Graywolf Press discussion

Weekend Reads > Weekend Reads 9/10/10

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 244 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

How is it Friday already? And whatcha reading over the weekend?

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Finishing up TINKERS tonite, hopefully!

Then moving on to THE WILDING - in anticipation of meeting Ben Percy at the Brooklyn Book Festival on Sunday!!!

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 26 comments I'm reading Everything is Going to Be Great by Rachel Shukert. It's great, quite funny.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Ok Marisa... why didnt you warn me that Benjamin Percy's voice was so low and crazy?!! When he signed the books, I told him how great you are, pushing his book out there for everyone to read!

message 5: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 244 comments Mod
Sara - How do you like Everything is Going to Be Great so far? I loved that book. The second half especially.

Lori - I'm sorry your meet and greet didn't come with a warning! But his voice perfectly fits his writing, wouldn't you say??

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Ha! It takes a few minutes to get used to. I hear it in my head now as I read the book... it does fit it, almost too perfectly!

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 26 comments Marisa - I really enjoyed the whole thing. One of those books where you bother people around you and read aloud (though not always in the presence of children, ha). I'll have a review up soon.