Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Sally's Baby Shower Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Sep 10, 2010 07:53PM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments I didn't think we hosted a baby shower for Sally so here is a chance to stop in for a few and say hey....

(and bring something with you would ya)

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
awww!

message 3: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) is there another one coming?

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments I brought a case of IBC root beer and a full set of little house on the prairie books for the baby's collection

message 5: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I have Curious George.

message 6: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments I don't even DARE ask what you're using the clothes pin for.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Legs crossed?

We always did clothespins for the game where you can't say "baby." If you say "baby" you get to take someone else's pin (or multiple pins if that person has been stealing some). The person with the most pins at the end of the day wins a prize.

We did that game when I was pregant with my oldest, but we used white life savers with pink and blue jelly beans and glued them together to make pacifiers. One life saver for the handle, one for the base, and a jelly bean in the middle of the base hole. Curly ribbon and a safety pin and you've got a much cuter thing than a clothespin.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Well that and the stupid melted candy bar in the diaper game. Guess the poop...yuck.

I really do hate baby showers. Even my own. When they pull out the string to measure your stomach it's just annoying.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I usually give this for a baby shower gift, along with a gift card :

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
Here's a little something for the college fund...

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Stacia wrote: "Well that and the stupid melted candy bar in the diaper game. Guess the poop...yuck.
"

Uh, what?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You have to smell, view, possibly taste the different melted turds in the diaper to figure out what candy bar they are.

Grossest game ever.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Who knew this thread would turn coprophagic.

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Sally, what is your favorite candy?

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like saltwater taffy, skittles, licorice red and black, and peanut butter cups.

Bun! I love that you show up!
Thanks guys. Sometimes I think baby showers should come once the baby is a few months old. I didn't appreciate TRULY appreciate all those clothes and toys before Leah was here but now I know how useful it all is.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I brought her expensive beer, one night of babysitting, and seven minutes in heaven with that blonde vampire from True Blood.

message 17: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'm buying a cool picture book, because books you can keep.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I brought plane tickets to Tahiti. They're good for a year.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Little house on the praire books!
seven minutes with Mr. Yum!

Tahiti!

This is the best shower ever.

message 20: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments OK, now that I know what kind of candy you like, I'll arrange one of the games. We get a big 2-gallon Martha Stuart storage jar and I will fill it with Peanut Butter cups. If I can find them I will get the Peanut Butter pumpkins, as they are large and delicious. We will make everyone guess how many Peanut Butter Pumpkins are in the jar, but very sneakily, I will let Sally know the number so she will be the Winner! You get to take home the delicious prize! and NO ONE will be resentful of your win! No one!

message 21: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart description

I bought one for my niece like, two years ago.

I saw her yesterday, and she pulled it out and wanted me to play that while she banged on her drums.

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Sep 11, 2010 09:56AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally, I shall give you a day at a luxurious spa (with MOI)

, followed by a weekend getaway to a wonderful, quaint little mountain resort with your family (I should be near there in case you need anything)...

and wrap it up with an outdoor concert, your choice (avec moi, aussi),

and all the free babysitting you'll ever need (me... I get Leah time). :)

[image error]

(with nephew... but you get the idea)

message 23: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 11, 2010 09:22AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You get to take home the delicious prize! and NO ONE will be resentful of your win! No one!

I wanted those pumpkins! Bitch!

message 24: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I love how that sentence is punctuated, RA. It's not "I wanted those pumpkins, Bitch!" It's like you had to think about whether or not she was a bitch for getting the pumpkins.

At least that's how I read it.

message 25: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments RA, It's her party and she'll win if she wants to.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wait...is this a baby shower or the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER?!?!?!!!

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Sep 11, 2010 01:17PM) (new)

I'll throw in these Swedish baby slippers too.

[image error]

Sized for 4 months, and 8 months....

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Cute overload!

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

And this interesting bassinet, which looks like a soapdish...
[image error]

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uh...i love those baby slippers

message 31: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "uh...i love those baby slippers"

Looks like they come in adult sizes too!

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes!

message 33: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i would wear those (i wear ugg slippers...)

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'll babysit when Heidi's not available Sally, I love kids.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We'll all be her aunts and uncles.

message 36: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Larry wrote: "We'll all be her aunts and uncles."

Excellent plan!

message 37: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "I'll babysit when Heidi's not available Sally, I love kids."

I'm not sharing!

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Heidi wrote: "Jim wrote: "I'll babysit when Heidi's not available Sally, I love kids."

I'm not sharing!"

>:(

message 39: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Stacia wrote: "You have to smell, view, possibly taste the different melted turds in the diaper to figure out what candy bar they are.

Grossest game ever."

I think guess the baby food might be grosser. Not grosser looking but I'd rather smell/taste a melted snickers bar than baby food beef stew any day.

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments description

message 41: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments description

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

Is there alcohol in that Smetch? I need a drink.

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oh lord, booze coming out. i'll just take the baby in the other room with me and put on Finding Nemo

message 44: by Sally, la reina (new)

Leah will appreciate that.

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Sally wrote: "Leah will appreciate that."

Heidi won't. Kevin had better watch his back.

message 46: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments My gift won't be usable right away but it will come in very handy when the time comes. I sent this kit with instructions to my friend when she started potty training her daughter...they had a blast with it :)

2 detachable potty chair seats- one for mommy and one for daddy...these should be proudly displayed as crowns, and from this point forward your names shall be known as Queen 2-ply and King Poopy. You are rulers of the magical land known as Flush.

1 potty chair- This is Princess Tinkles’(aka munchkin in training) throne

1 super sparkly tiara- because every princes needs a tiara

1 plunger- Queen 2-ply’s magical scepter...with your scepter you will be able to keep all toilets in the land of flush flowing freely (also useful for keeping King Poopy in line).

1 drain snake- King Poopy's banishing whip…used to banish all the scary potty monsters and dislodge all small toys mysteriously trapped at the bottom of the toilet.

2 pkgs. Of big girl panties….so Princess Tinkles can proudly display her favorite cartoon character while performing her victory dances.

1 bag of Princess Tinkles’ favorite candy…to use when bribery and coercion are necessary

1 camera…to take the all important future blackmail photos with.

1 highly annoying and overly cheerful song about potty training…this will also double as the national anthem for the land of Flush.

Now all you have to do is find a sense of adventure and use your creative imagination to bring this potty training world to life. ;)

message 47: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "Heidi wrote: "I'm not sharing!"

>:("

:D

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments 1 highly annoying and overly cheerful song about potty training…this will also double as the national anthem for the land of Flush.

Just don't play it during the baby shower, or else I'll be in the other room, pretending to watch Finding Nemo with Kevin, but actually watching Sportscenter and hoping no one bothers us.

message 49: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Sally wrote: "Is there alcohol in that Smetch? I need a drink."

AH-YUP! Firefly sweet tea infused vodka.

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Are you pouring Smetch?

« previous 1