The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > We Will Never Forget: 9/11

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments I can't believe it has been 9 years since 9/11. It still boggles my mind and brings up a myriad of emotions. The images I saw that day will never leave my mind.

I send my thoughts and prayers with those who have been directly affected by this tragedy.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Jamie, thanks for posting this. I, too, want to send out my condolences to those members who have lost friends and loved ones on this day 9 years ago.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Condolences to one and all; we all lost a lot that day especially the ones who are no longer with us. But we as Americans lost our security and parts our freedom . We have learned to mistrust and misunderstand. That is a bitter loss also.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments Agreed, Carol. It really has affected us all. Certain things will never be the same.

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 92 comments I remember 9/11. I kind of wish I didn't. We Americans are letting one not very nice person rent a lot of space in our brain.
I think more about 9/11 and I am affected more by 9/11 than the tsunami which killed 100 times more people.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments I watched the tragedy of 9/11 on television and still remember my feelings while watching. I can barely express the intense sadness that comes over me every year. But I remember also the brave and valiant efforts of all the rescue people involved and take inspiration from their actions.

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 92 comments yep the Fire Department was incredible.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 481 comments it does still boggle the mind 9 years later. i lived in the flight path of our city's airport at the time, and it was so eerie not to have planes flying over us. looking at the pictures at the online coverage today gave me chills all over again.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Tipescu I had to fly home for a funeral (not due to 9/11) about two weeks after. There were alot of empty seats. When we landed everyone cheered, it felt like we were saying no matter what you try to do to us, we will keep on fighting, and you will not break us. I salute the rescue workers and all the men and women in the armed forces who fight for our freedom.

message 10: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll | 48 comments it is very hard to believe its been 9 yrs it only feels like yesterday it happened i send my prayers to all those familes who lost loved ones in 9/11,and all those brave firemen who risked their lives doing their jobs. i was recieving my jr cert results in ireland when it happened i was so shocked to see what happened when i came home.

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 508 comments It was indeed a sad, terrible day in our nation's history. Like Pearl Harbor, we will never forget it. My condolences as well to the families of all of the victims.