Delirity discussion

Author G > Luxe - A. Godbersen

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Sep 10, 2010 11:38PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I read book 1 and thought it was okay. I'll try the next one. They're like historical romance for the YA audience. Not 100% historically accurate, but it adds a little something to the book.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I've read the first three and IMO they get better and better. My favorite is probably the third. :) The first book was a nice read, but I just hated Penelope so much. I couldn't get over her character and since every chapter has different POVs it was really hard to read the one's that were in hers. She's such a bi**h and I couldn't find one redeeming quality in her.

I love love love love Diana. At first my favorite character was Liz, but Di quickly won over my heart from the ending of the first book on. My favorite male character was Will in the beginning, but that also changed at the ending of the first book. Now my favorite male character is Henry, though I do like Teddy a lot too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Teddy in the final book. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Okay, I've only read book 1, but I have to agree with the Diana love.

I didn't like Liz at all, even though I understood why she acted the way that she did.

The book at first was sort of dull, but wow, the second half was pretty good. I am looking forward to book 2 now.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I'll read book 2 sometime this month. I liked Bright Young Things better than Luxe.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments I just got done reading Luxe. I really liked it.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Jamine and Stacia, I love Diana too! Definitely love the rebel!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Sigh...finally just finished this series.

I have such torn emotions about the whole thing. Godberson crafted an amazing story. If you've only read the first book, it's hard to really convey just how wonderfully emotional the books are as a complete series. It was not unusual to go from being happy one moment to sad the next, then from angry to elated.

She sort of pulled a Mockingjay with the last book though, in which most of the characters got screwed, and only one girl really got her happy ending. Not really a spoiler, since I'm not saying who got what.

I closed the book sad and pissed, but still impressed at not only the beauty of the story, but at the fact that she did what we often complain others don't do enough of : wrote the story she wanted to write without caring if it would make the fans happy or not.

message 9: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I loved Henry! (view spoiler)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read only the first and I'm in the middle of the second one and so far, I really like the series. Yep, HR now and then really is refreshing.
My fav is Di, too!!
At first it was Liz, but soon I found her too up-tight... Di is more lively and more my kind of girl :)