Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Bible mess

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trikis (new)

Trikis | 9 comments I'm cataloguing all my books and I've just added the Bible. When I want to combine it I find that A-The Anonymous page is a mess and B-Bible editions are all over the place.

I can understand "A" because, let's face it, it's nearly impossible to keep this prolific author's profile neat and tidy, but I would like to do something about "B". For what I understand we should keep different translations together as long as the content is the same, right? I'm no expert on religious writings son my initial urge is to combine every old testament+new testament edition, is that OK?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I'm no expert on religious writings son my initial urge is to combine every old testament+new testament edition, is that OK?

I know that there have been librarians working on this issue, and I think that they're using a different standard of "same content" in this case. I believe that this thread is the most recent policy discussion on the matter.

message 3: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments And there are some religious work in the Various section too - Trikis - if you get really industrious.