Delirity discussion

Author N-P > Sign of the Zodiac - V. Pettersson

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela B I almost bought this at Barnes and Noble yesterday and I decided against it.
I haven't heard much about them, anyone read them and have opinions?

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I like these, they are heavy UF, very different from what is out there. For me they aren't fast reads, the world building and mythology is pretty heavy with them. I did think the last book wasn't as good as the previous ones.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I've gotten the first 3 so I'll get to them eventually.

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 11, 2010 08:48PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments What's weird is that the first book was free a couple of months back for Nook and I didn't download it.

The cover of it threw me off for some reason. I really need to download things when they're free, and figure out later on if I'll like them or not.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments The first book took a bit for me to get into...but I really enjoyed it...Darcy is right though with all the world building they are not (at least for me) quick reads...I have the second book and plan on starting it soon

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela B I just read a short story that is set in this world and it actually made me want to read these books less then I had before...

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I own them all, but I have to pick them up.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I started the series last week. The Scent of Shadows was really cheap on the download to the Kindle. I downloaded The Taste of Night to my kindle this last weekend. The universe is diiferent. So far there seems to be holes in that universe, but I'm sure the way the Superheroes function will be further explained. I didn't like the whole 'if no humans believe in us we won't exist' theory. The superheroes are doomed, if they are depending in human devotees! Though, I guess there may always be a few believers. Anyway the times they are a changing for the Superheroes. The Kairos prophecy come to life is going to alter the old mores and beliefs. Warren needs to update.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am glad you liked this one Paula. The world they live in is the best part for me. I love how comics play an important part of the battle.