Delirity discussion

Author C > Weather Warden - R. Caine

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I didn't realize book 9 was the final book. I had to look when I was half way through because there's just so much destruction that I didn't know how Caine was going to top this if she wrote another one.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I read the first and have the second, but I didn't care for the first one that much.

message 4: by Heather (new)

It took a while to get interesting. i think each one got a little better, but if you're not remotely interested in weather it takes a bit to get into them. I don't know what made me keep reading, but I ended up liking book 5 and 8. The rest were so-so.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I like Caine's writing and she has believable explanations for the wardens control of the elements. I like many of the characters. I have been trying to read Gale Force for months and months. I just can't get into the story. The book doesn't offend me in any way, but I am a bit bored with the overall series' story line. I will eventually finish Gale Force. Good to know that there are 9 books. I do want to finish the series.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I tired the first one and just couldn't get into it.

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Heather wrote: "It took a while to get interesting. i think each one got a little better, but if you're not remotely interested in weather it takes a bit to get into them. I don't know what made me keep reading, b..."

See, I have no interest in reading a series this long and only finding most of the books so-so. I have so many other books to read.

message 8: by Heather (new)

From here on out Paula it's like the world is just falling apart. The one good thing about this series is that everything is very much connected and each book influences the next, leading to the final book. It's not a bunch of side stories that don't relate in the grand scheme of things.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) Yes, Heather I do agree that the main story line flows from one book to another. The cliffhangers aren't too bad. In some of Caine's other series the cliffhangers really irritated me. In the Weather Warden series Caine definately had her story line for the series planned out. I like that. Joanne has had to think her way out of so many seemingly new insurmountable situtations. A more powerful Warden who wasn't an original thinker would have been killed. Of course Joanne is pretty powerful. I hope Joanne earns some rest at the end of the series.

message 10: by Heather (new)

I knew how it was going to end because I read an interview and it killed some of the book knowing in advance whether things were going to work out for her or not. I think I would have enjoyed it more not knowing.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Wow! It looks like Caine will be self publishing the next book for 2016. She even has a kick starter setup.

Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10) by Rachel Caine

I haven't finished this series yet, but I think I'm happy about it.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I really like the cover, but didn't care for the series.

message 13: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Jan 30, 2016 03:14PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I think I got up to book 2, and enjoyed it!

I like the cover too. It's like a dangerous tango!!!! (Queue Bruno theatrics!)

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Hm, I am interested in checking out this series. hopefully no strange cliff hangers that are actually the climax of the story like in her Morganville series.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments They do end on cliffhangers, not as crazy of ones.

message 16: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "They do end on cliffhangers, not as crazy of ones."

Oh cliffhangers aren't bad. The way MV books end though its far beyond and far worst than a cliffhanger. It's just the climax of the story really. Hopefully I can start this in the next few months.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments That's true.

It's strange I remember being so happy with Glass Houses. But at this point it's a 2 of 5 for me.

I've been lucky with my rereads so far this year. I know I read it when it first came out, so I was much younger and just happy to have a decent YA vampire book.