can accept Jesus after their death? Cool, that's not the most common belief among the more conservative Christians.

message 18: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments I think that Jesus forgives all, it doesn't matter whether you're alive or dead, you always get a second chance.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments That's very cool of you. :D

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Yay Mitch, another universal salvation Christian

message 21: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortunately, God wi..."

Boy read the Bible jack ass we aren't starch free either

message 22: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 86 comments PLEASE don't use foul language at me! I have to deal with that every day from my sister, and my mom doesn't do a THING about it!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortu..."

Starch free? Never heard that one before.

message 24: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Mitch wrote: "PLEASE don't use foul language at me! I have to deal with that every day from my sister, and my mom doesn't do a THING about it!"

get use to it buck-o

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace as they say.

Fortunately, God wi..."

Have you ever read your bible?

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Mitch wrote: "PLEASE don't use foul language at me! I have to deal with that every day from my sister, and my mom doesn't do a THING about it!"

That's because there isn't a thing wrong with it.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 99 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Mitch wrote: "Well, maybe you should take a closer look at the Quran. Lots of violence and hate and malice that Muhammad was promoting. I don't think there's quite as much peace..."

Now with 0% trans fat

A Kid Named Megan☮ | 6 comments I mean honestly Mitch wat u said was out of line and u know itt.How dare u??Ur way of thinking is the reason y the world is the way it is.Full of hate and no tolerance.I truly hope u can educate urself b4 u go out in this world with tht ignorant way of thinking.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Tay wrote: "Mitch wrote: "They're not evil just because of 9/11, they're evil for supporting their evil beliefs and worshipping their evil God. And have you seen the way they treat women? It's terrible!"

It i..."

Well, I believe that we should be able to judge their actions if they use their religion as an excuse to harm and oppress others. However, just because the religion can be used as an excuse does not make that religion bad. Christianity has been used in the same way, as have many other generally positive or neutral things.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Tay wrote: "Based on what she said, I felt she was judging Muslims as a whole. Not just the men that participated in 9/11"

True. He seemed to be judging the entire group based off of the worst examples.